6-link has become the norm, 8-link is the new end-game.

"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
Is the implication that people were using CoH on their main skill? Because they weren't... Nor does everyone use HoT or double curse to begin with.

Your premise for this thread is just bizarre.

My premise is that everybody with half a brain and understanding of the game mechanics will run this.

Also coh on main skill, wot mate?

"
Krayken wrote:
25% reserved mana is huge. Not to mention you also need to invest a gear slot oor multiple passives for the dual curse. It's balanced imo. Why are you complaining.

Also you need to actually SHOCK your target in order for the curses to apply. Some bosses are damn hard to shock (remember a shock duration under 250ms doesn't apply shock). An arc dual curse setup is much more reliable when it comes to actually apply the curses on targets that actually needs the curses applied to.

Tha fuck did i just read. I am guessing you won't be running this set-up and remain oblivious. Hardly an issue for anybody but you.

1) 25% mana reserve to make a 4-link become a 6-link is "huge", you wot mate?
2) you need to shock bosses for HoT to apply curses, wot?
3) you can invest passive points that are 100% non RNG dependent to create a 6-link from a 4-link, yeah for sure, nobody is gonna do that, what are they thinking. It's not like a 6-link compared to a 4-link doubles your dps output and as thus increases both offense and defense.

i don't even... '-.-

Also i am not "complaining", do you read a complaint in my OP or post's? I am stating a fact, 6-link was never as easy since HoT double curses implementation given the crit based meta.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Wow.

Does that mean using a CWDT makes you a 11 links user ?
Or even 14 links if you use two ?

This makes so much sense !

Man, I have been an 18 links user and I didn't even knew about it.

PS: OMG THE POTENTIAL WITH WEAPON SWAP. 30 LINKS SKILLS INCOMING !!
RNG is RNG.

In Rampage, solo self-found, I have 2 uncorrupted 6Ls (one from an "all-linked" box, the other a natural 6L drop) and 3 corrupted armorers drops (2 with good rolls and colors!).

Before rampage I'd seen 1 crap 6L from a vaaled armorers in 2 years.
^since when does Cwdt replace a gem in your 6-link set-up?

Unless your playing below optimal builds with endurance charge on stun in your 6-link that is.

Anyway if your looking at it like that, then HoT/CoH dual curse provides =

Stun gem
endurance charge on stun gem (for spells/attacks)
Pcoc
increased crit chance
Crit multiplier
Life leach

So yeah, make that a 10 link from your PoV or a 12-link if you already have a 6-link to begin with.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
well reading the gem description , your setup (HoT + CoH) would apply only to build that can shock , so we cant generalize about it and there is the problem that you always need to hit first to get your curse rolling

but then a lot of build will use that kind of trick differently (bow CoH, ball of lightning CoH in mind) but then i understand that in those case you have to use it in between you main attack

so i dont see why it should be a problem and i see coh more as a quality of life

PS: i'm loving my 9 link EA :)

"
Boem wrote:

Any thought's about this power-creep with the recent patch?

That ship has already sailed, the endgame has become a dps-obsessed Path of Exalts. The only open issue is how quickly the power creep will continue to accelerate.

Also, auto-cursing is not equivalent to having an 8-link, it's just another form of automation, like CwDT. I prefer to put CoH on movement skills, so I can control which targets get the damage curse. HoT + CoH is just as likely to curse a pot as a boss.
Last edited by RogueMage on Oct 29, 2014, 2:26:55 PM
Big fucking deal.

Trash dies before HoT can spread its curse anyway and bosses take reduced effect from curses, on top of that curses have been nerfed recently.

It's good for keeping up power charges, that's about it.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
holocaustus wrote:
Big fucking deal.

Trash dies before HoT can spread its curse anyway and bosses take reduced effect from curses, on top of that curses have been nerfed recently.

It's good for keeping up power charges, that's about it.

Exactly, I much prefer to manually cast my curses anyways, the times hot would even curse anything would typically be times it's unnecessary. I guess if your dps is low it would be more helpful, but a 6L usually means decent dps.
"
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
i think 6l should just go away, it breaks too many mechanics when you can have so much power behind your skills.

for some builds the 6th link can double damage output, which is crazy

as for the corruption 6ls, most of them end up with unusable colors . so one generally must wait until some loser grinds vorici to 8 at the start of a league.

once you get vorici 8 corrupt 6ls become a great alternative.

Man you have horrible suggestions.

Well part of it was sacasm.

but you are just saying that because you don't want to lose your 400k+ dps builds which you KNOW break everything.

bottom line the difference between top end dps and what we can call mainstream dps is so large that it is borderline impossible to balance the game around it.

either the game is impossible for the mainstream and a challenge for these builds . or everything is trivial.

I wont pretend to know the solution to that problem though since it isn't just one thing that is causing it.

And I cant help but feel that there is a far greater number of said game breaking uber dps builds that shit on everything except for uber atziri than there were just a few leagues ago.

It is something that will have to be delt with eventually.

"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

...you are just saying that because you don't want to lose your 400k+ dps builds which you KNOW break everything.

bottom line the difference between top end dps and what we can call mainstream dps is so large that it is borderline impossible to balance the game around it.

either the game is impossible for the mainstream and a challenge for these builds . or everything is trivial.

I wont pretend to know the solution to that problem though since it isn't just one thing that is causing it.

How I make PoE more challenging, less monotonous, and more fun:

* Avoid all OP Uniques, Mirrored Rares, items costing more than 5-6 Exalts.
* Ignore all the 6-link drama, optimize your skills for 3-5 links.
* Exploit the hell out of mid-level Uniques and their rarely used synergies.
* Avoid pricey MTX, get some skin transfers and find a decent pair of pants.
* Boycott pay2play shake-downs like 73+ maps and guided Atziri tours.
* Solo Merc Dominus to determine whether you have a viable endgame build.
* Plan your build to reach retirement age at lvl-80 with 100 skill points.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info