increasing amount of legacy items - unsportsmanlike

"
deathspenalty wrote:
Standard will always be a BS league with ruined economy legacy items or not.

The way other arpgs fixed that mainly diablo, was complete wipes.

People would flip their shit nowdays if that happened. So GGG gave us a compromis. A graveyard like league (standard) where the fallen useless characters eventually go, while you play active leagues. Standard should have always been just a fallback league where people go to test things or blow their currency once they die/league ends.

Why is Standard a BS league? It may not have turned out how GGG wanted, but having a permanent place for your favorite items is a big deal for many players. The economy's pretty stable there and legacies can be fun to screw around with if you're lucky enough to have currency.

I sure wouldn't stick around if all my items disappeared every few months. Leveling characters is a disgustingly boring business for me. Play through the same game 3 times per character every few months? No thanks. I have lots of characters at this point and I'd rather tweak them (those skill tree resets are lovely for trying out new builds) than start fresh. The tiny changes every new league brings are rarely enticing. I know lots of people enjoy it, but lots of people don't too.

If Standard, or even all legacy items, were removed from the game, the game would fall apart. I wouldn't personally have a problem with legacy removal, but I do need permanence in an arpg. Life is impermanent. PoE is not life.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Ah... the ol' "I don't like it so it can't be justified" argument.
"
deathspenalty wrote:
Standard will always be a BS league with ruined economy legacy items or not.

Diablo used wipes to combat inflation and exploiters, and keep the ladders fresh from season to season, not to deal with item balance issues. There's nothing particularly inherent to item nerfs (or buffs!) that requires deleting player inventories.

It seems only common sense to me that if something is deemed underpowered or overpowered, it should be changed for everyone, not just new players. How is it okay for a player to be able to pay to have an unbalanced experience, especially in a non-single player game? That doesn't seem like a great business practice or a great game design practice. Is PoE not generating enough revenue as it is from its constantly advertised vanity items and stash tabs? Or do its devs merely take the idea of the 'economy' so seriously that they will do anything possible to avoid alienating the whale traders, even if it's to the detriment of the rest of the player base?
Last edited by Karkadinn on Dec 15, 2014, 9:13:34 AM
Those threads always rely on the "I feel inferior".
I've read some pages and the 'wtf thing' for me is that most ppl who complains, use metaphores like poker or other PVP EXAMPLES.
When they are building a char, they arn't building someth they like/enjoy to play, no they play a pve game to have the bigger one and show it to everybody, and yeah without legacy item you cannot enlarge your pe.... as much as legacy owners.
"
4phex wrote:
Those threads always rely on the "I feel inferior".
I've read some pages and the 'wtf thing' for me is that most ppl who complains, use metaphores like poker or other PVP EXAMPLES.
When they are building a char, they arn't building someth they like/enjoy to play, no they play a pve game to have the bigger one and show it to everybody, and yeah without legacy item you cannot enlarge your pe.... as much as legacy owners.

u got it all wrong m8. calm down ;-)

"
Essi wrote:
"
Antigegner wrote:
A game needs to offer fair (the same) chances for everyone.

No it doesn't.

right of the bat I couldn't name any game - and definitely not any major game - that is designed to be unfair or doesn't offer the same chances based on it's set of rules....
Furthermore: Key components of games are rules. Items are part of the rules. I don't know any game that allows two sets of rules to be run simultaneously.

"
Essi wrote:

Even if it did, your version of fair probably sucks for alot of people. Which is why the full of shit "it's not fair" rhetoric needs to be addressed at every turn.

my version of fair is: games have rules and rules must be the same for everyone, unless the game specifically states that it is meant to be unfair.
or u will have people like me and others complaining.
in this case it is a fact. You can tell me that this fact is not so important, meanigful, etc. and I would let that stand as valid, but your argumentation is...kinda...crude.

“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on Dec 15, 2014, 12:48:44 PM
"
deathspenalty wrote:

You never played diablo 2. Wipes were for closed b-net, not for singleplayer and not for open b-net. Also, who gives too many shits about some ingame economy really got nothing better to do than sit in trade chat all day and thats not playing the game.

Sorry, i gotta go play POE now, maybe this is a game you actually may have played. See ya.
"
Also, who gives too many shits about some ingame economy

People give two shits, even three, when the game is balanced around said economy, like it's done in a game called PoE you might have played...
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Dec 15, 2014, 11:54:47 AM
since the latest patch, I'm the proud owner of a handful Legacy items.
these are added to the Legacy items I have, dating back all the way to early Open Beta.

these are items non-trading players who started at release or later, will never have.
and while I do not compete with these players in the ladder, I do in PvP.
there, it is just as unfair towards them, as facing some super-exalted crit-dagger build is towards me.

therefore Antigegner old friend, I agree with your OP.

and I also wish GGG didn't do this cycle of blowing up the ship you spent tons of effort building, every couple of months.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
-It's not about me not having legacy items, I have lots of them.
-It's not about what other player have, I don't care.
-It's that feeling of getting a drop knowing that you will never find that better version that is out there to be RMT'ed for.
-It's playing a game that has sub-par loot from when I started playing.
-It's the sadness of finding a nerfed version knowing a better version exists. That right there takes away from the excitement of finding loot.

It does not matter what league is played when a Kaom's Heart drop, there is still a feeling of disappointment to a lot of players. That disappointment and wishing that they had it dropped before the nerf. This detracts from my game play, and I don't want to feel that anymore. If they changed all versions there would not be this feeling anymore.

I just don't like the whole concept of playing a loot finding game for over 3 years (this is not my only account), and having the loot get less powerful as I play through the years. It just doesn't feel right to play a game like this long term anymore.

This game is at a point where there are just too many damn legacy items out there to make the loot finding fun and exciting anymore.

Edit:

Because of this new wave of legacy item, I will no longer be playing this game. I am sorry that I bough that last pack last month. I will no longer support GGG in anyway for PoE. I love PoE but enough is enough. I thought they were really getting the legacy crap under control with only one major nerf, the Shav's ring, in 1.2. I was wrong and I am sorry. I don't care if they ever fix the legacy crap in this game. Done!

I won't be missed according to other players in this thread with there don't like it GTFO attitude. I am just one person leaving so no big deal. Legacy items bother me, like I listed above and no liberal mindset is going to get me to conform to their state of thought. Since GGG isn't going to fix this, I can fix it for myself by not playing anymore. Out of sight out of mind.

Thank you for the good times GGG. I will take a look at PoE 2 and hopefully you will build upon the feedback from you supporters.

Last edited by IamtheAxeMan on Dec 15, 2014, 4:32:09 PM
"
IamtheAxeMan wrote:
This game is at a point where there are just too many damn legacy items out there to make the loot finding fun and exciting anymore.

I still find a lot of fun looting the game.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info