Witch vs Templar starting spell dmg nodes

nerfing witch cause is too popular ? fuck logic ppls like spell casters that all

why don't nerf rangers ? cause this is popular too

we want more templar spell casters and more duelist bow users or even marudaers with bows cause why not ?!

THAT the logic of this thread ...
IGN : Uhigatana
Last edited by Damiono on Dec 10, 2014, 8:26:30 PM
Taking a -15% mana regen hit is just way too much. It literally takes me 2 levels backwards. Just just too much. I COULD live with 32% instead of 40%, preferably making the other Mana nodes 10/5 (instead of 10/8 each), that would be far more reasonable.

I don't know. I don't like having to go 2 levels backwards just to make up for what a patch destroys... I understand its a powerful node, but don't rekt it if you wanna nerf it. Making it 40%-> 32% is -20% total mana regen gain from that node, more than enough nerf.
"
Blizzard wrote:
Taking a -15% mana regen hit is just way too much. It literally takes me 2 levels backwards. Just just too much. I COULD live with 32% instead of 40%, preferably making the other Mana nodes 10/5 (instead of 10/8 each), that would be far more reasonable.

I would be losing mana AND mana regen because the original one was at 20% increased maximum mana (new one at 24%), and your suggestion (15%) would make those took that route of the tree be placed in a loss-loss situation. Funny thing is, templar would have more mana than witch. lol

Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Dec 10, 2014, 9:35:56 PM
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
Blizzard wrote:

I would be losing mana AND mana regen because the original one was at 20% increased maximum mana (new one at 24%), and your suggestion (15%) would make those took that route of the tree be placed in a loss-loss situation. Funny thing is, templar would have more mana than witch. lol

Well then, you can make it 10mana/5regen x2 nodes and the middle node would be 10regen/5mana.

That way you don't lose mana, u actually gain 5% mana overall - +10 +5 +10 (but lose 8% mana regen). Mana regen, in the 3 mana nodes route, would be 20% like it used to be (5 + 10 + 5). So you lose 8% mana regen (40-> 32) from the first Node, but in the mana route you get +25% mana +20% regen (instead of 20% mana 20% regen now).

So it's much more balanced, and +5% mana is traded for that 8% mana regen you lose at first node. So people who took only the first node (like me) do get a reasonable 8% nerf to mana regeneration, which is quite a nerf IMO, but don't get entirely rekted.

I hope the devs see this. This is just so much more sensible than the upcoming supposed setup!
Last edited by Blizzard on Dec 10, 2014, 10:44:50 PM
This suggestion is much better in a sense for me that I will be picking up those nodes, but that 32% mana regen is still going to be an eye candy. Still better balanced compared to 40%, but I do not know what Rory would think about this suggestion.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Dec 10, 2014, 10:55:00 PM
"
Blizzard wrote:

I don't know. I don't like having to go 2 levels backwards just to make up for what a patch destroys... I understand its a powerful node, but don't rekt it if you wanna nerf it. Making it 40%-> 32% is -20% total mana regen gain from that node, more than enough nerf.

[Removed by Support]

Witch was most played character for some time, do you really want her to be played mostly again in next leagues?

And why you play Witch after all when there are 6 other classes? Just because you can't pull out your tongue from somebody's asshole? :) You are asslicking to streamers?

[Removed by Support]

2 more nodes, pff man, big deal, 2 nodes, [Removed by Support]
Proud Crusader of Hardcore Leagues.
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Dec 11, 2014, 6:10:38 AM
"
Lordemore wrote:
"
Blizzard wrote:

[Removed by Support]

Witch was most played character for some time, do you really want her to be played mostly again in next leagues?

And why you play Witch after all when there are 6 other classes? Just because you can't pull out your tongue from somebody's asshole? :) You are asslicking to streamers?

[Removed by Support]

2 more nodes, pff man, big deal, 2 nodes, [Removed by Support]

First of all, I don't watch streams and I couldn't give a flying fork about streamers and what they like. 2 nodes is a lot when leveling a level 92 character. I'm playing witch because it's my first character and because I like ranged spell casters. That change seems too nerfing and unnecessary and I believe there are other alternatives to better achieve what the goal of this nerf is.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Dec 11, 2014, 6:10:12 AM
Ok, first, sorry for being negative. :) I was frustrated.

But look man, recently on Reddit guys were commenting alot about recent balance, and Rory (balance Dev) was trying to do something about it, etc.

First Templar looked overbuffed (1.3 incoming patch), so everybody said that, Templar OP, wow, Templar nodes so good.

Rory (and his team probably) toned down a bit some of Templar nodes, and his starting node.

Then everybody started to repeat how Templar is now useless, and how Witch is so much better.

Then Rory again adjusted some numbers, and here are you now saying that the nerf is unneccesarry.

Pls, just let them do what they are doing, and wait to see actual release. Why whine about every tiny change they make?

Witch is (was) already very strong, and mostly played character in PoE. Nerfing her a bit, and buffing other characters IS Necessary bro. It is necessary.

I never played Witch, because i like to do the opposite of what everybody else are doing, i like to play underplayed classes, like Duelist, Templar, Marauder. And i didn't even ask for any buffs.
Proud Crusader of Hardcore Leagues.
I really like the Templar vs Witch vs Shadow caster balance as it's now with these changes.
Won't somebody please think of the poor Scions! :<

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info