RT = Need a buff.

In most cases only a few like you care hence they haven't changed it because there's nothing wrong with it.
I love teddy bears.
"
Stygian_Doll wrote:
In most cases only a few like you care hence they haven't changed it because there's nothing wrong with it.

lol I am amused
"
GodKas wrote:
"
Stygian_Doll wrote:

lol I am amused

Why do you think nothing's being done because they think it's fine and your the minority thus they don't really care.

I love teddy bears.
"
Xantaria wrote:
wrong. crit needs a nerf.

This

Critical Multiplier shouldn't be a stackable stat at all in the game.

There should instead be a keystone that gives "50 crit multiplier, 25% LESS health/ES" which appears on the skill tree and uniques like Abyssus (and remove the penalty on abyssus since the keystone already has a drawback)
We shall see. I've noticed they nerf when things are getting too popular not necessarily OP. I mean look at arc...it was pathetic before the patch and still got nerfed cos too many playing it. Game is now crit or go home so I certainly expect a nerf.

Oh yeah and SRS...the only non crit build that does over 1M DPS...but I think it's boring enough they may leave it lol.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Nov 2, 2014, 5:08:06 AM
You know putting a cap on crit or "nerfing" crit makes it still better the noncrit?

That's because crit is supposed to do alot more damage then noncrit but more squishy. Critical is just another damage multiplier, because this game doesn't have crushing blow or variety of other attack modifiers there is few ways to scale damage.

There is no way shape or form to make "critials similar to noncrit" because there would be 0 point in going crit and everyone would go back to RT with all armor or something similar.

Let's assume I'm all tier 1 ballar gear, what would be the point of RT? I don't need the accuracy and I have extra affix after getting in my normal tanky/damage affixes? Why wouldn't I throw in crit to scale my damage even further? We'll have builds like elemental buzzsaw, summoners, noncrit casters but everyone screams that that's op and we nerf them.

Pick a comfortable power level guys.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Nov 2, 2014, 5:17:03 AM
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Wrong crit need a huge nerf bat. 50% CC 500% CD should be max. OMG Shatter Chuck would only do 1 million DPS then....the horror.

Crit will still be very powerful if it is capped at that point. While it reduces the disparity, the disparity will still be at large.

Crit is called the king of stats for a reason.

Indeed Crit is the omnipotent of poe
"
GodKas wrote:
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Wrong crit need a huge nerf bat. 50% CC 500% CD should be max. OMG Shatter Chuck would only do 1 million DPS then....the horror.

Crit will still be very powerful if it is capped at that point. While it reduces the disparity, the disparity will still be at large.

Crit is called the king of stats for a reason.

Indeed Crit is the omnipotent of poe

You guys are missing fact so many things depends on 80+% CC to even work well. Flasks up 100% of the time on crit, one shotting bosses before they can get started because of high CC. Gloves working because almost every hit crits. Staus effects all the time because of crit. Changing to 50% cap would be HUGE. The force divider would curry defenses more now lessening DPS even further. It would be par I think.

okay crit would still pwn but not be - crit or go home like it is now.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Nov 2, 2014, 5:39:26 AM
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
You know putting a cap on crit or "nerfing" crit makes it still better the noncrit?

That's because crit is supposed to do alot more damage then noncrit but more squishy. Critical is just another damage multiplier, because this game doesn't have crushing blow or variety of other attack modifiers there is few ways to scale damage.

There is no way shape or form to make "critials similar to noncrit" because there would be 0 point in going crit and everyone would go back to RT with all armor or something similar.

Let's assume I'm all tier 1 ballar gear, what would be the point of RT? I don't need the accuracy and I have extra affix after getting in my normal tanky/damage affixes? Why wouldn't I throw in crit to scale my damage even further? We'll have builds like elemental buzzsaw, summoners, noncrit casters but everyone screams that that's op and we nerf them.

Pick a comfortable power level guys.

How is crit more squisy? Just the opposite. I see the videos with AHK scripts where 5 flasks are cued up all the time - crit, fire, ice, lighting, granite. Not only that you dont need DPS nodes so besides crit most invest in aura buffs/inner force to bring them around 92-101% all resistance under flasks. e.g. almost immune to damage that matter. Also this investment helps the DPS auras so crit users get back all DPS lost not investing on dam modifiers.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Nov 2, 2014, 5:54:09 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
You guys are missing fact so many things depends on 80+% CC to even work well. Flasks up 100% of the time on crit, one shotting bosses before they can get started because of high CC. Gloves working because almost every hit crits. Staus effects all the time because of crit. Changing to 50% cap would be HUGE. The force divider would curry defenses more now lessening DPS even further. It would be par I think.

okay crit would still pwn but not be - crit or go home like it is now.

You are not taking into consideration that attack speed/cast speed indirectly increases your crit chance. The faster you perform an action, the more likely you will crit more versus one that lacks the speed.

One of my builds that uses crit only has like 50% chance to crit, but because I have a very high cast speed, the 50% chance feels like 70-80%.

I know a game that I play that has crit capped at 50%, and it still annihilates players that do not go crit by a long shot. I know this is another game, but not much will change.

The only options are remove crit, or keep it as it is. I said this once before, and of course, this is a narrow-minded view, but there is really no solution to reducing the disparity. You would either have to delete all the VP gloves from the database, and make reflect damage just more potent. All that reflect damage nerf has only helped crit builds out even more. VP gloves makes it even more godly. GGG raised an abomination, and it would take nuclear nerf across the board to dethrone the king.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Nov 2, 2014, 5:53:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info