Witch vs Templar starting spell dmg nodes

Thank you, GGG.
"
Schezza wrote:
lol who's gonna waste 4 pts to get 60% mregen.

If I'm trying to run a high lvl AA in a new league and cant obtain decent jewelry with mana regen on it, I would...
IGN Ken__Kaniff
"
Odoakar wrote:
I really dislike this notion that all classes need to have identical start. Soon there's not going to be any difference between classes, might as well rename them all into 'Vanilla Class'.

You play witch if you want a pure caster. You play templar if you want elemental melee. What's wrong with that?

I agree.. I'm all for GGG listening to the community, but when they change every little thing that reddit whines about it starts to get old and unattractive. The witch should have more mana regen than all the other classes, she is the INT based character for christ sake!

RIP Witch, just like dual spark totems. Guaranteed league of templars, calling it now..

EDIT: Whatever happened to buffing the other less attractive characters/skills to be like the popular ones instead of nerfing everything?
IGN Ken__Kaniff
Last edited by Knightmare101 on Dec 10, 2014, 8:52:00 AM
PATH OF TEMPLAR INCUMMIN!

last time 50% were witches... you can say the numbers by now :)
Very interesting is the contradiction in the passive tree when analyzing the source of mana to all classes. The logic in a first look should be the following:
dexterity = mana on kill/hit
Intelligence = mana regeneration
strengh = reduction in the cost of mana

Then it should be like this:
Marauder: strong nodes reduction in mana cost;
Ranger: strong nodes mana on kill/hit;
Witch: strong nodes of mana regeneration.

and:
Shadow: nodes more weak of mana regeneration and on kill/hit;
Duelista: nodes more weak of mana reduction cost and on kill/hit;
Templar: nodes more weak of mana reduction cost and regeneration.

As it is now:
Now Witch has less mana regeneration that the Templar;
Marauder has less reduction in the cost of mana to skills that the Templar;
Duelist has no reduction in the cost of mana or mana on kill/hit (should have in place Mana Flows) and has more mana regeneration that the Shadow (-_-);
Ranger does not have any starting node to gain mana on kill/hit (should be in Primal Spirit), but has mana regeneration.
Shadow has no mana on hit. Soul Siphon (+5 mana on kill) is very weak. And the mana regeneration is very low (20%).

I hope the GGG review and adjust urgently all I said.
Guides made by me:
Unnamed's CoC CI Discharge Trickster, Tankster BV MoM Poison, Saboquisitor MoM Pure Cold damage with Hrimburn, Trickster Critical Flameblast
Last edited by Carrasco_Santo on Dec 10, 2014, 9:39:32 AM
Well said Carrasco, I agree with everything you said.
"
Rory wrote:
Here are the Templar nodes of note:

I can't show you the witch yet, but she now starts with 25% Mana Regen, down from 40%. Her mana path now consists of 8% increased mana and 10% mana regen on all three nodes. This is a total of 24% and 30%, changed from an uneven distribution of 20% and 20%.

So what he means here is that witch now has the following nodes:

25% mana regen -> 12% es -> 10%manareg 8%mana -> 10%manareg 8%mana -> 10%manareg 8%mana ?

If yes you're still better off than going scion i guess, its the same stats you get and with 1 more point you get 35% mana regen 12% es..
"
Very interesting is the contradiction in the passive tree when analyzing the source of mana to all classes. The logic in a first look should be the following:

and:

As it is now:
Duelist has no reduction in the cost of mana or mana on kill/hit (should have in place Mana Flows) and has more mana regeneration that the Shadow (-_-);
Ranger does not have any starting node to gain mana on kill/hit (should be in Primal Spirit), but has mana regeneration.
Shadow has no mana on hit. Soul Siphon (+5 mana on kill) is very weak. And the mana regeneration is very low (20%).

One would think, right? lol....

Anyways, very well said and I agree with all of it. Ranger and Duelist would benefit much more from having mana on hit/kill than mana regen. Who actually wants mana regen as a duelist/ranger...?

Hopefully GGG looks at your well thought out post and and puts it to use!
IGN Ken__Kaniff
"

and:

As it is now:

You nailed it! 100% agree with everything you said. Templar looks like the 'go to' class when playing a AA based caster in the next league.. sadly.
Last edited by dEus__ on Dec 10, 2014, 11:27:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info