[1.3] Aegis Aurora BoR 30k dps Super-Tank with 2-3 Counter Attacks +Molten/Static/Lightning Strike

how does this build work w/o a legacy BoR?
Interested in trying it in the new leagues, but my only option is to roll scion?
"
aDescription wrote:
how does this build work w/o a legacy BoR?
Interested in trying it in the new leagues, but my only option is to roll scion?

Yep, it works without the legacy BOR but you have to invest a bit more in block. Rolling Scion is now totally possible, but not mandatory in any way. Duelist and Marauder are still totally fine and should end up in a similar tree at the end.
Have a quest: I'm the only with some mana problem?
Been running pretty much the same thing as a MARAUDER and I am loving it so far. I use static strike with the phys. to lightning and it is awesome. Only thing I don't use are the counter gems I just don't really think they are all that worth it but that is my opinion. I tried it out with a Doryani's and Soul Taker (non legacy) and was surprised that I found the Soul Taker was more dmg seeing how I could run more auras with it and the faster attack speed I guess. I thought the Doryani's would be more with all the elemental dmg but whatever I enjoy the never ending skill spam without mana worries anyways. First block build I have ever ran to and I think this will be the first guy I actually try to grind out to lvl 100 but that is how much I am enjoying the build.

Here is the build I am using if anyone wants to check it out and make suggestions. Haven't really posted on the forums before so do not know how to link my gear. Also the 4 aruas I run are hatred, HoF, HoT, and tempest shield simply cause it saves me from having to go to the ranger area (that is 8 passive points!).

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAWGPG2D38jM_2SFBH7w4UIF8_5FE8Lcau_gq3Pti9NZK18m6qSsg_JypNFSDRNizp3Q1br04qKaW-pxm0ytO9NmVNhNlHfi_MwYK2imLshO907QUteu9gS14TwL9AoKmVxPYkiz0PUWAGOXKp9zJ82cAaJy-QVRo4gpvsOHGFogDhc-0g8B9o8gSzwGb7qvMG1XXMt7FCDPesrxuXMk7qGFfid-X-VA3NK1AczrcxjHb4604ywaPEFRfhJvgTTHasz36LTygql3lZ_jB34mFkUnuMfLsaPunVeTl-4q2NZ5uuPnfj

Last edited by TheGriz738 on Dec 22, 2014, 9:11:40 PM
1. can someone link me a LEGACY aegis aurora and a legacy BoR (not a legacy legacy BoR)? I want to make sure I am buying the right thing. Thanks!

2. have you updated your build? you said you were going for some ele nodes now or something?

3. Can you show us a tree if you had a soul taker to use?

4. Is going tempest shield something that is actually viable instead of going into the ranger zone? I have soul taker.
Last edited by sighlight on Dec 22, 2014, 10:27:37 PM
"
1Castro1 wrote:
Have a quest: I'm the only with some mana problem?

Nope, you're not. I also had mana problems until I linked my Vengeance with Mana leech. You would be surprised, but that actually solves almost all mana problems (very occasionally do my attack switch to the standard one).

"
1. can someone link me a LEGACY aegis aurora and a legacy BoR (not a legacy legacy BoR)? I want to make sure I am buying the right thing. Thanks!

2. have you updated your build? you said you were going for some ele nodes now or something?

3. Can you show us a tree if you had a soul taker to use?

4. Is going tempest shield something that is actually viable instead of going into the ranger zone? I have soul taker.

2. No, I didn't update the build yet. I have been extremely busy but I still plan to update it.
3. I'm adding in a soul taker section right now, due to popular demand.
4. Yes, I guess it would work. I haven't tried it though... Which aura would you drop?
"
Assassin2000 wrote:

2. No, I didn't update the build yet. I have been extremely busy but I still plan to update it.

I'm planning on respeccing an old build into this one soon so I would also like to see an updated tree, thanks.

Standard Forever
"
TheGriz738 wrote:
Been running pretty much the same thing as a MARAUDER and I am loving it so far. I use static strike with the phys. to lightning and it is awesome. Only thing I don't use are the counter gems I just don't really think they are all that worth it but that is my opinion. I tried it out with a Doryani's and Soul Taker (non legacy) and was surprised that I found the Soul Taker was more dmg seeing how I could run more auras with it and the faster attack speed I guess. I thought the Doryani's would be more with all the elemental dmg but whatever I enjoy the never ending skill spam without mana worries anyways. First block build I have ever ran to and I think this will be the first guy I actually try to grind out to lvl 100 but that is how much I am enjoying the build.

Here is the build I am using if anyone wants to check it out and make suggestions. Haven't really posted on the forums before so do not know how to link my gear. Also the 4 aruas I run are hatred, HoF, HoT, and tempest shield simply cause it saves me from having to go to the ranger area (that is 8 passive points!).

What is your DPS?
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Assassin2000 wrote:

I'm planning on respeccing an old build into this one soon so I would also like to see an updated tree, thanks.

I just updated the build and added a Soul taker option.
Just a little improvement for your builds - since we are playing duelist and we take Iron reflexes, you should drop those marauder start nodes and take ranger nodes. You get the same hp and more reduction.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info