increasing amount of legacy items - unsportsmanlike

"
Antigegner wrote:
this is only correct if: it were not possible to craft some stuff nowadays as it was possible some time ago (meaning that some crafting stats became legacy and are not available anymore, but those legacy rafts still are allowed in the game). If that is the case. I should and would complain about this as much as I complain about legacy items because it is as unfair as legacy unique items. Please don't accuse ME (I don't want to speak for others) of being inconsistent in my accusation.

So you mean Item Quant and Crit Mult nerfed from being crafted..?

Remove Mirrors and Eternals - Force Divine on all existing items.

Problem is now solved with upp'ing the droprate of Alchs/Chaos/Exalts - Holy shit, we might even use them now instead of using them as money in this game.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
"
Derpey wrote:

Whatevery Item - that was left in the game that allows people to play the game more effectively/efficiently than others who don't have the chance to obtain such items without trading - should be removed, IF GGG (and only IF) they would want to guarantee that players get an equal and fair approach to the game.

(this point is only - in my eyes - valid for standard so please refrain from reminding me of leagues. I know that, thank you.)
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
"
Antigegner wrote:
"
Derpey wrote:

Whatevery Item - that was left in the game that allows people to play the game more effectively/efficiently than others who don't have the chance to obtain such items without trading - should be removed, IF GGG (and only IF) they would want to guarantee that players get an equal and fair approach to the game.

(this point is only - in my eyes - valid for standard so please refrain from reminding me of leagues. I know that, thank you.)

I only kind of agree on removal of existing stuff altogether like gems. What a shame they didnt deactivate the IIQ gems that were still around and just gave people time to vendor em for scraps and then removing them bit by bit.
The short term nature of leagues show that the game, at any given moment in time, is balanced around items that currently drop. The game is not only fully playable without legacy items, that is how it is intended to be played.

People spending time worrying and complaining about other folks having an unfair advantage in a non-competitive pve game is what brought the monstrosity that is bind-on-account to diablo 3. In the case of PoE, there is a lot more freedom while fortunately there are temporary leagues for the competitive aspects. If you are sufficiently worried about competition to be concerned by nominal advantages, I suggest playing in the leagues that were designed for competition.
"

I only kind of agree on removal of existing stuff altogether like gems. What a shame they didnt deactivate the IIQ gems that were still around and just gave people time to vendor em for scraps and then removing them bit by bit.

"
This thread is basically a summary of gamers being unable to adapt to changes to a game.

"

Think about it logically though, [...]

good :-)

“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on Dec 19, 2014, 10:22:11 AM
"
Antigegner wrote:
"
Antnee wrote:

You seriously don't get the difference between a rule change and an item change?´

items are part of the body of rules.

"
Antnee wrote:

Also, you ARE able to get legacy items. They are not account locked. Buy them if you want them.

this is true, but the difference of their pre-/after legacy-status values has changed dramatically and since this arpg is built around trading (especially if it's a legacy item, which you can ONLY obtain by trading nowadays) they have a significant (negative) impact on players arriving later.

"
Antnee wrote:

As I asked before- why are we not having this discussion over mirrored gear? That certainly isn't going to drop for you either, so why not nerf it to whatever level you find personally satisfying?

this is only correct if: it were not possible to craft some stuff nowadays as it was possible some time ago (meaning that some crafting stats became legacy and are not available anymore, while those legacy crafts still are allowed in the game). If that is the case. I should and would complain about this as much as I complain about legacy items because it is as unfair as legacy unique items. Please don't accuse ME (I don't want to speak for others) of being inconsistent in my accusation. Thx for reminding me I added it to my starting post under "EDIT 4".

"
Antnee wrote:

This is an age-old, tired argument.

I don't see the logic behind: old = tired
watch Atheism vs Theism on youtube...very much alive topic although age-old.

Well, to be fair, GGG makes the rules since they made the game and they can change the rules just like acti blizz took out the AHs and made the game self found.
"
Well, to be fair, GGG makes the rules since they made the game and they can change the rules just like acti blizz took out the AHs and made the game self found.

Can't disagree the devs are in charge ;). Having said that when it comes to items I much prefer having choice and freedom in what I choose to do my stuff (and by extension what someone else does with their own stuff is their own business). For example I played self-found in d3 before they squished the ah and brought in loot 2.ez and made self-found both mandatory and trivial.
"
ladish wrote:
"

Can't disagree the devs are in charge ;). Having said that when it comes to items I much prefer having choice and freedom in what I choose to do my stuff (and by extension what someone else does with their own stuff is their own business). For example I played self-found in d3 before they squished the ah and brought in loot 2.ez and made self-found both mandatory and trivial.

To the contrary, i can play that game now, even if its just for a short time because its just too dull overall but an arpg should never put trading over slaying monsters.
"
I've always wondered if it'd help to put a disclaimer on Standard league if you try and create a character there. Something that warns the player basically "This league is not supported, create characters at your own risk. Wouldn't you rather play on the current temporary leagues instead?"

Anything to warn them what they are getting into. You are taking the risk of playing there.

This is misleading, to the point of lying. They do support it. They get patches. They get 'beta tested' changes thanks to the temp leagues thorough testing and updated consistently with new content both from new patches/expansions and from the temp leagues.

Lying to customers is not a good business practice to funnel them in a direction you would like them to go.
"
Derpey wrote:
"
Antigegner wrote:
this is only correct if: it were not possible to craft some stuff nowadays as it was possible some time ago (meaning that some crafting stats became legacy and are not available anymore, but those legacy rafts still are allowed in the game). If that is the case. I should and would complain about this as much as I complain about legacy items because it is as unfair as legacy unique items. Please don't accuse ME (I don't want to speak for others) of being inconsistent in my accusation.

Remove Mirrors and Eternals - Force Divine on all existing items.

Problem is now solved with upp'ing the droprate of Alchs/Chaos/Exalts - Holy shit, we might even use them now instead of using them as money in this game.

I already use those except ex, those dont even drop for me. Therefore your argument of them only being "money" is invalid.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info