Witch vs Templar starting spell dmg nodes

I prefer Templar to earn more weapon elemental damage nodes. Like a 16% weapon elemental damage node + 30 life to start with, as part of options. Then move into more and more weapon elemental damage nodes!!! Muahahaha...ahem....
Make Templar's 2nd ele node 14% instead of 12%.
Buff his Life and Mana start a little or change it completely.
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Op seems to have a need for having things nerfed. After accomplishing his previous goal which was nerfing daggers and crit it seems that the witch class is going to be targeted next.

I'm actually interested in seeing whether this works again or not.
IGN: Ghost_Prototype (100 Shadow - Std)
Remember The Name - Endgame mapping guild. Thread - #1196726
Last edited by GnGEmpire on Dec 9, 2014, 11:35:32 AM
Templar have 30% increased melee physical damage, witch have zero, NURF NURF templar. OP you have no sense, witch is obviously PURE CASTER, while templar is HYBRID caster/melee weirdo. So obviously nodes are not the same.
IGN: MsAnnoyance
You should start with comparing the other side of Templar starting area, which give player just a few mana and health points, with their counterparts in other classes,
This is the main example of fcked up balancing of Templar tree.
On our latest version of the tree, the flat mana bonus has moved to the Elemental Damage Templar starting node, and 20% increased Mana Regeneration has taken its place. The mana regen on the subsequent life and mana regen nodes has been reduced slightly to compensate.

The Witch flat Energy Shield and Mana Regeneration node has also been reduced in power slightly.

Edit: Corrected mistake of saying life instead of mana!
Balance & Design
Last edited by Rory on Dec 9, 2014, 9:49:59 PM
"
Rory wrote:
The Witch flat Energy Shield and Mana Regeneration node has also been reduced in power slightly.

If you are going to reduce it (even if it is slightly), can you please compensate it by placing them in Deep Wisdom notable so it can be accessible to everyone else. Otherwise, this is just a straight off nerf for a class that is the embodiment of Mana.

Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Dec 9, 2014, 9:59:32 PM
That node in the witch tree honestly was very strong and it is was made Witch extremely META this go around. Hopefully it isn't too strong of a nerf. 40% Mana regen with 14 ES (mana) is extremely efficient. Hopefully it is only reduced to 30% or 25%. Witch should have the most mana regen out of all the classes because well she is the pure int "blue" class. I do think the mana nodes after it are fairly poor which made the 40% node even strong. This made this node entirely exclusive to witch which, honestly, was the root of the problem. Perhaps in stead of nerfing it too hard readjust the other nodes or make it more desirable for other classes to path into that node. As it is right now only CI Casters will invest points into portion of the tree to obtain it.

Edit: I also agree instead of over nerfing the nodes add it to deep wisdom (whatever was nerfed) so that other classes have the ability to obtain more mana regen rather than killing it all together.
Last edited by ZenocideGenius on Dec 9, 2014, 10:22:30 PM
"
Damiono wrote:
scion is too weak /discuss

Not "too weak", but her starting area is definitely poorly balanced in comparison. I had hoped we'get some nodes improved again after the nerfs, but so far that's not happened.
"
I do think the mana nodes after it are fairly poor

Once I've got a screenshotable version of the tree up, I'll see if I can get some screenshots of the current values.
Balance & Design

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info