RT = Need a buff.

People who throw around general stands like 'buff x' and 'nerf x' are oversimplifying the complexity of this games balance by unfathomable amounts.

RT is in a good spot as it's great for non-crit builds; like dominating blow. It has it's niche uses. If you're going for a high damage build, then use crit.
"
DestroTheGod wrote:
If you're going for a high damage build, then use crit.

Problem is that Twohanded weapons except staves have FEW crit nodes
with 5% lowest crit base almost the half of dagger's
which semi-forces twohanded player to choose RT rather than crit

This causes dps gap between twohanded RT versus crit dagger
like 50k vs 500k to 3000k
Last edited by GodKas on Nov 2, 2014, 9:09:32 PM
^ is there a problem between 50k and 500k? Because 50k is still a huge fucking number! You only need like 5-10k to mud stomp most things.

Right now RT still serves a role.. It's a lot easier to just not miss and roll a mediocre 2H weapon. The problem only arises when you have enough time that a mediocre weapon is obsolete because there's just so many better 1Hers.

Doesn't mean a better balance couldn't be struck, just means your argument hold no water when the problem really lies in fucked up core mechanics. It's not crit is OP, it's the game favors aps and crit above all else and RT's role has been relegated to being a stopgap between being poor and doing it "right."

E: it's still one of the most well-designed nodes on the tree, we're just spoiled by "you can leech better-than-life at literally no cost" and such shit.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Nov 2, 2014, 1:20:05 AM
"
GodKas wrote:
"
DestroTheGod wrote:

Problem is that Twohanded weapons except staffs have FEW crit nodes
with 5% lowest crit base almost the half of dagger's

Increasing your numbers for effect I see...

Lol
"
CanHasPants wrote:
^ is there a problem between 50k and 500k? Because 50k is still a huge fucking number!

its not 50k vs 500k
its 50k vs 500k to 3000k

and 50k is NOT FUCKIN number for end-content
think of uber atzir
you CAN NOT try her by ANY twohanded RT builds
K.

But you can kill most things reasonably well with 5k.

Again, spoiled by the powerz creepin' for a long time. It seems normal now. We even have content to support that.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
GodKas wrote:
"
DestroTheGod wrote:

Problem is that Twohanded weapons except staffs have FEW crit nodes
with 5% lowest crit base unlike crit dagger

You say 'problem' but how is that a problem? Isn't that the whole point of RT? To help non-crit builds? You're semi-forced into it because it's good for helping most non-crit 2-handed builds, exactly as it was designed... Sooo.... where is the problem?

Like again, if you want to do a non-crit build, then use RT. It's great for dom blow builds, stun builds, leveling, and more. I know the circlejerk train is that 2-handed sucks but 2-handed has a shitload of benefits:

A.) Placed with all the life/armor stuff on the lower half of tree.
B.) RT 2-handed = cheap, 1 piece of gear (no shield) that can only roll damage mods (dagger/staff = spell + physical). And let's not even get started with comparing Acuity+Shavs+rest of gear costs for crit builds vs. non-crit...
C.) You get a 2nd 6-link.

So yeah, I mean, you can wind up with a stronger overall build but at what cost? And how much benefit are you really getting vs. non-crit? Everything is gonna die fast as fuck whether you do 50k dps or 500k. I mean, didn't Anuhart just hit self-found level 100 with 2-handed sword and 0 deaths? While 2H RT might not be the 'best', I can't call it bad at all.

The other big thing is when you point out only RT vs. non-RT, you're oversimplifying and neglecting spells entirely. If crit gets nerfed you're going to be fucking up spell balance entirely. Incinerate would have to get nerfed for starters and how would you even rebalance that shit? I have no idea. There is already a pretty fine line between getting more defense and getting more damage (flat + crit) and rebalancing that sounds like a nightmare.

Spoiler
I do think 1H + shield has shittastic dps with RT to the point where it wouldn't hurt for RT to give some 1H love, but really aside from that it's fine.
Poe balance has been fucked up long enough thanks to mindlessly broken crit mechanism
and discrepancy of power between 1h especially dagger crit and 2h RT
dagger crit is OP both in attack and defense as we already know
twohanded RT, on the other hand, is the worst style in every aspects

1. attack
I wont elaborate OP of dagger crit
Twohanded RT dps is just pathetic compared to 1h especially dagger crit

Solution
buff RT MORE physical damage from 1% to 100% based on character level
or cap the crit to 50% chance and 200%-500% multiplier with diminishing effect

2. defense
one handed shied or even duel wields have OP Block maxed to 75% melee and spell blocks
you can even make a build to afk and survive against UBER atzir by maximizing spell blocks
twohanded? nothing
you will die in 10 sec if you trying afk against simple and merciful dominus

Solution
give twohanded RT exclusive DODGE or block nodes directly under RT
or cap the absorbing damage of block from 100% to 50%-75%.
blocking is not mythical absorption. Its not dodge
"
I think they should buff crit on daggers.

Your move, Godkas

INDEED dagger crit or gtfo
They should've given weapons and spells a base crit multiplier the same way that they have a base crit chance. This way they could balance individual weapon types and spells, and just piss off a handful of people rather than the entire playerbase in one shot.

Instead, we're stuck with this mess of crit multi being enormously out of hand and no way to deal with it without making people cry the Nile.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info