Witch vs Templar starting spell dmg nodes

"
Rory wrote:

The Witch flat Energy Shield and Mana Regeneration node has also been reduced in power slightly.

I think this is an incredible mistake!
After every patch i play i find myself frustrated that i loose a lot of stats that i need to compensate with insane gear that i have to grind hard with my "nolife", OFC it is true that the Note is to Strong but actually erasing the manareg entirely has a huge impact on every Build that needs this manareg.
I would rather try to bring in the idea of balancing it by putting it on other notes, like the mana notes that come after wards...

The witch is still the main "pure spell caster" class, and the reason ppl play witch so often is NOT bc of this note! It is BC you nerfed Health so much that is mandatory for hardcore players to have Life on EVERY gear slot, so most unique without life are a huge hit to the effective life, as well as Armour working so bad compared to utility items like cloak of defiance or lightning coil...
PPL tend to play less gear dependent specs (caster) who are ranged (caster) and have utility spells like frost spells (caster)...
Not to mention the removal of all +max ressi notes. T.T

In my opinion this nerf would have no impact on the META, please try to see what i try to explain here, and maybe i am dead wrong with my idea... but i think that ppl would start to play less caster if it would stop to be the SAFEST not BEST builds, being less gear depended is the NR1 criteria for early game!

Anyways thanks for reading my thought (isn't well thought trough and maybe contains some "angryness" bc of the new tree that destroys my Build again [not playable anymore due to acrobatic changes]... T.T ^^)
"
Rory wrote:
"
I do think the mana nodes after it are fairly poor

Once I've got a screenshotable version of the tree up, I'll see if I can get some screenshots of the current values.

Awesome! We're really excited to see these balance changes. Pohx and I were discussing how we were happy that you guys made a proactive approach to change these for the better for all classes. Thanks.
Here are the Templar nodes of note:

I can't show you the witch yet, but she now starts with 25% Mana Regen, down from 40%. Her mana path now consists of 8% increased mana and 10% mana regen on all three nodes. This is a total of 24% and 30%, changed from an uneven distribution of 20% and 20%.
Balance & Design
"
This is a total of 24% and 30%, changed from an uneven distribution of 20% and 20%.

The power creep is real.
"
Rory wrote:

I can't show you the witch yet, but she now starts with 25% Mana Regen, down from 40%. Her mana path now consists of 8% increased mana and 10% mana regen on all three nodes. This is a total of 24% and 30%, changed from an uneven distribution of 20% and 20%.

Well that are some nice changes. O.O
Thanks for the quick info! <3
"
Rory wrote:

So it is essentially a 5% mana regen loss, but a 4% increased mana gain. Kind of an interesting way to balance it, but it is much better than just eliminating a good portion of the mana regen from the first node with nothing in return. I can live with this compensation.

Edit: Poor choice of wording.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Dec 9, 2014, 11:57:16 PM
"
Rory wrote:
On our latest version of the tree, the flat mana bonus has moved to the Elemental Damage Templar starting node, and 20% increased Mana Regeneration has taken its place. The mana regen on the subsequent life and mana regen nodes has been reduced slightly to compensate.

The Witch flat Energy Shield and Mana Regeneration node has also been reduced in power slightly.

Edit: Corrected mistake of saying life instead of mana!

Thank god. All it took was a 200 comment reddit thread.

Damn shame the Templar start is still so meh for Searing Bond though. Strength/Int should kinda be the go-to for that.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
Last edited by TheTenthDoc on Dec 10, 2014, 12:17:59 AM
GGG did good thing.Finally,I can chose some other class for spellcaster then witch(mine last 7 chars were witches lol)!
Last edited by And1111 on Dec 10, 2014, 12:26:11 AM
Yay for the interactive balancing of the tree.

MORE OF THIS!

<3
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
Rory wrote:

Personally, I'd rather have seen the starting nodes get a bit of flair rather than being overall rather bland. Why not give the Templar a 2-3% chance to shock/ignite/freeze instead of something boring like 14 mana? Make those first nodes interesting enough to make people want to take the class, in other words, rather than the current situation where you're making all of them equally bland.

Don't get me wrong. From a balance perspective, this is an improvement over what it was. But overall, it is pretty meh design.
Last edited by Mudpony on Dec 10, 2014, 1:53:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info