6-link has become the norm, 8-link is the new end-game.

"
Cataca wrote:
A conditional aura that curses monsters around you doesnt suddenly make your main attack two links bigger.

It kinda does.
Elemental weakness or conductivity/flamability/frostbite = additional lightning/fire/cold pen gem.
Warlord's mark = life leech and mana leech gem
Assasin's mark = power charge on crit + bonus damage
projectile weakness = physical projectile attack damage

However it's really not that big of a deal.
If you were smart before herald of thunder, you would already be using curses.
Only trick was to find an efficient way to do it without loosing much time with your real attack.
For my ranger it was split chain coh, fast attack speed, not much lost.
For my summoner it was... well anything would work as you don't have anything else than running around to do.

Now cursing is automatic. Just quality of life improvement... Not really awful power creep.

Got some drawbacks too, doesn't start right away, can't get it for very long on bosses, mana reservaton. Not huge but still.
"
Boem wrote:
If you can't read, don't bother responding.

Thank you.

Peace,

-Boem-

My "OP" comment comes from

"
Boem wrote:
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
Is the implication that people were using CoH on their main skill? Because they weren't... Nor does everyone use HoT or double curse to begin with.

Your premise for this thread is just bizarre.

My premise is that everybody with half a brain and understanding of the game mechanics will run this.

which clearly couldn't mean anything else if true.

For leveling:
- Using HoT without reduced mana is not trivial. Hard to stack with other auras (e.g. Hatred for phys attackers) with lowlevel red mana gem and little reserve nodes.
- Leveling builds likely have low critchance which reduces its use to a few builds
- It's useless with many good leveling skills such as Flameblast, fire trap, searing bond, ...

For endgame:
- does too little too inconsistent for too much investment for many builds
- very good for some builds
- I fail your half brain test: My 3 active Rampage chars don't use it: Flameblaster, zombie/spectre summoner, lightning tendrils. The last one uses HoT but the 3 curses are linked to cwdt.
^Nice context yo, enjoy that full circle you got going.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Anyone else find Boem very arrogant, annoying and borderline childish?

gotohell,

Krayken
btw, I find it strange, how those heralds work. Kind of an aura but you can link supports...

Anyway, did anybody in this thread mention, why we could *double*curse?
AFAIK, we need that passive or some special unique item, otherwise we can only overwrite with as many curses as we'd like to...
Dynamit,
Architekturkritik, die man tatsächlich sieht!

Farin Urlaub
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nz5q9
"
Krayken wrote:

gotohell,

Krayken

Power creep has become the norm, Boem is the new Scrotie.
Last edited by RogueMage on Oct 30, 2014, 1:15:20 PM
Boem, I honestly don't know what you are talking about.
I never, ever created a 6-link with Fusings, and I never had the Vorici price of Fusings in my stash at any one point in time.

have three 6-links. all dropped very recently. RNG must have gone soft after raping me for the past ~2 years. 2 crappy rare ones. one Tabula Rasa.
had trouble finding gem combinations for them, because I didn't even know what to do with so many links.

6-link is the absolute best I ever got, and certainly not "the norm". heck no.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
johnKeys wrote:
Boem, I honestly don't know what you are talking about.
I never, ever created a 6-link with Fusings, and I never had the Vorici price of Fusings in my stash at any one point in time.

have three 6-links. all dropped very recently. RNG must have gone soft after raping me for the past ~2 years. 2 crappy rare ones. one Tabula Rasa.
had trouble finding gem combinations for them, because I didn't even know what to do with so many links.

6-link is the absolute best I ever got, and certainly not "the norm". heck no.

Well it's quite simple, imagine a new league starting, people need the most out of there very first character.

So the options are easy atm, go crit, link a herald of thunder, get the +1 curse node or an item and link herald of thunder with curse on hit and warlords mark + assasins mark.

Now any 4-link set-up you have becomes an automated 6-link.

It's actually better then a 6-link if you break up the curses attributes, but you should get the idea.

Obviously self-casting also works, but HoT allows full automation on this part, so it actually plays like a 6-link set-up.

Peace,

-Boem-

"
Krayken wrote:

gotohell,

Krayken

coming from you, i am not the least bit offended by that statement. You made it quite apparent in your most recent threads that you are unwilling to learn and dismiss help from people providing it.

tl;dr couldn't care less
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Boem just needs a hug.

Id be willing to give him one.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
i think he is going for a persona, dont read to much into it or you will end up upset for no real reason.

i tend to gloss over the beginning and end of his posts any way since the relevant stuff seems to be in the middle.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Oct 30, 2014, 2:00:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info