16% + 6% cast speed

Templar:
14% ->
12% ->
10% ->
10% ->
10% ->
16% + 5% cast speed

Templar for the same nodes has -1% cast speed and -2% spell damage, for no apparent reason other than maybe GGG not wanting people to play characters other than a witch? :-D

Then it's even more fun.

Templar's elemental wheel is 34% elemental damage total (Elementalist wheel). Witch can pick 44% damage to element of her choice, with the same four points (Fire/Lightning/Ice Walker wheel). So there goes another -8% in Witch's favour. Total 10% damage and 1% cast speed difference just in the first 10-15 nodes.

And finally, witch gets +40% mana regen with one node. Templar needs to take 5 nodes to get 60% mana regen. Ouch much?

Why do they hate templar so much? How does this ever balance for lvl 28 PvP?
Last edited by delray on Dec 8, 2014, 9:05:55 PM
It's obvious...? Witch is designed to be the better spell caster, with Templar's nodes in mind focused on Elemental Damage in general, with a greater focus on melee instead.

You could use him for spells, and it would be comparable to witch, but there's a reason why the weapon elemental damage/melee damage stuff is in his tree.
IGN: NoahsArChen

"Oh awesome, this guy posted his current gear. Let me find him an upgrade!" ~Said no one ever.
Last edited by SaintSoLo on Dec 8, 2014, 9:10:38 PM
"
SaintSoLo wrote:
with Templar's nodes in mind focused on Elemental Damage in general

shadow is better for elemental
I'm a savage, I'm a king
I fought deceivers
I conquered evil
"
SaintSoLo wrote:
It's obvious...? Witch is designed to be the better spell caster, with Templar's nodes in mind focused on Elemental Damage in general, with a greater focus on melee instead.

You could use him for spells, and it would be comparable to witch, but there's a reason why the weapon elemental damage/melee damage stuff is in his tree.

a) I feel like if GGG didn't want Templar to be a caster, then he wouldn't get spell damage nodes
b) Marauder or Shadow are better for basically all weapon ele builds

Along with OP, I also just typed up a big whinge on why Templar start is mostly pointless now. Read it here if you want.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Dec 8, 2014, 9:38:24 PM
By making all classes have equal starting stats there would be no diversity. Witch has strengths and weaknesses the same as every other class. I am not saying balance is perfect but to expect equal power and capability from each class for each aspect is not reasonable.
IGN: Fourist
templar should just get insane elemental nodes like 20% elemental damage then splitting into elemental damage with weapons and with spells, right now the templar has spelldamage and melee damge, making him uselee for elemental wander/bow/spectral throw builds
I'm a savage, I'm a king
I fought deceivers
I conquered evil
Last edited by StormHunter on Dec 8, 2014, 9:39:30 PM
Witch is a pure caster(Int). Therefor her cast nodes are the best.

Templar is a hybrid caster/ melee(int/str).His abilities are more diverse. If you want to know what he is best at, well his elemental melee nodes are the best in the tree. I think a lot of people are forgetting that his +melee dmg nodes effect elemental dmg too.

"
Consequence wrote:
Witch is a pure caster(Int). Therefor her cast nodes are the best.

Templar is a hybrid caster/ melee(int/str).His abilities are more diverse. If you want to know what he is best at, well his elemental melee nodes are the best in the tree. I think a lot of people are forgetting that his +melee dmg nodes effect elemental dmg too.

This guy gets it.
IGN: NoahsArChen

"Oh awesome, this guy posted his current gear. Let me find him an upgrade!" ~Said no one ever.
Holy shit another thread like this LOL

Fuck we might as well just have Scion and get rid of the rest of the classes. Everyone start from the freakin middle, all these complaints end.

/easy fix
scion is too weak /discuss
IGN : Uhigatana

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info