Translation Preview (FR, DE, PT)

"
koszmarnica wrote:
GGG please don't translate this game don't yield to the crowd, one language is enough, or introduce Wraeclast language for more difficulty !!!

Stop spamming this. There are people that have difficulty with learning and they cant learn a new language easily or at all. Its already in the table, it will be done.
"
Samkiud wrote:
"
kiernoz wrote:
do you really find this more important then in-game content?

Let me explain it to you:

1. A translated game attract more players (non-English speakers) to the game.
2. These new players support GGG with the budget for the development of the game.
3. With a bigger budget they will be able to develop and improve the in-game content.

A translated game = Profit.

You bad interpret this mechanism, then answer why OPEC coordinate and unify the petroleum policies ? Why don't release more petro people will buy it more, will buy more cars etc ? Why banks don't print more money for people ? if people will have more money they will buy more things and manufacturers will earn more money ?
Your analysis is a short-time and bad. You can make profit only on valuable things and things can be made valuable or not.
PoE is so unique and better from many other games because of its unique mechanism and high very innovative complexity and rules, if it will be simplified because hordes of kids that want, it will become another weak game which there are many.
🌞 Designer of SimpleFilter see My Item Filters 🌞
Last edited by koszmarnica on Jan 5, 2015, 5:47:46 PM
"
koszmarnica wrote:
GGG please don't translate this game don't yield to the crowd, one language is enough, or introduce Wraeclast language for more difficulty !!!

Are you all there?
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Im so disappointed that you are translating the game to brazilian portuguese (no offence guys) and not to one of the most spoken languange... spanish... so sad :(
"
koszmarnica wrote:

You bad interpret this mechanism, then answer why OPEC coordinate and unify the petroleum policies ? Why don't release more petro people will buy it more, will buy more cars etc ? Why banks don't print more money for people ? if people will have more money they will buy more things and manufacturers will earn more money ?
Your analysis is a short-time and bad. You can make profit only on valuable things and things can be made valuable or not.
PoE is so unique and better from many other games because of its unique mechanism and high very innovative complexity and rules, if it will be simplified because hordes of kids that want, it will become another weak game which there are many.

I see that you want to improve your English by playing PoE. Very commendable. I used Diablo I back in the days and Pratchett's books.
Your analogies are wrong, however. OPEC producing more oil would lead to more oil on the market, which would then cause the price to drop (happening at the moment). If moneys print more money that does not mean that this money would reach the population, since wages wouldn't automatically rise.
On the other hand, if you enable more people to buy oil by not making it difficult for them (because, for example, you wouldn't need to read and sign the buying contracts in Arabian, but can choose from a variety of languages) you can sell more MTX, sorry, oil.
As to the hordes of kids... we already have hordes of English speaking kids, of which there are many. Do you really think it would be so different when we now also get German kids, Brazilian kids and French kids? Moreover, I know so many people, even with a higher education (i.e. not kids), who really suck at English, that I imagine not only kids would come to PoE were a German version available.

Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Rhys wrote:
Tarkleigh hat einen verwundeten Bestel aus den Wellen gerettet. Ein Sklave des Schicksals. Aus gesunkener Crew und zerborstener Rinde geht Bestel als Überlebender hervor Dank Tark...leigh

I just couldn't help and quickly translated the poem myself, to sound more... erm, poetic:

Aus des Meeres nasser Klammer
zog Tarkleigh Bestel, was ein Jammer!
Das Schiff auf Grund, die Crew im Sarg,
doch Bestel lebt - Dank sei Dir, Tark...leigh.
A sword he brought, his foes to maim and rend,
from places dark behind forbidden doors,
But night by night he woke with frighten'd roars
from darkest dreams, too strange to comprehend.
(Anonymous)
Last edited by Thyrandor on Jan 6, 2015, 8:39:33 AM
"
Thyrandor wrote:
"
Rhys wrote:
Tarkleigh hat einen verwundeten Bestel aus den Wellen gerettet. Ein Sklave des Schicksals. Aus gesunkener Crew und zerborstener Rinde geht Bestel als Überlebender hervor Dank Tark...leigh

I just couldn't help and quickly translated the poem myself, to sound more... erm, poetic:

See, thats why translations are so hard to do, often it just doesnt sound right. Considering that its a poem, the latter works way better than the former.

PS: Why are we still posting in a necro thread?
"
"
Thyrandor wrote:
"
Rhys wrote:

See, thats why translations are so hard to do, often it just doesnt sound right. Considering that its a poem, the latter works way better than the former.

PS: Why are we still posting in a necro thread?

Hard? In my opinion, it just takes a native speaker and some imagination.

Of course, google translate is easier and cheaper.
If you ask a stupid question, expect stupid answers.
If you post a troll thread, expect troll replies.
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
I see that you want to improve your English by playing PoE. Very commendable. I used Diablo I back in the days and Pratchett's books...
As to the hordes of kids... we already have hordes of English speaking kids, of which there are many. Do you really think it would be so different when we now also get German kids, Brazilian kids and French kids? Moreover, I know so many people, even with a higher education (i.e. not kids), who really suck at English, that I imagine not only kids would come to PoE were a German version available.

Thx for reply ! I'm still do not agree for translating PoE to others language.
And not because i want improve my English, although i don't know it well maybe or even good, i think about value this game can drop, I think rather on maintaining value of game and watch with concern at the new upgrades. I'm not convinced to Hideouts where we can in simple way upgrade items i think it will cause drop of value of unique and rare items, armours, etc. I think that there should be possibility to modification mods by 0,01 or 0,005% by doing this mission it could be harder and more equal to the realities of Wraeclast but I'm not convinced to this idea completely. I think introducing PvP was also bad, I think it becomes mindless clicking has nothing with real skilling in game, kids will share with knowledge about what items are the best etc, I think that PvP should be permadeath, or in game introduce possibility to kill other players in example kicked or left by self from party,or by join to used instance and there should be level restriction. Such improvements more consolidate players in game and would require more attention in what they doing in game. I'm afraid that GGG is going to commonly simplification direction which is not good and can lead to nowhere.
/To next/
🌞 Designer of SimpleFilter see My Item Filters 🌞
Last edited by koszmarnica on Jan 6, 2015, 9:49:51 AM
Are there any news about German localization progress? :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info