[2.0] Terror's "Shatter Chuck Lite" Variant •• Barrage CoC •• 280k+ DPS •• Atziri w/ 5-Link

I'm using EB and I recommend EB. You won't have ES with RF up anyways. Why force the build into Elreon gear?

Tried the Warlord's Mark (instead of LL) bit. It's nice, but I'd rather not sacrifice my End Charges on the relatively common Curse Immune (map) affix. Granted, Thornflesh is gone now and we don't have to worry about that combo.

HoI works. I have no problems maintaining charges throughout trash clear. If people prefer, they can use Poacher's instead for a damage increase. If you have a god tier 1 curse ammy, then you can use both.

Eh. I'll try Firestorm. Still not a fan of EE.
Last edited by Terrornoid on Jul 31, 2015, 1:16:21 AM
Hey Terrornoid,

With the recent Thornflesh removal, do you think this build could be HC viable again? Would you use the same gems etc? If yes, is there any chance you could whip up a passive tree for any class that would be more HC orientated? Thanks so much in advance :3 (Just ripped and looking for a new character to play!)
Hey, I read on reddit that RF is currently bugged with EB keystone, i.e. effectively "free" spell increase ;)
"
wiwigvn wrote:
Hey, I read on reddit that RF is currently bugged with EB keystone, i.e. effectively "free" spell increase ;)

Late to the party, it's been fixed.
"
Bursty008 wrote:
Hey Terrornoid,

With the recent Thornflesh removal, do you think this build could be HC viable again? Would you use the same gems etc? If yes, is there any chance you could whip up a passive tree for any class that would be more HC orientated? Thanks so much in advance :3 (Just ripped and looking for a new character to play!)

I would just overkill the defense. Purity of Ice (CoH, Warlord's Mark), AA, Determination. Don't run RF, use Atziri's Flask instead.

http://poeurl.com/zudN0YC

Basically, just drop a tad of offense and grab health nodes compared to the standard one. It'll be slower, but you'll be relatively safe. If you want, you could even drop EB and grab the Charisma cluster and run Mana Gain on Hit jewels and use the ES as a buffer.
"
Terrornoid wrote:
I'm using EB and I recommend EB. You won't have ES with RF up anyways. Why force the build into Elreon gear?

Tried the Warlord's Mark (instead of LL) bit. It's nice, but I'd rather not sacrifice my End Charges on the relatively common Curse Immune (map) affix. Granted, Thornflesh is gone now and we don't have to worry about that combo.

HoI works. I have no problems maintaining charges throughout trash clear. If people prefer, they can use Poacher's instead for a damage increase. If you have a god tier 1 curse ammy, then you can use both.

Eh. I'll try Firestorm. Still not a fan of EE.

You're not really getting Endurance Charges from anything but WM without Voll's Devotion, and I'm really hoping the game doesn't mandate this high-cost unique for non-melee builds. So Curse Immune screws you regardless; I'd just reroll it at this point (I did so even in 1.3 because I liked AM too much, now it's actually needed for basic survival).

I'd sort of forgotten about RF chewing through non-EB ES. In large part because the damage is so spiky that I usually can't risk running it. You'd still be getting ES back from the the jewel, but it's definitely not clear how often you could expect to have 1 or more ES up when hits come in. Maybe I should find a way to test that.

I'm playing an Unwavering Stance build right now, as well, and stun immunity is undoubtedly awesome, but my main problem with it is that I have no chance to evade. It's really, really nice to just ignore 30% or more of incoming attacks, and to have a solid chance of stopping a crit by evading the confirmation. That's substantial damage mitigation, especially when you can't avoid getting swarmed and tons of attacks are incoming; which is really common against bowmen and leapers. You still have no choice but to run armor, endurance charges, chaos golem, AA, and every other straight mitigator you can cobble onto your character to survive whatever attacks get through, but god do I ever miss the evasion.
Terrornoid could you please post your current gear with gem setup?
Using Firestorm+Blind in the CoC links seems to be pretty funny, and potentially a good idea. Since the firestorm generates so many hits it actually inflicts quite a lot of blinds rather quickly. When it crits it will also rapidly generate a large number of flask charges (for surgeon's flasks) and power charges (if, by chance, you should try this out with discharge). Plus the hits from barrage and arc (the second spell I'm using) can also blind. Blinding enemies effectively ups your evasion chances by a significant margin. If you had a 30% chance to evade their attacks before blind, you'll be at a 65% chance to evade their attacks while their blind.

Important caveat: the blind does nothing for you if you've got unwavering stance, according to the wiki. Since I do, the only benefit I get is a golem that survives a lot longer (which is great when an annoying boss decides to go after him). And a lot of giggles at all the things being blinded by the flaming rocks in their faces.

Since I have unwavering stance and my firestorm gem is only level 14 (with no quality, even), I can't attest to how effective it will be in the long run. I've done level 8 master dailies without issue with it, at least.
Last edited by TimeDilation on Aug 1, 2015, 8:24:00 PM
is the original post still relevant?

It seems out-dated and I'd like to know how effective this build is now?

Is it Atziri viable? And if so at what char level do you think?

"
skymightfall wrote:
Terrornoid could you please post your current gear with gem setup?

yes pls, Im not even sure now how to color my chest now :/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info