[2.0] Terror's "Shatter Chuck Lite" Variant •• Barrage CoC •• 280k+ DPS •• Atziri w/ 5-Link

"
cuchio wrote:
Hi,
After destroying my 6L Voll's with corrupting pre 2.0, i have stoped playing CoC and now i was able to get a second 6L. I have respeced a scion for this build. It has been ele ST before and thus i have killed Kraityn in cruel. Do you realy think it's better to take the point in cruel? If you take the ias from Kraityn and drop the Berserkering wheel you can get 2 Points for only 10% ias and you'll have 2.17 APS without Frenzy charges and Blood Rage, if you use a 1.5 base APS wand and Maligaro's Virtuosity as the only ias item.

Has someone tried to "Shotgun" with KB+GMP+CoC+LL+FB+AB with a Frost Wall behind a boss? Does it work?
I have tried KB+GMP+CoC+LL+AB against Dominus, but as i only have used a lvl 1 Frost Wall unlinked and with way not enough es on hit it was bad...

Thanks for reply

Not the end of the world if you have Krait. Merc Power Charge is pretty important though.

No, you cannot Shotgun with Frostwall since its a bit buggy and most of the projectiles pass through. Its on the list to be fixed, but likely not a priority (Noone feels bad for CoC :P)
"
Terrornoid wrote:

Not the end of the world if you have Krait. Merc Power Charge is pretty important though.

Of course i have changed merc reward to PC;)

I've found an interesting gem combination:
Barrage-GMP-LL-CoC-Discharge-Ball lightning.

The idea is the same as your
Kinetic Blast(8-) ○ Cast on Crit ○ GMP ○ Chain ○ Fire Storm ○ Discharge

Ball Lightning is used to generate more PCs, as every ball hits ~3times.

Ball Lightning has two advantages:
It isn't that laggi and the balls hit faster. Firestorm needs some time till the fire rain comes down.

With that i can heavily Discharge and i love Discharge. The killspeed is nice(even with lvl 17 Discharge) and only mobs with lightning res give me some trouble. This might be not an issue when Conductivity is used in Cast when Damage taken(i use warlords mark atm.). Also a Volls amu could help with that.
Of course the gem combination puts you in danger, as you have to get close to the mobs.

But i think the tree should be changed to something more like the tree from
Doe's "CastOnCyclone" build

I've made a tree for this (you'll want to grep the PC,EC and Devotion on the left side with intuative leap and you would want kaoms boots for stun immunity):

I might test a tree like that in 2 weeks, when the new skilltree and the reset comes out.
I also might go from ball lightning to blade vortex, if it works better. Blade Vortex would also be nice because of herald of ice+EE can be used than.

The advantage of your build to Doe's "CastOnCyclone" is that you don't need elreon jewelry and vegans dagger. That items are expensive and i don't have the currency to buy/craft them...
Thats why i think of a combination of both of your builds.
Last edited by cuchio on Nov 29, 2015, 12:13:38 PM
I like using 20/20 Ice Nova with Discharge, to collect charges...if you have none it will get you some!
"
justinmm1988 wrote:
I like using 20/20 Ice Nova with Discharge, to collect charges...if you have none it will get you some!

Yeah haven't tested ice nova, but i think ball lightning is better because of the 3 hits.
So ice nova can at maximum generate 1 pc against single target, where ball lightning can generate 3. And Single target is where discharge is bad, because the next crit strike roll for barrage suffer from discharge(not max Pcs) and thus you generate less CoC. With ball lightning you can end up with 6 Pcs between barrage strikes, even against single target. You can have 6 Pcs, because ball lightning has a 200ms delay between hits and travels slowly. With some distance to your target the balls can still travel through it in between barrage strikes.
Last edited by cuchio on Nov 29, 2015, 7:41:45 PM
I played this build in 1.3 and when I read that there's now the blasphemy + warlord's mark combo, I was really excited to check if this build got (or is going to get) updated for 2.1.

Reason is that I was always pissed by the fact that you pretty much have to use life leech in the 6L (or maybe even in the 5L already), limiting your damage potential.

I'm imagining to play a near-melee Discharge variant of this, having the option to run 3 spells in the 6L later on. Are there any suggestions on a good setup?

Also, if one could manage to get +1 curse somewhere, we can probably also equip blasphemy + poachers mark, adding to the potential of discharge or blasphemy + temp chains for great survivability.

Is there a good leveling build available leading up to this idea?

Is Barrage still the best CoC proccing skill, or are there superior ones now?

Last edited by Irongunner on Dec 9, 2015, 3:26:41 AM
Blasphemy sucks ass for the same reason any curse spec sucks ass. If you get to higher level content, damn near everything under the sun is Curse Immune. To make it not Curse Immune, you spend more currency rolling. If you spend more currency rolling, that's less currency going to making your butt stronger.

There's nothing more fun in a game than having the game straight up delete your stats, right?

I will likely never suggest Blasphemy for this build unless:
1) Curse Immune is changed
2) Atziri (cuz no Curse Immune and she doesn't reflect it)
3) We are already super rich and are running Tier 15 maps or something

Barrage and Cyclone are still the best skills to proc CoC. Everyone loves KB because fireworks but the truth is, it sucks ass vs. single targets unless you can get them up against a wall (No, Frost Wall is bugged.)

If you want to run Discharge CoC, Fakener or Hybrid CoC Discharger are the way to go. GGG is apparently blind to how strong Discharge CoC is with Cyclone so enjoy it.
Noob question here: With the upcoming 2.1 changes, would you say that scion is still the best suited for the build?
What you think about Blade Vortex and Bladefall skills? Would fit to barrage coc or only cyclone coc?
Yea, Scion is still great.

Bladefall is OP and will probably be nerfed. It works great with Barrage CoC.
"
Terrornoid wrote:
Yea, Scion is still great.
Bladefall is OP and will probably be nerfed. It works great with Barrage CoC.

Hi,
Do you already have a tree for scion and is it still the best class to choose? Or are you still testing different trees?
You never reacted to my tree idea(on reddit):
Scion Tree

It is as close to the old tree as i could manage to get it. It has less disadvantages then your comparisons on reddit(don't know what classes and what trees you have compared). Do you think it is the way to go as scion or do you think a completly different tree would be better? Maybe going for dual wield or something...
The Problem with my tree is, that Witch and Shadow start does only work with more points.

"
Asag wrote:
What you think about Blade Vortex and Bladefall skills?

About Blade Vortex i have heard it doesn't work with CoC atm, not sure if that is true...
Last edited by cuchio on Dec 15, 2015, 9:28:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info