[1.3] Aegis Aurora BoR 30k dps Super-Tank with 2-3 Counter Attacks +Molten/Static/Lightning Strike

The only spell damage in that room is from the ranged boss. After it is dead the anvil gives a lot of good things that will allow you to completely face tank like the additional block, armour, life regen on block. It isn't necessary, but makes it easier.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
"
lDantonl wrote:

even if i have 75/55 block without the anvil, is the anvil still necessary? will the additional 3% block chance make that much of a difference?

The extra block doesn´t make much difference, but the life gain on block does (you can see in the video, that you will block a lot). The Anvil costs 1 chaos, so it should not be a problem, but just like Etherfire mentioned, it is not necessary.

Also for your previous post, if you are using Static strike, legacy Soul Taker is not a good endgame option, you could get rare weapon with a lot better dps for lower price (you just have to get 2% mana leech on gear).

IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain
Last edited by lDantonl on Jan 14, 2015, 10:44:05 AM
"
lDantonl wrote:

ah thank you both for the clarity. What, in your opinion, would be an ideal late game weapon that would take the place of soul taker (with 2% mana leech on gear)?

Probably any mirored 1h weapon with 500+ dps (even 400 dps would be better and cheaper than legacy Soul Taker).

IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain
Last edited by lDantonl on Jan 14, 2015, 10:43:54 AM
"
lDantonl wrote:
"
Mern wrote:
"
lDantonl wrote:

ah thank you both for the clarity. What, in your opinion, would be an ideal late game weapon that would take the place of soul taker (with 2% mana leech on gear)?

Probably any mirored 1h weapon with 500+ dps (even 400 dps would be better and cheaper than legacy Soul Taker).

Thanks for the tip. I looked into a few 400 pdps siege axes and they look really nice (but a little too expensive for me). If I ever hit it rich I'll look into getting one of those.

yeah and use cyclone! 400dps axe is much cheaper than legacy st. like more than half the price! if you can, get a 500 dps axe and go all out insane!

btw, is 2% mana leech enough? not sure how that would work with cyclone
Last edited by sighlight on Jan 13, 2015, 7:00:24 PM
For cyclone you would need to use blood magic gem. I still think that static strike is better, but it probably depends on which variant of the tree are you using and which skill you personally prefer ...
"
Mern wrote:
For cyclone you would need to use blood magic gem. I still think that static strike is better, but it probably depends on which variant of the tree are you using and which skill you personally prefer ...

hey what level did you get to? I am level 85, near 86 soon! still playing this build. it's fun but I want more higher level maps!
Thank you for a very nice build!

I have followed the tree with some small changes and i use static strike instead.
I havnt had any problems with any map mod yet (77-78's) and i strive to roll the maps with as high percentage as possible.
Atziri is super easy and i think the average is just below 1 portal/run

The tree is probably kinda sloppy made and i would appreciate if some flaws are pointed out(preferably gaining some extra dps).
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAuR0V7JkrvYHKkITZL8zBgraKYuyE73Tteu8FLWBLXhNAoMC_qZUM96yvBIePmTJOR369NmVNvqcZtMrTLOmvp_aj73rTft0NeK5I7j3iG60Dh5VmFSDRNgkz4iwqTT8nSshuqrXyNZL-j9i9_gpN46ZXOuExnrc-xq48LXfjrj5nm-RRUEfvDhQgXz_2SIzPPfxYY8bYl3koKotPGj5-4nk5fLgpLsT2xBU9DxzOK1ANzf5UJIsGOfuq8wZRYHKp9zJ82eoY-OvBo04yF-Em-BNMZFLiYTB3Wf52rM9-

Current DPS 42100 but with static strike the damage is over time so it is alot higher.

Gear
Spoiler

*edit

Changed back to sword and switched axe-wheel to sword-wheel and got 11k more dps.
this ring(mana leech+rarity)+ sword
Spoiler

Last edited by Boubacar123 on Jan 14, 2015, 5:36:38 PM
wow my numbers are nowhere near 41k static strike. I'm using cyclone though and I heard the tooltip dps is not correct. still, I wonder if SS is better because you have double my current dps!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info