[1.3] Aegis Aurora BoR 30k dps Super-Tank with 2-3 Counter Attacks +Molten/Static/Lightning Strike

As i promised for today im posting screenshots but first i will link my gear, tree and gem setup currently in use. Flask setup isnt at final stage i need to buy Rumi's.

GEAR

Spoiler

TREE

Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQABIcEswUtBjkJMwz3FCAU9hUgFewZtBo4Gj4brSE0JIsnLykuKk0s6S_MMk41kjqdOzs8LT0PPeI_J0CgQT9HfkjuSshQR1FgUeZVqVfiXhNfP2BLYuxlTWebaPJqAW6qcql07XdTd-N35XiueTl673y4fLt82X7igpuE2YTvhjuMz4-ZkFWXtJkrnsWiAKmVrK-uPq-ntC-18raKtz65Hb02vYG-p8BmwL_BgsT2xq7KkMrT0TbTfti94XPiLORR6hjsOO0g7w7vevAf8i_zBvZI9qP3Mvuq_go=

SCREENSHOTS(They are pretty big scroll from left to right too)

Spoiler

QUICK AND SHORT VIDEO OF DOMINUS RUN USING STATIC STRIKE

Spoiler
http://youtu.be/eHwA3cDtGLA

IGN: BerserkCry LVL 91 / MoodyGod LVL 81
Last edited by Lancelod1992 on Dec 18, 2014, 9:19:21 AM
Nice! I have one question though and that is why not Unwavering Stance? IMO it is essential for this build because of Aegis.

I recommend dropping some armour nodes and just picking up Unwavering Stance. The synergy with Aegis is too good to miss out on.

And about Rumi's, I would rather save up those exalts and get a legacy Aegis for that.

Otherwise, great stuff! Glad the build is working for other people too!
I will think about Unwavering Stance I need some regrets first .
Im going to update my post with quick Dominus Run .
Last edited by Lancelod1992 on Dec 18, 2014, 9:58:34 AM
"
Lancelod1992 wrote:
I will think about Unwavering Stance I need some regrets first .
Im going to update my post with quick Dominus Run .

Nice, thanks a lot for the video! Could I link it in my guide, in the main post? Keep making videos, they are great! Maybe some maps now? :)

In other news, a levelling guide will soon be coming! And I also hope to create another section detailing variants and other options with the build/tree.
Ofc you can its not the best but to see how build looks can be good.If i figure it out how to record good 720 p that is not a few GB i will record Map maybe ;p
Last edited by Lancelod1992 on Dec 18, 2014, 3:07:15 PM
A seemingly common question is this one:

"
Hi!
I really like your build and would like to try it out.
I got all the items for it but would like to try it with a soul taker instead.
What changes would you make? Could i just change the mace tree to the axe tree or should i do other changes aswell?
from Boubacar123

Here is my response:

"
Hello, great to hear that you like it!

I plan to write a section about alternatives in the near future, including a soul taker option. I think it can be really strong, but a number of changes have to be made:

1. Mace nodes have to change to axe nodes, as you mentioned.

2. To make full use of the no mana cost thing with soul taker I would use a high mana costing, strong skill. The best 2 options which come to mind are dominating blow and cyclone. You have a choice which to use, and if one of those appeal to you I can perhaps give you further advice.
3. Since neither of the above skills are elemental in nature, my recommendations about going into the templar area for nodes should be scrapped.

4. Support gems in the BoR and colours will need to change. Maybe : Cyclone - Added Fire - Conc effect - Increased Aoe/ Physical to lightning/Life leech/Life gain on hit.
Dominating blow - Multistrike - Added fire - Melee splash

5. To make full use of the soul taker, we need to find a way to run Hatred+Grace+ Herald of Ash. This means either going up into templar and grabbing those reduced reservation nodes, or going into shadow and getting those. I will think about this and send you a proposed tree later maybe.
6. Due to running 3 auras, I think the ideal setup is probably a 4l gloves/boots. You can then have reckoning+vengeance+cwdt setup or reckoning+ cwdt-setup X2.

So the build will take some tweaking, but it should be at least as effective as the Doryani main spec.
"
Assassin2000 wrote:

"
Build looks nice. I am doing a build fairly similar to this. I have finally settled on actually using Soul Taker. dps went way up from Dorynis I then speced out of the templar ele wheel and used the mauradar axe wheel...that took my dps up by 2k. All in all it seems to be a pretty comparable variant to you build so hopefully they both work out.

When I sort of theorycrafted this build a while ago, I thought soul taker would be ideal. And I still think it is really great, but I would make some changes definitely. Firstly, take full advantage of the no mana cost and use Cyclone or Dominating blow. Why am I not using a soul taker? Because I can't afford it :(((

I'm beginning to think it is tough to go wrong with this build and most variants will work extremely well, or better. I'd be interested to hear your stats though... Screenshot? Please include your level, items and class :-)

I am working on leveling the gems and tweaking the spec a little bit. It seems like this build performs better than the tooltip dps states. For example with unleveled gems and being lvl 88 my tooltip dps is only around 18k if I remember right, but yet I am taking out yellow 77-78 maps no problem. Is the clear speed as great as my SA/Punture Shadow, Chin Sol/Puncture Trap Ranger or my Tornado Shot Windripper Scion no, is it so slow that it's boring though...no. This build will not be breaking any speed clear records in any form but it will be a nice toon at high levels due to it's high survivability. I don't see this build losing alot of xp at higher levels to unexpected deaths unless you are just completely afk while you are mapping. Although on those same lines I have an 88 Maurader that uses legacy facebreakers and abyssus along with vengeance, reckoning and CoDT. I cleared an entire 77 shipyard map including the boss without ever attacking. Yes it took some time but it was still fun. With facebreakers those gems are doing 20K+ damage on just a 4L and that is unleveled. I know thats a little off topic but I kind of just wanted to point out the potential power of those gems. I can not speak on how viable it would be for hardcore because I respec'd at level 88. It is hardcore viable at this level but not sure about how actually leveling with this build would be. I will post some screen shots of dps as soon as I get my spec tweaked and get the gems to a respectable level.
"
XxLabanxX wrote:
"
Assassin2000 wrote:

"
Build looks nice. I am doing a build fairly similar to this. I have finally settled on actually using Soul Taker. dps went way up from Dorynis I then speced out of the templar ele wheel and used the mauradar axe wheel...that took my dps up by 2k. All in all it seems to be a pretty comparable variant to you build so hopefully they both work out.

When I sort of theorycrafted this build a while ago, I thought soul taker would be ideal. And I still think it is really great, but I would make some changes definitely. Firstly, take full advantage of the no mana cost and use Cyclone or Dominating blow. Why am I not using a soul taker? Because I can't afford it :(((

I'm beginning to think it is tough to go wrong with this build and most variants will work extremely well, or better. I'd be interested to hear your stats though... Screenshot? Please include your level, items and class :-)

I am working on leveling the gems and tweaking the spec a little bit. It seems like this build performs better than the tooltip dps states. For example with unleveled gems and being lvl 88 my tooltip dps is only around 18k if I remember right, but yet I am taking out yellow 77-78 maps no problem. Is the clear speed as great as my SA/Punture Shadow, Chin Sol/Puncture Trap Ranger or my Tornado Shot Windripper Scion no, is it so slow that it's boring though...no. This build will not be breaking any speed clear records in any form but it will be a nice toon at high levels due to it's high survivability. I don't see this build losing alot of xp at higher levels to unexpected deaths unless you are just completely afk while you are mapping. Although on those same lines I have an 88 Maurader that uses legacy facebreakers and abyssus along with vengeance, reckoning and CoDT. I cleared an entire 77 shipyard map including the boss without ever attacking. Yes it took some time but it was still fun. With facebreakers those gems are doing 20K+ damage on just a 4L and that is unleveled. I know thats a little off topic but I kind of just wanted to point out the potential power of those gems. I can not speak on how viable it would be for hardcore because I respec'd at level 88. It is hardcore viable at this level but not sure about how actually leveling with this build would be. I will post some screen shots of dps as soon as I get my spec tweaked and get the gems to a respectable level.

Is that you dps with Cyclone? If it is cyclone, it is quite good, but I would be a little surprised if it is Molten/Static strike because 18k is quite low.

About the clear speed, I fully agree. This build can never compete with those builds which speed-run gorge in under 3 minutes... It just won't happen. Advantage is that we die a lot less and can tank 'almost' anything in the game (I have never done Atziri due to my computer so I wouldn't know). The idea is that the clear speed loss is made up for by not losing exp from deaths. On a sidenote, being so tanky also allows me to plat quite recklessly (charge into literally anything and start swinging my Doryani's blindly) which is a lot of fun :-)

About the facebreakers, yep, my facebreaker's counterattack gems do deal quite a bit more damage. The sacrifice is rather large though (abyssus and more phys, 6l, no weapon which means less sockets, block and spell block aren't capped and of course there is none of the aegis-immortality stuff). I guess it really is a trade off...
Nice guide here, just one question.

Can this build run Atziri? Can you share your game play on boss run?

IGN: Xudimijohu (Marauder)
IGN: UnfaithfulNecromancy (Witch)
IGN: Xodobiniwi (Shadow)
"
arothhaas wrote:
Nice guide here, just one question.

Can this build run Atziri? Can you share your game play on boss run?

Hi!

I have absolutely no doubt that it could run Atziri. I mean, I had a WOE BOR build and apparently that could absolutely destroy Atziri, and in my opinion, this build is significantly stronger than my WOE BOR one. I have never tried Atziri, mainly due to my internet connection and having to play with less than 10 fps due to my pc. Running Atziri with those conditions would be extremely tough, and recording it as well would be simply impossible.

So: Yes, I think this build could do Atziri without too many problems but no, I won't be able to record a video of it. I was hoping that some of the guys who use this build would be able run Atziri and post a video of it... Maybe my buddy who posted the Dom run could do it? ^^ No pressure

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info