Witch vs Templar starting spell dmg nodes

"
Karvarousku wrote:

I don't understand your math, or am I missing something here?

Templar:

14 Life + 20% Mana regen
5% Life + 5% Mana
3* 15% Mana regen + 0,4% Life regen
= 65% Mana regen, 5% Mana, 14 Life, 5% life, 1,2% life regen
(Gained 5% Mana regen, lost 14 Mana)

Witch:

25% mana regen + 14 ES (mana)
12% ES
3* 10% Mana regen + 8% Mana
= 55% Mana regen, 14 ES, 12% ES, 24% Mana
(Gained 4% mana, lost 5% mana regen (or 15% if you only picked the start node))

So I really don't see witch being picked over templar, unless you go CI, LL, or a mana starving MoM build, which pretty much goes and picks up both starting areas anyway?

Right. Plus Templar has "6% reduced mana cost of skills" nodes... And I don't talk about "reduced Mana reserved". Totally unbalanced now.
fkxLegacySpectral : lvl 97 Raider ST HowA [Legacy]
fkxBreachSlayer : lvl 95 Slayer Blade Flurry [Breach]
fkxCrockett : lvl 94 Saboteur Ice Trap [Perendus]
fkxRampage : lvl 94 Witch Fireball [Rampage]
fkxShadow : lvl 95 Shadow FP/CI [open beta]
Last edited by fkxDuelist on Dec 10, 2014, 2:10:56 PM
"
fkxDuelist wrote:
"
Karvarousku wrote:

Templar:

14 Life + 20% Mana regen
5% Life + 5% Mana

Witch:

12% ES

So I really don't see witch being picked over templar, unless you go CI, LL, or a mana starving MoM build, which pretty much goes and picks up both starting areas anyway?

Right. Plus Templar has "6% reduced mana cost of skills" nodes... And I don't talk about "reduced Mana reserved". Totally unbalanced now.

"
Very interesting is the contradiction in the passive tree when analyzing the source of mana to all classes. The logic in a first look should be the following:
dexterity = mana on kill/hit
Intelligence = mana regeneration
strengh = reduction in the cost of mana

Then it should be like this:
Marauder: strong nodes reduction in mana cost;
Ranger: strong nodes mana on kill/hit;
Witch: strong nodes of mana regeneration.

and:
Shadow: nodes more weak of mana regeneration and on kill/hit;
Duelista: nodes more weak of mana reduction cost and on kill/hit;
Templar: nodes more weak of mana reduction cost and regeneration.

As it is now:
Now Witch has less mana regeneration that the Templar;
Marauder has less reduction in the cost of mana to skills that the Templar;
Duelist has no reduction in the cost of mana or mana on kill/hit (should have in place Mana Flows) and has more mana regeneration that the Shadow (-_-);
Ranger does not have any starting node to gain mana on kill/hit (should be in Primal Spirit), but has mana regeneration.
Shadow has no mana on hit. Soul Siphon (+5 mana on kill) is very weak. And the mana regeneration is very low (20%).

I hope the GGG review and adjust urgently all I said.
Very good points in these posts, I totally agree.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
fkxDuelist wrote:
"
Karvarousku wrote:

Templar:

14 Life + 20% Mana regen
5% Life + 5% Mana

Witch:

12% ES

YES, someone does understand! Thank you sir! Pure int class, but a hybrid class has easier time casting their stuff? Like.. Really?
Before the change, Witch was the king(queen) of mana regen so everyone went witch, but with a 5% mana regen loss, now we are nitpicking the hell out of the templar tree.

What is this, I don't even.....
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Dec 10, 2014, 2:32:28 PM
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
Before the change, Witch was the king(queen) of mana regen so everyone went witch, but with a 5% mana regen loss, now we are nitpicking the hell out of the templar tree.

What is this, I don't even.....

No, not with a 5% mana regen loss.
Templar is the master of manaregen now, which does seem kinda stupid, since he has 2 insane mana/reduction nodes (6 reduction + 22% mana + 6 reduction)!

So basicly.. He has better life/life regen, mana regen, and is now better at casting more mana-hungry skills.
"
Karvarousku wrote:
"
viniciusxis wrote:
"
patryk1919 wrote:
lol who's gonna waste 4 pts to get 60% mregen?

60% mana regen, 24% mana, 12% es.
It is still a better start than any other classes for running high AA levels.

Templar:

14 Life + 20% Mana regen
5% Life + 5% Mana

Witch:

12% ES

You're comparing new witch area with old witch area instead of new witch area with new templar area.
Templar = 65%mana regen, 5%mana, 14life, 5%life, 1,25% life regen
Witch = 55% mana regen, 24% mana, 14es, 12% ES
Witch has -10% mana regen +19%mana +12% ES +14ES. For higher levels of AA + Inner force thats huge.

I for once really need those mana% nodes on my build, and my build doesn't really go trough templar area only scion which is why i was comparing it wit SCION not Templar. What i was saying was that Witch area is still pretty darn good, specially when comparing with Scion which is just shit (and when comparing, you get a node for 35% mana regen 12% es, which is what i said before).

Also if you start as Witch you get to get 28% spell damage, 18% cast speed, 20 int and 16% ele dmg with spells for 6 nodes without any conectors, while as Templar you get shitty 10% spell damage ones and then Retribution (which i think you'd get anyway if you start life+mana regen and go trough discipline and training). (Just for comparison, Templar 6 other nodes gets you 26% ele damage 46% spell damage, 5% cast speed. If you're using spells on both and you value cast speed at 1:3 for spell damage - i actualy think cast speed is even better but wth - its something like witch 83% spell damage, templar 72).

I'll definetely still pick Witch for my build and i'm pretty sure Witch would still be good for any other caster, this is good change Witch wasn't nerfed to the ground and Templar is now viable again, but nothing OP like you people are saying.
Last edited by viniciusxis on Dec 10, 2014, 2:47:29 PM
"
Karvarousku wrote:
No, not with a 5% mana regen loss.
Templar is the master of manaregen now, which does seem kinda stupid, since he has 2 insane mana/reduction nodes (6 reduction + 22% mana + 6 reduction)!

So basicly.. He has better life/life regen, mana regen, and is now better at casting more mana-hungry skills.

Lose 5% mana regen, gain back 4% increased max mana, not that big of a loss. Funny thing is, I got two templar builds, and I will still not pick up those mana reduction nodes. As for the life/life regen part, well, if you EB it is great, CI, not so great.

If you go EB, and pick up those mana skill reduction......YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG!!

Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Dec 10, 2014, 3:04:45 PM
what about scion? scion was the 3rd least played class and we all know why that is. Their starting nodes are just god awful. Sure they are in the middle and you could even argue they can reach any keystones they want, but with currently tree, any other class can reach 2 keystones they want easily.
"
Karvarousku wrote:

So Witch is "only" better than Templar at, CI, LL or MoM?

Damn shame that I can only use witch for 90% of the good builds.
IGN: NoahsArChen

"Oh awesome, this guy posted his current gear. Let me find him an upgrade!" ~Said no one ever.
So what's new? Witch is still da bomber?
Mirror of Kalandra?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info