Still no balance a year later - with facts

the first level 100 in HC was a shadow... just sayin

people rarely go shadow in HC because the starting are is more DPS focused than most other classes
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Nov 23, 2014, 4:33:54 PM
Here's a fact: 0% of respondents have agreed with the hypothesis.

Inarguable ;)
"
mark1030 wrote:
How foolish of me to think you were looking at live characters in a hardcore ladder. Why would you include dead characters in a list that is supposed to show who achieved high level without dying?

If you want to choose facts out of context, then how about these facts:
There are 3 times as many dead Witches in the "top 40" than Shadows
There are 1.5 times as many dead Rangers in the "top 40" than Shadows
There are no dead Duelists or Scions in the "top 40"

Proof that Shadows are 300% better than Witches and 150% better than Rangers
Proof that Duelists and Scions are the best classes in hardcore because none died in the "top 40"

Does that fit your logic?

I have already explained that having 5 out of your top 6 characters in a top list being dead is an indication of poor performance. If you don't understand simple concepts like this then you need to stop posting. The data is there and it's not debatable. You taking the number of dead characters without including the totals indicates nothing at all, and it doesn't take anything away from the data I've listed showing a clear lack of balance in the game's classes. Literally the only thing you've done in this thread is spew nonsense.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Nov 23, 2014, 8:14:32 PM
"
davidnn5 wrote:
Here's a fact: 0% of respondents have agreed with the hypothesis.

Inarguable ;)

Would make sense if there was a hypothesis given here, instead there is only data/facts and a bunch of sheeple who want to for some reason argue with the facts. What is the hypothesis that I put forward? The numbers from March and the numbers today? Performance based on total class selection divided by top tier performance? These are not opinions or hypotheses, which is what makes it so fucking hilarious when an endless sea of peons comes in here acting like they know something else and then have nothing to show anyone other than their baseless opinions, which completely contradict the facts.

Frankly, it's no surprise to me that the forum is filled with illiterate delusional children, this was the case 8 months ago as well - make a post filled with facts, numbers, and data, and then watch as a wave of GGG fanboys come in here talking about how the facts don't actually matter because their opinions are all more important than reality. It's a fairly entertaining concept to watch. I've never encountered an entire populace who is so blind before.
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

Frankly, it's no surprise to me that the forum is filled with illiterate delusional children, this was the case 8 months ago as well - make a post filled with facts, numbers, and data, and then watch as a wave of GGG fanboys come in here talking about how the facts don't actually matter because their opinions are all more important than reality. It's a fairly entertaining concept to watch. I've never encountered an entire populace who is so blind before.

Yep, we're definitely the problem here. Definitely.

For future reference, maybe don't start your factual fact post of factiness with a full-blown axe-grinding hissyfit.

For factfulness.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Antnee wrote:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

Yep, we're definitely the problem here. Definitely.

For future reference, maybe don't start your factual fact post of factiness with a full-blown axe-grinding hissyfit.

For factfulness.

The facts are all there, there are three posts dating back in April and March and one count of the performance today, all showing the exact same thing: shadows consistently dying more than the other classes in the top levels of HC gameplay relative to their selection percentage.

There may be others performing poorly as well, but this is an inarguable fact and there are a bunch of people arguing with it. So yes, you are the problem. There's no two ways about it.
-----
Bug Fixes:
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Nov 23, 2014, 8:30:06 PM
Well, you've certainly convinced yourself. We're all very impressed. A+!
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Antnee wrote:
Well, you've certainly convinced yourself. We're all very impressed. A+!

Convincing is not needed; there is inarguable data and people who want to argue with it (yourself, others).
-----
Bug Fixes:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

The facts are all there, there are three posts dating back in April and March and one count of the performance today, all showing the exact same thing: shadows consistently dying more than the other classes in the top levels of HC gameplay relative to their selection percentage.

There may be others performing poorly as well, but this is an inarguable fact and there are a bunch of people arguing with it. So yes, you are the problem. There's no two ways about it.

Jeez, I'll bite.

You only provided some facts which you then bent to suit your opinions to turn your opinions into "facts".

Similar example, 95% of fridges in homes today are white or metal colored therefore all other colors are truly inferior in performance and need buffs. This is a fact and you can't argue with it.

When actually, the color really makes no difference in the performance, this is just how it happens to be due to what people like.

Same thing goes to your shadow underpresentation (which is still arguable) in ladder. People might not play shadow because they don't like his speech or Quasimodo posture, it's an aRPG after all.

Also, this attack of yours with the forum being filled with children is so full of irony it's unreal. When you say something and 99 of 100 people think otherwise, the fault is usually in you. You for one second couldn't even think of this possibility. Guess who have similar mindset? Yep, children do. Further evidence of actually you being a (mental) child are your horrible text formatting, giving out irrelevant information revolving around yourself and the martyrdom you give in the original post ( "I spoke the truth, GGG couldn't handle it. I had to quit." ).

Get a grip, bro.
"
Grughal wrote:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

Jeez, I'll bite.

You only provided some facts which you then bent to suit your opinions to turn your opinions into "facts".

Similar example, 95% of fridges in homes today are white or metal colored therefore all other colors are truly inferior in performance and need buffs. This is a fact and you can't argue with it.

When actually, the color really makes no difference in the performance, this is just how it happens to be due to what people like.

Same thing goes to your shadow underpresentation (which is still arguable) in ladder. People might not play shadow because they don't like his speech or Quasimodo posture, it's an aRPG after all.

Also, this attack of yours with the forum being filled with children is so full of irony it's unreal. When you say something and 99 of 100 people think otherwise, the fault is usually in you. You for one second couldn't even think of this possibility. Guess who have similar mindset? Yep, children do. Further evidence of actually you being a (mental) child are your horrible text formatting, giving out irrelevant information revolving around yourself and the martyrdom you give in the original post ( "I spoke the truth, GGG couldn't handle it. I had to quit." ).

Get a grip, bro.

Colors of refrigerators are not character classes in a videogame guy. Your analogy is so beyond pointless it's stupid.

What your analogy would equate to is if I had claimed MTX wings were better than MTX footprints, which never happened so you can get off your high horse with your nonsensical pseudologic.

There are no facts being "bent" for any purpose, I showed the total selection of classes, the performance in the top HC brackets being lower, the data being exactly the same on 3 separate occasions 8 months ago, and shadows having a ridiculous mortality rate at the top 60 (5 of 6 characters dead).

Moreoever, we have also seen that duelists account for 5% of class selection in beyond league and only have 2 dead characters in the top 100.

Show me again where these facts were "twisted" somehow? Since you apparently think they are. I could go on with rangers and other classes and find similar results skewing some classes way ahead of the curve (probably witches) and others way behind it (probably ranger) in HC performance, but I've shown enough data to demonstrate that you people are the ones who need to get a grip. To begin with, I'm not sure how anyone can even argue that this game doesn't have balance issues. It's hilarious.

As far as the other 99 people go... the numbers support me and don't support them. Welcome to the 99 being stupid.
-----
Bug Fixes:
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Nov 23, 2014, 8:51:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info