6-link has become the norm, 8-link is the new end-game.

6 link is the old 4 link for people that don't know yet . Meaning if you don't have 6 link , you better hide somewhere .
R.I.P 4.B.
Im pretty sure GGG will make CoH useless with HoT, like HoI

Just my 2 transmutation shards
Last edited by sanleon on Oct 29, 2014, 8:02:31 PM
"
Boem wrote:
So now that everybody can have a 4-link become a 6-link and ultimately a 6-link becomes an 8-link i am wondering how this will effect balance and difficulty progression.

Any thought's about this power-creep with the recent patch?

Peace,

-Boem-

(i am speaking about hoT + CoH + dual curse obviously for those unaware which effectively gives a 6-link at lvl 40 to most builds)

Ive been wondering about this power creep too. I imagine its only going to get worse. If the community was lucky, it would devalue 6links, but with the general greed of trade, I doubt it. Itll just make builds become more expensive to optimize.
HAIL SATAN!
"
Boem wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
edit :

CoH = curse on hit wlfbck

Page 2 sir.

Peace,

-Boem-

Whoops, thanks^^ Was searching for a quote of me (or is it mine?).
"
sanleon wrote:
Im pretty sure GGG will make CoH useless with HoT, like HoI

I swore that somewhere a dev said they wanted to make HoI work with CoH, but the mechanics need to be tweaked before they can do it.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
OP? Certainly not.

Sure it's good but to curse whole groups consistently before the hit takes place there are other options that do a better job for many builds.

Instead of being happy that HoT allows many different things you immediately cry OPOPOP. Do you think the game is better off without it?
"
Sa_Re wrote:
OP? Certainly not.

Sure it's good but to curse whole groups consistently before the hit takes place there are other options that do a better job for many builds.

Instead of being happy that HoT allows many different things you immediately cry OPOPOP. Do you think the game is better off without it?

its not even close to op..first you have to bbasically give up a 4l set up to do it. second its slow to curse things. does on a interval and may not curse boss but some trash. third its not aoe like a normal curse is or a real coh setup like ball lighting gmp which blankets whole screen.

i ttried it was not impressed.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Oct 30, 2014, 8:09:00 AM
"
Boem wrote:
So now that everybody can have a 4-link become a 6-link and ultimately a 6-link becomes an 8-link i am wondering how this will effect balance and difficulty progression.

Any thought's about this power-creep with the recent patch?

Peace,

-Boem-

(i am speaking about hoT + CoH + dual curse obviously for those unaware which effectively gives a 6-link at lvl 40 to most builds)

"
Sa_Re wrote:
OP? Certainly not.

If you can't read, don't bother responding.

Thank you.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
This is such a silly thread. A conditional aura that curses monsters around you doesnt suddenly make your main attack two links bigger. If we calculated it like that, every aura would. (oh hey, im using hatred, so i have a 9 link, right? why only two links more anyhow, curse on hit +curse +curse are +3)

Hell, CWDT would make you suddenly use a 15 link, with your silly standards.

At any rate, the mechanic on CoH HoS is neat but this thread is hyperbole trash and needs to die in a fire.

And the only characters this works on at 40 are arc characters. They usually just use a second arc to curse. (melees dont have anywhere near enough crit at that stage, casters dont either but arcs built in shock helps)

so basically , we need a redesign of crit ?

there is a whole sub meta game about making broken as shit builds on less than 5l

and almost all of them are a combination of

Cast when X gems
RF
and crit.... lots and lots of crit.

Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Oct 30, 2014, 9:31:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info