increasing amount of legacy items - unsportsmanlike

"
Antnee wrote:
"
nexuscz wrote:
I explain to you what they did

kaom: they chancing glorious plate 1:500 chance +1000hp

now 1:10000 +500hp

Shav: Now if you identify unique occultis vestments there is 99% chance it is Infernal mantle 1% shavs + it will never be shavs if you dropped it in docs.

Legacy shavs dropped in docs, there was no infernal mantle.
[citation needed]

The existence of Infernal does not affect the chance to get a Shavs. It NEVER affected the chance to get a Shavs. Ever. Please repeat this as much as you need to.

Your evidence is laughable.

Rofl.

You've no idea what you are talking about.
"
Rofl.

Please explain to the class, then, how unique item selection works.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Antnee wrote:
"
Rofl.

anything is everything
"
Antnee wrote:
"
Rofl.

Sure.
Easy legacy mode was:
You rolled a chance orb, depending on the amount of uniques available for a slot you had a higher or lower chance to get the unique you wanted.

Now they changed it to:
Screw you.

Last edited by DasName on Dec 17, 2014, 2:28:57 PM
K, just making sure that foot was firmly planted in your mouth.

Have a nice day!
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Out of arguments, arn't you?
Thought so :D .
Last edited by DasName on Dec 17, 2014, 2:40:25 PM
Not a single GGG comment about legacys in any of the threads, what happened to communicate to the player base? like it was in CB and OB
IGN: Ziggro
The only way that Infernal Mantle affected Shav's is if you're scour+chancing a 6L base, since you cannot "scour off" a unique. I really wish that GGG would allow people to do so, though, and the only reason why they won't afaik is Tabula Rasa.

For drops, technically the game rolls for unique first then picks a unique. However, the percentage chance of Shav's was either not changed, or changed only slightly due to any number of uniques being added (and GGG increases the unique drop rate over time as more uniques are added).

For chancing random white Occultists', Infernal Mantle changes NOTHING about getting Shav's.
Think of a number line, [0 - 1000].
[0-500] is white,
[501-750] is blue,
[751-990] is rare,
[991-998] is Infernal Mantle, and
[999-1000] is Shav's.

Before Infernal Mantle was added, rare used to go from [751-998]. New uniques on a base end up taking rare slots, not taking unique slots. This was verified by Mark in the "I haet troll mantle qq" megathread back when the item was added to the game.

---

The worst part of it is that Infernal Mantle is an actually good chest.
It's Shav's that should have never been added to the game.
Anyway...
Last edited by pneuma on Dec 17, 2014, 2:43:55 PM
"
IamtheAxeMan wrote:

So you should be able to keep your 'build' based on unbalanced items that should no be in the game anymore, but it is ok to destroy other builds based on the passivise tree that other players have settled in on, and then the tree gets changed?

I have a build get destroyed in this patch from the passive tree because GGG does not know to balance around LL Shavs build (a build even more broken then the items I linked). It was pretty messed up, but it was a build that was hanging on thread in the first place, so there was no point of keeping a build that was about to collapse on itself. Puncture got wrecked hard in this patch, and being a melee character, I got caught in the massive nerf because the skill was broken for bow/trapper builds. I did complain, but GGG has not responded to those complains, so I pretty much stopped since there was no point of fighting over a side skill. I still have another skill in that build that got stronger, so in a sense my build got stronger. I am okay with it.

Now if GGG sets a precedence of changing legacy items, I do not know what I will do at that point.

I will leave this quote here from that other thread you made. This poster is pretty much spot on with this subject.

"
CanHasPants wrote:
That's the catch 22. Either decision would be damned, and that's why GGG made the right decision. Not because it was the better--there is no "better"--but because it's the one they made. Had they decided otherwise, there would be a whole slew of other problems we'd be discussing now, and yet the same would still remain true; it was the right decision, because this one would present its own problems.

Either balance is valid and deal with it, or standard is the invalid OP league and deal with it. There's nothing you can do to spite the pro's of either ^-^ ..Except, perhaps, to point out that a decision has been made one way, and so community support would wane accompanying a change toward the other.

Not much more really needs to be said about the matter. Legacy items suck, yes, and they also don't suck, also true, but there simply is no good solution to a game with evolving balance except to set the bars impossibly high and make no mistakes ever, and anticipate every future addition conceivable. Short of that, the legacy dilemma has to exist; that is the consequence of combining the pretenses of permanency with an evolving meta.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Dec 17, 2014, 2:49:56 PM
"
pneuma wrote:
The only way that Infernal Mantle affected Shav's is if you're scour+chancing a 6L base, since you cannot "scour off" a unique. I really wish that GGG would allow people to do so, though, and the only reason why they won't afaik is Tabula Rasa.

Let's be realistic here, how many
-Shavs/Koams
where chanced and how many found before they patched it?

chanced:found
10:1
100:1

something like that?
Last edited by DasName on Dec 17, 2014, 2:46:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info