One Week Rampage/Beyond

"
Fejwin wrote:
Are the prizes distributed to the winners by now? Is there a list of all those who won something?

Prizes on Monday
"
styyled wrote:

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Beyond mobs were rough until I self rolled some gear, then they were easy free lootbags including the bosses (depending on map mods in relation to my build).

Long story short, your build did not handle beyond mobs well and instead of modifying to handle whats being thrown at you, you raged and broke your keyboard.

It was nice to actually have some extra stuff to do while grinding through they acts for the 50th+ time.

Sorry your build sucked.

Yeah ok, guy in my guild, who finished in the top 100, was warning people about the mobs and didn't exactly heap praise upon them. In fact he cited them as a reason for not hitting the next level and said that playing in parties is the best way to deal with them. I surmise some people's opinion of them might be formed from playing with help or with builds better suited, if you're playing solo and you get a tough beyond mob on some builds, even good ones, you're in trouble. They are an issue for most players, and everyone knows that. Perhaps some of the masochistic people, or people who ended up getting some great gear did fine, but no one, not one person I talked to in parties or otherwise liked them. Usually they slowed things down to a grind, and at worse were one shotting people on merciless.

The main issue here is they are a mechanic that really would only appeal to more hardcore players, hence they have an overall negative impact. Even people who are praising the mobs know they darn well have to put a disclaimer like "until I spent a ton of time trading for better gear", or what ever. The main point being I saw an overwhelmingly negative reaction to them on merciless.
Last edited by KrAzY3 on Dec 6, 2014, 12:14:58 AM
"
KrAzY3 wrote:
"
styyled wrote:

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Beyond mobs were rough until I self rolled some gear, then they were easy free lootbags including the bosses (depending on map mods in relation to my build).

Long story short, your build did not handle beyond mobs well and instead of modifying to handle whats being thrown at you, you raged and broke your keyboard.

It was nice to actually have some extra stuff to do while grinding through they acts for the 50th+ time.

Sorry your build sucked.

Yeah ok, guy in my guild, who finished in the top 100, was warning people about the mobs and didn't exactly heap praise upon them. In fact he cited them as a reason for not hitting the next level and said that playing in parties is the best way to deal with them. I surmise some people's opinion of them might be formed from playing with help or with builds better suited, if you're playing solo and you get a tough beyond mob on some builds, even good ones, you're in trouble. They are an issue for most players, and everyone knows that. Perhaps some of the masochistic people, or people who ended up getting some great gear did fine, but no one, not one person I talked to in parties or otherwise liked them. Usually they slowed things down to a grind, and at worse were one shotting people on merciless.

The main issue here is they are a mechanic that really would only appeal to more hardcore players, hence they have an overall negative impact. Even people who are praising the mobs know they darn well have to put a disclaimer like "until I spent a ton of time trading for better gear", or what ever. The main point being I saw an overwhelmingly negative reaction to them on merciless.

I actually made my own build to test it's viability for next league. And ended up at level 86 mostly solo, played with a friend last level. And i'm still fairly new only been playing for about 3-4 months. And i could tell once you reach the higher levels they're a cakewalk most of the time. So they're free maps & loot. But in the start it was horrible i'd agree on that.

And i agree on the bolded part in your qoute. I'm one of those who likes it more hardcore, altho i wouldn't play HC beyond that would be too much for me to handle. :P

I do wish i had a map-party so i could try reach even higher levels, trying to compete versus streamer / partyplayers as solo is realy hard.

I do wish this league would have been 2 weeks though. Once the fun part started it was already over. :-/

Edit: Fun screenshot of my death counter:
Spoiler

Yes i died a shitton of times around 57-60 mark, due 1. bruteforcing piety 2. wasn't resist capped played with -18@all until i found some gear.
Last edited by _SleeZy_ on Dec 6, 2014, 4:59:03 AM

I mostly holded myself around #35-#60, at wednesday i gave up because i was bored and got ranked as #111.

I was in a guild full of racers and #8 Aoxxi :)

And yeah, everyone of us died so freaking much at lv 57-63 (before mapping, cause 4links and and and).

Race was very fun and now my total death are 102. was around 70 at lvl 65 :)

I had a lot of fun in the race, hope it will be in the next one too, saw alot of other funny builds :)
Last edited by _DavidAegis_ on Dec 6, 2014, 5:33:14 AM
Hi,

I enjoyed this race league, but I'd have to say I didn't enjoy the Beyond monsters. My build was solid, but I played mostly self-found and didn't have the time to find better gear or currency.

On top of that, I need to update my computer, because Rampage and Beyond together is like opening a lockbox next to a discharger... ;) It's really noticable how it lags when the Beyond monsters spawn- killed me once or twice. It made me play as little party-play as possible. If only I could turn of that rain... And please - Flicker-strike-Chaos-Dmg-Tempchains-Monster?! :O That is too much for me!

All in all, I enjoyed trading and "racing", although I'd say I picked the wrong build and should've partied and "farmed" more.

Ta!

Cheers
I only checked out Beyond in this race and yeah, my RNG really tends to suck in short-term events but personally, as far as risk/reward and the way of encounter goes, I liked Invasion a lot better. Still, it was a fun event and I probably would have continued if I hadn't hit a gear wall right when I reached my prize target level :-)
I definitely enjoyed the first 3 days more than the last 3, was 83 by day 4 and only gained 3 more levels til the end because there was nothing to do except mindlessly farm XP.
No notable rewards, not even achievements for going on so what's the point when you're clearly not in the running for top 5 - and even then.

I really wish there was some challenge other than just "gain as much XP as possible" - like beating Atziri, Abaxoth, certain difficult map mods/combinations of map mods.
A challenge that I feel could have been cool while being difficult but achievable: beat all beyond bosses in the same instance. Our group defintely managed to at least spawn them all in one map. Oh well.
Last edited by hscorpio on Dec 6, 2014, 9:52:30 AM
delete
Last edited by Wynrotar on Dec 6, 2014, 7:58:41 PM
"
caseCo wrote:
I really don't understand what exactly people are complaining about with beyond. Unhappy that the added challenge prevents them from just steamrolling through everything? The complaints all seem to be disguised versions of "Its too difficult, Stop making me pay attention."

The typical softcore league player, what did you expect?
I have no problem with being forced to pay attention.

I do have problems with being at frequent risk of dying in content I don't outlevel for the sake of some utter garbage drops.

The risk-reward ratio was way off, and there was no reason not to skip those minibosses whenever possible. The game rewards you for efficient leveling, not taking risks. This was schizo game design.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info