Vegetarianism

"
An easy meal or snack you can make is with soft tofu (if your not familiar with tofu it usually comes in firm medium and soft)

Put some soft tofu in a container and add some frozen berries, strawberries blackberries, cherries ect... I take that to work with me and later in the day when the berries have thawed and the juice mixes with the tofu. I mash up the tofu and stir it until it looks kind of like yogurt it's delicious.

Got a favorite fruit? You can eat a ton of it as a meal....I'm talking 8 mangos or 15 oranges. After a long workout I blend 6 frozen bananas mixed with fresh orange juice.

Also one thing that took me a while to figure out is that people don't need that much protien. If you ate nothing but fruit every day you'd get enough protien from the fruit assuming your not a body builder or some other type of athlete that needs huge muscle bro! To build large muscles you need a higher protien intake but to live a healthy life without lifting (like say your a runner or cyclist) fruits and veggies provide enough protien.

What you just described is what turns off most people on being a vegetarian, many dont want to eat tofu or prep it to eat it and neither do people want only fruits and salads.

So glad there are alternatives, otherwise it would be really hard. :/
"
Poutsos wrote:
Each to his own. I understand not eating meat for health issues. I do not understand the ethical part. In this world, almost everything we use, is being crafted in Asia by kids and adults who work 15 hours per day for a few cents, on the worst possible conditions. If was not spoiled, i would boycott these products, but i can't, i am too used on my confortable life. There are so many people that are being treated worse than animals, in order for us to enoy the luxuries of western civilization, and multinational corporations to get richer and richer.

K, but what does that have to do with anything? Why does kids working in garment factories in Asia mean that you should eat meat? I'm not trying to "convert" you or anything, but you gave a reasoning that doesn't seem very solid.

Also for the second time this thread: I live in Cambodia and have done for over a decade. Clearly the concept of giving up a few luxuries here and there isn't new to me.

"
I do not give a crap about killing pigs and cows that were specifically bred to be eaten.

How about if they weren't bred to be eaten? Would it make a difference? If so, why? Do you apply the same logic to gorillas and dogs and all other animals? If not, why not?

"

Yep, so glad that there are a bunch of alternatives that you're about to share.... thanks so much (in advance >.>) :D
"

What you just described is what turns off most people on being a vegetarian, many dont want to eat tofu or prep it to eat it and neither do people want only fruits and salads.

Im people and I like fruits and salads.

Personally I don't like all the fake vegetarian nuggets and cheeses but to each their own.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
"
"

Personally I don't like all the fake vegetarian nuggets and cheeses but to each their own.

I like the fruit that's available here, it's fresh and cheap and tastes good, but I OD'd on mangos once so I can't eat (or even smell) them anymore without feeling sick :(

I can deal with salad, all depends on the dressing. I never really thought of it as being an entire meal, but I guess I could. :D

I think pigs are my biggest problem, almost everything I like to eat is made out of them one way or another.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsdmqhn50uM
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Nov 25, 2014, 10:10:38 AM
"
"

Youre a person, not people. Unless lots of individual persons use your account and feel the exact same way about this as you do.

But yes, to each their own.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Poutsos wrote:
Each to his own. I understand not eating meat for health issues. I do not understand the ethical part. In this world, almost everything we use, is being crafted in Asia by kids and adults who work 15 hours per day for a few cents, on the worst possible conditions. If was not spoiled, i would boycott these products, but i can't, i am too used on my confortable life. There are so many people that are being treated worse than animals, in order for us to enoy the luxuries of western civilization, and multinational corporations to get richer and richer.

K, but what does that have to do with anything? Why does kids working in garment factories in Asia mean that you should eat meat? I'm not trying to "convert" you or anything, but you gave a reasoning that doesn't seem very solid.

Also for the second time this thread: I live in Cambodia and have done for over a decade. Clearly the concept of giving up a few luxuries here and there isn't new to me.

"
I do not give a crap about killing pigs and cows that were specifically bred to be eaten.

How about if they weren't bred to be eaten? Would it make a difference? If so, why? Do you apply the same logic to gorillas and dogs and all other animals? If not, why not?

"

Yep, so glad that there are a bunch of alternatives that you're about to share.... thanks so much (in advance >.>) :D

Hmm,k. I 've had many heated arguments with so called vegeterians, that have every single piece of shit Apple has ever launched, they wear lui viton bags and so on, you get the picture, but they looked at me like i was a subhuman cold blooded murderer for not supporting their ethical vegeterianism. To me looks hypocritical to take a stance over animals rights, while completely ignoring that the biggest percentage of human population lives under poverty, but they choose not to do anything about that. It is like priorizing animals over humans. Of course this does not mean that automaticly every vegeterian is not also concerned about other issues and not doing anything about it. I was talking mainly about the chick in the corner who is so concerned about the poor cow brutally murdered for my pleasure, while she does not seem to give a crap about eg.US slautering thousands for oil, or Apple forcing inhuman labour to indian workers, or medical companies using actual humans as lab rats.

Now that i am done with that, in my own personal opinion, it is OK to kill any animal for food, unless it is endangered. I view humans as carnivors. This is controversial but it is my opinion. I used to find it disgusting and unethical that people were eating dogs. I do not anymore. As long as it is not endangered anything goes for me. All i care is better living conditions for humans.

I always disliked the oversensitivity people seem to have about animals, and ignoring what is happening to actual humans. I still remember a viral youtube video, where a US marine threw a puppy dog off cliff in Iraq. The issue became huge and people were really i mean REALLY mad. Well news flash! You remember what other thing that guy did over there? THat is definetely far worse? Weak Up.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
Last edited by Poutsos on Nov 25, 2014, 10:32:52 AM
"
Poutsos wrote:
/snip

k, I get it, fair enough. A few points:

- I'm not one of those hippy people, nor will I ever be.
- I make no judgement on whether other people eat meat, I don't regard it as any of my business.
- This whole thing isn't about animals or animal rights. It's about trying to have a moral framework to live by, and living by it rather than convincing myself that things I like are fine simply because I like them. It's about my own personal exploration of moral objectivity. Incidentally, I didn't actually see you present an argument based on moral objectivity, and have yet to see one that concludes eating meat is a good thing.

Sam Harris has a very good way of describing how to work out whether something is good or bad: "The worst possible misery for everyone" is how he defines bad, with misery defined as being conscious suffering. You don't have to follow that basic principle very far to see how it would lead someone to be a vegetarian.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Nov 25, 2014, 10:49:52 AM
"
Poutsos wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Poutsos wrote:

"

"

Hmm,k. I 've had many heated arguments with so called vegeterians, that have every single piece of shit Apple has ever launched, they wear lui viton bags and so on, you get the picture, but they looked at me like i was a subhuman cold blooded murderer for not supporting their ethical vegeterianism. To me looks hypocritical to take a stance over animals rights, while completely ignoring that the biggest percentage of human population lives under poverty, but they choose not to do anything about that. It is like priorizing animals over humans. Of course this does not mean that automaticly every vegeterian is not also concerned about other issues and not doing anything about it. I was talking mainly about the chick in the corner who is so concerned about the poor cow brutally murdered for my pleasure, while she does not seem to give a crap about eg.US slautering thousands for oil, or Apple forcing inhuman labour to indian workers, or medical companies using actual humans as lab rats.

Now that i am done with that, in my own personal opinion, it is OK to kill any animal for food, unless it is endangered. I view humans as carnivors. This is controversial but it is my opinion. I used to find it disgusting and unethical that people were eating dogs. I do not anymore. As long as it is not endangered anything goes for me. All i care is better living conditions for humans.

I always disliked the oversensitivity people seem to have about animals, and ignoring what is happening to actual humans. I still remember a viral youtube video, where a US marine threw a puppy dog off cliff in Iraq. The issue became huge and people were really i mean REALLY mad. Well news flash! You remember what other thing that guy did over there? THat is definetely far worse? Weak Up.

This is about being a vegetarian, not about human rights. You must have the topic confused.

BTW, dogs are not endangered, why dont you eat them anymore? Saying humans are carnivores is wrong, theyre omnivores at best. Also, try hunting without man made weapons in the wild and see how much of a carnivore you really are, then you can talk about human eating behavior.

Any animal is only endangered because humans need more breeding ground and living space for themselves and what their cattle needs. Also, animals like cows are not endangered because humans use it as a food source, so dont drag your trollish opinion into this please, comes of as trolling for sure and totally delusional.

"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Poutsos wrote:
/snip

k, I get it, fair enough. A few points:

- I'm not one of those hippy people, nor will I ever be.
- I make no judgement on whether other people eat meat, I don't regard it as any of my business.
- This whole thing isn't about animals or animal rights. It's about trying to have a moral framework to live by, and living by it rather than convincing myself that things I like are fine simply because I like them. It's about my own personal exploration of moral objectivity. Incidentally, I didn't actually see you present an argument based on moral objectivity, and have yet to see one that concludes eating meat is a good thing.

Sam Harris has a very good way of describing how to work out whether something is good or bad: "The worst possible misery for everyone" is how he defines bad, with misery defined as being conscious suffering. You don't have to follow that basic principle very far to see how it would lead someone to be a vegetarian.

Fair enough. I personally do not consider easting meat neither a good or a bad thing. I consider it natural and that's it. If you consider it morally wrong to eat meat then fine. You are intelligent enough to understand tat my objections lie towards the trend, that seems to be overconsious about animal rights, more so than human rights, not vegeterianism itself. In most cases though vegeterianism do come hand in hand with the previous statement. I'm out BTW.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
Last edited by Poutsos on Nov 25, 2014, 11:22:00 AM
[removed by support]
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Nov 26, 2014, 7:01:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info