6-link has become the norm, 8-link is the new end-game.

To be fair, a 6-link really isn't even worth that much in comparison to the price of end game items. There isn't much challenge in getting a 6-link. I do think a 7-link with around ~100 exalt in fus value would be pretty good.
Tell that to ppl wich spend 7k fusing for make a 6l l
Add more socket would be retard They need to rébalance all the game if They do that
Last edited by Dazoul on Oct 29, 2014, 12:05:07 PM
"
VictorDoom wrote:
some peopel are just unlucky dude, i linked my first 6l after 2 years of playing... in 4 fusings lol

2 years =/= 2 years playtime. if you got your first 6L after 2 years you were most likely playing rather casually.

The case of the guy above tho with 5000 hours real playtime and no 6L is just ... wat.
"
Boem wrote:

(i am speaking about hoT + CoH + dual curse obviously for those unaware which effectively gives a 6-link at lvl 40 to most builds)

I think you mean builds that kill the enemies with a shock =/= most.

Peace,

-Papercut-
can someone explain how this works? do the curses get triggered only when HoT launches that lightning bolt or does it work with the lightning damage added onto your mains skill? also, do you need a +1 curse item/keystone for it to apply two curses at once?
ign: PhrozenFlame
2 years playing PoE ( with huge breaks ) about 600 - 700 hours and had two 6 links. However, hundreds of hours in Civilization 5 didnt yield me any 6L yet. Neither League of legends in 4 years.
But I agree that 6L is, was and always will be the standard ( normal ). With anything less you cant enjoy what the game offers and your build usually sux.
Last edited by MegaTen_IV on Oct 29, 2014, 12:19:38 PM
"
cocomoloco wrote:
can someone explain how this works? do the curses get triggered only when HoT launches that lightning bolt or does it work with the lightning damage added onto your mains skill? also, do you need a +1 curse item/keystone for it to apply two curses at once?

Yes, it only works for the lightning bolts.
Yes, you can't double curse without double curses.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
cocomoloco wrote:

Only the bolt after killing shocked applies curse. U need +1 curse something.

If u have slots and can skip reduced mana on HoT, sure it's great. But i really only need curses for bosses and for them it's easier to cast a spell with curse on hit or just those 2 curses.
Last edited by 1337fun on Oct 29, 2014, 12:23:03 PM
"
Boem wrote:

(i am speaking about hoT + CoH + dual curse obviously for those unaware which effectively gives a 6-link at lvl 40 to most builds)

hot = herald of thunder?
coh = chains of honor, which is d2? :P
"
I think you mean builds that kill the enemies with a shock =/= most.

Peace,

-Papercut-

Most builds are crit oriented in the current meta, so putting in HoT + CoH effectively gives you +2 gem slots in your link set-up if you have +1 curse from any source.

Which considering the benefit one gains from doing so is a minimal investment at best.

Also nice derail xantaria.

I am at 7x 6-link in this league so i am not sure if your referring to me or the other poster, either way it's a derail and off-topic.

So in both cases, persist and be reported, doesn't trouble me much.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit :

CoH = curse on hit wlfbck

edit2:

"
Lightshard wrote:
6-Link isnt the Norm.

Never got one besides Tabu Rasa and i have 5k+ Hours Playtime in total.

Ppl just see Streamers with all 6l stuff and forget thats its easier for them to obtain one.

A Decent Build can run Maps with just 4-5L

Everything else is not needed to see everything, besides Atziri maybe. But i guess even this can be done with 4-5L.

My 2 Alts

Light

I think you missed the point in my OP, every 4-link in a crit set-up (= most atm since it's the meta) effectively got a free 6-link with dual cursing HoT. It's not about being necessary or anything like that, it's just plain logic.

I never said anything about it being a requirement. The only thing i observe is that a 6-link is very easily attained atm and the new end-game is placed in 8-link set-ups.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Oct 29, 2014, 12:30:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info