Vegetarianism

"
DalaiLama wrote:
As for humans being herbivores first. . . Take a look at a lion, wolf, and in the mirror. Now look at a cow, deer or in the mirror. Mammal predators tend to have binocular vision, while peripheal vision is more important for prey animals.

We don't have forward facing eyes so we can hunt down lettuce.

Why would you look at a lion or a wolf? Wouldn't it make more sense to look at apes? They have forward facing eyes yet most of them are herbivores, and the ones that are omnivores only generally eat meat if they find it already dead. They certainly aren't hunters.

And again, forget predators and prey for a second. The one thing that separates us from all the other predators and prey in this world is the ability to reflect on our behavior and ethics through rational discourse with one another. That's pretty special and it would be a shame not to use that ability. Like I said, just because we used to do something, doesn't mean we should keep doing it, especially if alternatives have developed in the meantime.
[self censored]

taking a break from the forum, mods are pathetic, a million other online places I'd rather be.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Nov 26, 2014, 7:10:36 AM
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
The one thing that separates us from all the other predators and prey in this world is the ability to reflect on our behavior and ethics through rational discourse with one another.

Maybe not.

"
Elephants are the only species of mammals other than Homo sapiens sapiens and Neanderthals known to have or have had any recognizable ritual around death. They show a keen interest in the bones of their own kind (even unrelated elephants that have died long ago). They are often seen gently investigating the bones with their trunks and feet while remaining very quiet. Sometimes elephants that are completely unrelated to the deceased still visit their graves

Quote is from wikipedia.

There absolutely no evidence to prove what you are saying since we cannot ask our fellow animals (predator or prey) in English.

And given all those animals saving humans., hmm.

I'd like to again press my point earlier:

"

Patriarch Age Bible Reference
1 Adam 930 Genesis 5:4
2 Seth 912 Genesis 5:8
3 Enosh 905 Genesis 5:11
4 Cainan 910 Genesis 5:14
5 Mahalalel 895 Genesis 5:17
6 Jared 962 Genesis 5:20
7 Enoch 365 (translated) Genesis 5:23
8 Methuselah 969 Genesis 5:27
9 Lamech 777 Genesis 5:31
10 Noah 950 Genesis 9:29
11 Shem 600 Genesis 11:10–11
12 Arphaxad 438 Genesis 11:12–13
13 Shelah 433 Genesis 11:14–15
14 Eber 464 Genesis 11:16–17
15 Peleg 239 Genesis 11:18–19
16 Reu 239 Genesis 11:20–21
17 Serug 230 Genesis 11:22–23
18 Nahor 148 Genesis 11:24–25
19 Terah 205 Genesis 11:32
20 Abraham 175 Genesis 25:7
source

As you can see, Noah, who was a Vegan, lived almost a thousand years.

However, there is a decline in lifespan. In our time, as you can see, it's rapidly declining, teenagers getting heart attacks, diabetes. Life expectancy now is what, 70? (at least here).

It's like me trying to prove that Global Warming/Climate Change is true (I'm from the Philippines btw).

I hope I made my point. If so, those Documentaries I've listed are there ready and have done all your homework.
PoE-TradeMacro - https://github.com/PoE-TradeMacro/POE-TradeMacro/
ExileTrade - http://exiletrade.github.io/
This thread is dead, now that the bible thumpers are here.
Spoiler
"
This thread is dead, now that the bible thumpers are here.

It's not dead, just needs some B-12 to get better. My comments on some of the dietary needs are not meant to disparage or discourage someone from vegetarianism. There are quite a few health benefits associated with the diet. Omnivores have specific dietary needs as well, but people generally learn those growing up. Additionally, vegetarianism encompasses vegan diets as well, which means ensuring other nutrients are present in food sources as well. There are plenty of resources for healthy vegan/vegetarian diets on the internet. A well selected diet is the foundation for good health.

I agree that vegetarianism is ethically sound and I am certainly not against it. If anything, I am antidisestablishvegetarianismist.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
I used to be vegetarian. Whenever I cook at home I still cook vegetarian food. There are some situations that make it harder. For example, eating at non-vegetarian homes. It's impossible to approach it without feeling rude. You either A) Bring your own food (Rude) - B)Don't eat their food (Rude) - C) Ask them to cook you something specific (Rude).

The things I found strange was the way your teeth feel when you haven't eaten meat for a while. They feel, restless? I'm not sure how else to describe that feeling. You just feel like you need to chew.

In terms of health, I felt great! Plenty of energy, I was hungry less often, and my skin looked amazing. I didn't feel like I was lacking anything for my health without meat. There was also a lot more delicious vegetarian food available than I thought. Almost any Mexican style dish can be made vegetarian and delicious.

The hardest part for me was trying to figure out what to have for lunch for work since there was no satisfying sandwiches anymore. Also, burgers. As far as I know, there is no such thing as a delicious vegetarian burger.

I would recommend trying it out and see what works for you. At the very least, you'll learn something about how your body works and what you need to run it, and you'll probably discover some new delicious recipes that you can add to your repertoire.
Last edited by Bex_GGG on Nov 26, 2014, 7:38:50 PM
I kinda remembered this too late...
but...
Monsta...
Spoiler
you can't fish vegetables!
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Nov 26, 2014, 9:44:01 PM
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Also, burgers. As far as I know, there is no such thing as a delicious vegetarian burger.

*Banana Blossom Patties. "Puso ng Saging" in Filipino, literally translated as "Heart of Banana".

Banana Blossom

My wife can easily make this. I suggest using Olive Oil. Fresh tomatoes and lettuce (y).

Edit:
A burger costs like 5 chaos, while this one, around a few alts :)
PoE-TradeMacro - https://github.com/PoE-TradeMacro/POE-TradeMacro/
ExileTrade - http://exiletrade.github.io/
Last edited by ManicCompression on Nov 27, 2014, 3:55:57 AM
"
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Also, burgers. As far as I know, there is no such thing as a delicious vegetarian burger.

*Banana Blossom Patties. "Puso ng Saging" in Filipino, literally translated as "Heart of Banana".

Banana Blossom

My wife can easily make this. I suggest using Olive Oil. Fresh tomatoes and lettuce (y).

Edit:
A burger costs like 5 chaos, while this one, around a few alts :)

Bex is wrong. What a day. :)

Also, love the prices in orbs.

Looks just like the veggie burgers i buy. So tasty, so yummy.
They look nice, sure. I'm not saying a vege-burger isn't capable of looking attractive. Although, if that patty has banana in it I'm going to make a wild guess and say that I wouldn't enjoy it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info