Translation Preview (FR, DE, PT)

As a native german speaker, i'd strongly suggest to let some native germans re-write pretty much everything and only carry over the meaning. There simply is no "good" way to translate anything into another language phrase-by-phrase or, even worse, word-by-word. Best case scenario it'll sound weird, worst case it'll sound either funny or obnoxious.

Don't get me wrong, your translators still did a good job for the most part. It's just much easier for them when they have more creative freedom and don't have to carry over everything one by one. Yes, certain dialogues may be altered greatly, but this will benefit the result immensly.
Last edited by ahcos on Nov 26, 2014, 9:32:51 PM
Short and simple: Don't use "Elixanten" as the word for exiles. It's not a thing (althought you may pass it as correct, I've never in my life read or heard that term). Use "Verbannte", which most directly translates to banished people.

The exiles eat: Die Verbannten essen
The exile eats: Der Verbannte isst
Hello, Exile: Hallo, Verbannter

This may sound picky from me, but it's actually an important point, imo, because the word occurs a lot in the game and "Exilanten" seems very unauthentic.

You can still use "Exil" as the general word for "exile". (The "I've been thrown into exile"-exile :D)
Last edited by ardotschgi on Nov 27, 2014, 4:47:41 PM
I would help with the Spanish translation.
GGG please don't translate this game don't yield to the crowd, one language is enough, or introduce Wraeclast language for more difficulty !!!
🌞 Designer of SimpleFilter see My Item Filters 🌞
Why not? You can still play in English, if you like. Did it with the Diablos, whose German version I just couldn't stand.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
do you really find this more important then in-game content?
Hard to determine. I know a bunch of people who didn't play Diablo I in the day, because it was only available in English.
So estimating that there will be an influx of new players once a translation is available, this might in the end lead to more $$$ for GGG, so they can make more and better content.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Because translation is significant simplification that I do not want !
🌞 Designer of SimpleFilter see My Item Filters 🌞
So play the English version. I will, too.
Not that playing a German PoE would be a simplification for me. Given that translators aren't perfect, more likely the opposite.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Lol what a necro.^^

But it seems that the german version might be too literal, generally translations get the point across without making it awkward and reading that german nessa introduction made me want to vomit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info