RT = Need a buff.

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:

I know a game that I play that has crit capped at 50%,
and it still annihilates players that do not go crit by a long shot.
I know this is another game, but not much will change.

The only options are remove crit, or keep it as it is.
I said this once before, and of course, this is a narrow-minded view,
but there is really no solution to reducing the disparity.
You would either have to delete all the VP gloves from the database,
and make reflect damage just more potent.
All that reflect damage nerf has only helped crit builds out even more.
VP gloves makes it even more godly.

GGG raised an abomination,
and it would take nuclear nerf across the board to dethrone the king.

Justice will be done sooner or later
Last edited by GodKas on Nov 2, 2014, 6:07:43 AM
If it wouldn't add another bunch of legacy items, I'd suggest turning "crit chance" and "crit multi" into prefixes.

One of the main reasons crit is so good is that there's no useful weapon suffix other than attack speed and crit stuff.
Sure, strength or resistances are possible alternatives, but... no, they are not.

If crit chance was a prefix, a crit user would at least lose the hybrid damage roll, with tier 1 affixes, this would lead to around "400 DpS, 10% crit" or "550 DpS, 7% crit".

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Add Global Stun chance to RT nod.

Like 25+% chance to stun + some stun duration?.

Like that all builds using RT (not only generic 2h but facebreakers or niches builds) can actually do something different in groups than just sitting behind all the spectral 5m k dps freeze/shock builds.

A big chance to stun would actually buff survivability of rt users and help in parties.

Crits can still 5 millions deeps and rt 2h/facebreakers/niche can actualy hammer down bosses.

Win-Win

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Nov 2, 2014, 7:23:49 AM
i would stick a node behind rt with

15% of physical damage added as extra fire damage
10% of physical damage taken as fire damage

heart of the ashes, done. 2 mini boosts, not much but just a little nudge.
With pvp season soon coming, I am sure that this is not the last time I'll hear of crit nerf or rt buff.
"
Xantaria wrote:
wrong. crit needs a nerf.

Yep
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
Yes, crit is imbalanced. It's not just crit though, it's all big numbers. PoE is really good at stacking numbers bigger and bigger and crit is just one of a handful of "multiply your damage by everything" modifiers.

I do think crit multi should be treated differently, but not because "omg crits OP." Just because I think it'd make the game more interesting. Each weapon should individually have it's own base crit multiplier, not everything is 150% base.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
CanHasPants wrote:
It's not just crit though, it's all big numbers. PoE is really good at stacking numbers bigger and bigger and crit is just one of a handful of "multiply your damage by everything" modifiers.

I challenge you to show one other factor in the game aside from crit that multiplies damage to an extent that bosses can be one-shotted. Crit is in fact 'omg op', otherwise the majority of players in end game wouldn't be playing as a crit based character.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
i would stick a node behind rt with

15% of physical damage added as extra fire damage
10% of physical damage taken as fire damage

heart of the ashes, done. 2 mini boosts, not much but just a little nudge.

I agree this would be fixable with sticking nodes behind RT (like CI has). I do however think it should be a bit more dps wise than what you proposed :)
"
JNF wrote:
"
CanHasPants wrote:
It's not just crit though, it's all big numbers. PoE is really good at stacking numbers bigger and bigger and crit is just one of a handful of "multiply your damage by everything" modifiers.

I challenge you to show one other factor in the game aside from crit that multiplies damage to an extent that bosses can be one-shotted. Crit is in fact 'omg op', otherwise the majority of players in end game wouldn't be playing as a crit based character.

I dunno at the moment, but I used to be able to annihilate boss's life with huge proliferating ignites. Point wasn't that crit is so OP something has to be done, it's that there's a lot of big number OP and the only thing that's been done is the target has moved. At some point there is little difference between 50k dps and 50000000000k dps. So it takes the latter less than a second, so what, when the former still only takes three?

It's been so long since there was any kind of balance that people are forgetting what the word even means. It matters literally nada if you wiped out crits completely, the next FOTM would still be OP only people wouldn't be like "QQ daggers" or whatever.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info