increasing amount of legacy items - unsportsmanlike

"
Antigegner wrote:
I can't recall any other game in gaming history with so many legacy items (correct me if I am wrong please).

Diablo 2?

08 valk
08 tal's armor
08 valor
08 shako
armageddon fletch
storm circlet
70/15 small charms

Probably many more I can't think of off the top of my head.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
To me it seems like they balance around the actual game

so if you don't want to play with legacy items

start playing the actual game
anything is everything
"
"
Antigegner wrote:
"
20/20 and all that.

sorry, I don't get it. What does it mean?

Hindsight is 20/20. Means it's easy to say what went wrong after the fact.

that's so true.

P.S.: As much as I agree with you, but..isn't it a bit surprising that GGG (the super hardcore ARPG-Fans with plenty of experience from other ARPGs) didn't plan this? I mean...isn't it pretty obvious that ARPGs need a lot of balancing and thus items probably need balancing, too? About whether or not legacy items are bothersome we can debate and have different oppinions, thats ok.
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on Dec 14, 2014, 10:07:00 AM
Just delete ALL legacy versions, make them normal versions with higher roll. Yes, i got tons of legacies and its fine for me.

Delete all the fucking mirror services, if you want the best bow ingame make it yourself, dont feed the RMTrs with more and more hundred of exalts (HEY!, im not saying all crafters are RMTrs, but mirror service creates an economic monopoly).

And lets claim GGG a game for players and fansites, not just for streamers/RMTrs, cause they are a minor % of ppl ingame; WE are the game.

And then, PoE will be a clean game.
My Low Life nonShav's/Solaris guide -> https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192209/page/1/
Last edited by robotamen on Dec 14, 2014, 10:07:39 AM
As long as the game has trading and grouping you can't just pretend legacy items don't exist. And the more there are and the more ridiculous they are compared to the current state of the game, the bigger this problem becomes.
You will be disadvantaged on the market thanks to lower income, and you will feel useless in groups. If the devs don't take Standard seriously they should come out and say it openly so the players won't either.

There are already too many options for players in PoE. You can play standard, or HC. You can play leagues. You can race. You can group or solo. You can... and can and can.

If you don't like something, try something else. If legacy bothers you, play self-found or leagues.
"
Standard is a favour.

Yes, it is. The game is designed around the temps leauges. But GGG is happy to leave many players with the illusion that Standard is legit. As long as they take their money, they should treat them with respect too and not make their game mode a complete mess.

"

I don't think the "I have a life, I don't have time to start over" excuse flies here. Not when people can hit 70 in a week or two of very casual play. If you don't have the time to start a new character every 3 or 4 months, you really shouldn't have the time to grind a few bars of experience out of a map or two.

I think calling it an 'excuse' is in my case wrong cuz I didn't excuse anything. I meant that for me the time (3-4 months) is too short to get as deeply involved with the game as I would like to. I can't find all the uniques I would love to. Try all the builds I would love to. Bring all masters to LvL8. Craft some 6Links....etc. etc. etc. Clearly I classify for the standard league. So, calling it an 'excuse' is wrong. I didn't use it as a means of defense mechanism nor is it an informal fallacy of reasoning.

"

But if you insist on clinging to those existing characters even though the game has changed and is best played anew, you're implicitly embracing the concept of the legacy character...and must therefore deal with legacy items as well.

that is true, sad as it is. I deal with them. I just vented. I do still believe though that the issue at hand was handled very poorly right from the beginning as well as ever after.

“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on Dec 14, 2014, 10:50:02 AM
"
Play temp leagues, problem solved.

also ... don't play permanent leagues
What's wrong with legacy uniques? If you have them, congratulations, you have become slightly wealthier. If you don't, then don't bother with them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info