[1.3] Aegis Aurora BoR 30k dps Super-Tank with 2-3 Counter Attacks +Molten/Static/Lightning Strike

is this build good for 72+ map? and can u kill normal atzi with this build?
is this build still good? how does it fair with higher maps?
"
v_ron44 wrote:

Well nothing changed so you can still do all maps, also Atziri is really easy with this build.

I´ve started playing this build again few weeks ago with a little different skilltree and I would suggest taking Amplify wheel. With quality on static strike the aoe is really huge and I would say that it´s the best way to improve clearspeed.
Hi Assassin2000,

First of all, thank you for that great build! I've dropped that counter-attack gem and wanted to build a character around that, your guide helped a lot !

So i'm a noob and playing HC, and really tempted by some notable in the duelist starting area, at least for the leveling part, but i don't know if they really worth it:

-Weathered hunter and/or Cloth and chain: 8 point investment for +36% to elemental resistance, sound pretty damn tempting given that elemental damage is the scariest thing so far.

-Revelry: Looking at those feedbacks on mana issues, this could solve it

This might not be needed later on and regreted. And it's a lot of point to invest and it will delay the access to some key skills.

So, what do you guys think about that ?

P.S: sry for my bad english

"
Mern wrote:
"
v_ron44 wrote:

Well nothing changed so you can still do all maps, also Atziri is really easy with this build.

I´ve started playing this build again few weeks ago with a little different skilltree and I would suggest taking Amplify wheel. With quality on static strike the aoe is really huge and I would say that it´s the best way to improve clearspeed.

Hi Mern, thanks for the reply. I'm just curious, how does your skill tree look like? And how different is your build compared to OP's build.
I've been wanting a build like this pretty much when I started playing PoE (back when there was no Act 3 and no voice acting). I eventually did scrounge up enough currency (and a bit of luck on my side) to make a budget version of this build.

Long story short: I had some troubles getting the build going, but after a bit of tinerking, very effective and hilarious. Try using Static Strike - Multi - WED - Lightning Penetration. Lower tooltip dps, roughly equal clear speed as Lightning to Phys, but you can use mana leech to sustain.

The longer story:
Gear

I didn't spend much on the gear. Something like 2 ex plus 15 chaos, plus some random stuff I had laying around in my stash. I bought the corrupted BoR under the assumption that Static Strike - Multi - WED - Phys to Lightning was going to be awesome. More on that below.

Tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABBS0GOQ3NFCAVIBXsGbQaPhzOHt8i4iSLKS4ppSpNK1As6S_MNZI8LT0PPfw_J0d-R-JKyE4qT1ZPfVBHUWBYY1uvXz9gS2LsZU1nm26qcql07Xasd-N35Xk5eu98uHy7fNl-4oBWguSE2YTviq-Mz5ARmSukOa2Nrj6vp7M_tfK2irc-uR29Nr2Bvqe-vMGCxPbGrsqQytPPftCB2L3dDeRR6hjvDvIv8wb2SPaj9zL7qv4K_lQ=

I didn't read the mechanics on how damage conversion worked. I thought that the 50% phys to lightning on static strike and the 50% on the support gem would stack multiplicatively instead of additively. So I expected to have 25% phys and 75% lightning and be able to use mana leech to sustain. I purchased a corrupted legacy BoR with that assumption. Wrong!

The only way I can see having Phys to Lightning work effectively is either use a Mana Leech gem, Soul Taker, or have Mana on Hit. Currently there is a lowly +2 mana per hit on the tree, so the only major source of it is from Thief's Torment (which I don't have at the moment). I've heard from people in the Expansion Beta that there is a weapon with mana on hit, and there are most sources on the new skill tree. Using Thief's Torment would make meeting the int and dex requirements of the gear troublesome.

I tried linking Mana Leech to Reckoning, and then Vengeance, but neither could sustain constant Static Strike spam. It worked alright in a large pack, but vs solo mobs that didn't attack much, it sucked. I also tried running with 2 Divine Mana flasks and just chugged them like crazy, but that was clunky.

Being hamstrung by the RRRB BoR, I tried Increased AoE and Conc Effect which were both 'eh'. I finally settled on Lightning Penetration and 3% mana leech on gear. The tooltip DPS is lower, but the clear speed was significantly faster than any of the previous attempts. I've been able to run maps at level 71 that my level 82 Ele buzzsaw char wouldn't dare touch. Is Lightning Pen better than Added Fire? I can't say since I can't test it (unless someone is willing to donate a Legacy BoR =p). However I think Lightning Penetration is a viable gem for Static Strike.
Last edited by InBobWeTrust on Jun 1, 2015, 7:41:08 PM
"
v_ron44 wrote:
"
Mern wrote:
"
v_ron44 wrote:

Hi Mern, thanks for the reply. I'm just curious, how does your skill tree look like? And how different is your build compared to OP's build.

I didn´t go for those ranger block nodes and instead of them I´ve taken some templar nodes for more dmg and hp. Also i dropped grace for hoa and tempest shield.
My current tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEABIcEswUtBjkJMwz3Dc0UIBUgGbQaOBo-HM4kiySbJy8oKimlKk0rUCzpL8wyTjWSPAU8LT0PPfw_J0CgQXRHfkrITipQR1FgValX4lhjW69eE18_YEti7GVNZ5to8moBbqpyqXTtdqx343fleTl673y7fNl-4oKbhNmE74tPjM-PmZBVl3mXtJ_fogCplayvrj618raKtz69Nr6nwGbAv8GCxPbGrsbYytPPftE22L3dDeFz4izkUenV6hjsOO0g7w7vfPAf8i_yRfMG9kj3MvdN-6r-Cv5U
I have some of the relevant uniques, can I attempt a build like this?

Spoiler

Will the colors ob the BoR be an issue? Also 2.0?
Assassin2000 u there? Whats your take 2.0

Thanks,
Andy
WTF? PLEASE UPDATE PASSIVE THREE!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info