Of Characters names

Maybe this is a stupid thing, but is something that I would like so here it is the question:
Can we have the characters names tied to the account name? So that can actualy be two or more characters with the same name but different players?
I grow tired of spending time to chose names for my chars that make sense and are not already in use.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Well... That's an issue. I never thought about that. I guess that's the problem of having a game based on creating a lot of characters. There should be a fix for this.
Try using the "_" sign, this alone will make all old names usable again.

Like my chars name is Orkman. a 2nd can be _Orkman_. its just a name:-)
Since it's unlikely that the system will change:
Finding Names for your Characters - List of Resources :-)
I was wondering when Alysma was gonna come knocking on this thread.

+1 for your useful list alysma.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
I was wondering when Alysma was gonna come knocking on this thread.

+1 for your useful list alysma.

Peace,

-Boem-

Aww, thanks :-)
+1 to OP.

The game shows my player name all the time.
Yet somehow I cannot have a "Peterlerock.Gandalf" Templar or a "Peterlerock.Conan" Marauder because "Gandalf" and "Conan" have obviously been claimed by someone else.

Why?
It would still pretty easy to identify my character (because it shows my name!), and I wouldn't have to deal with _Conan, _C0n4n_1, "ConanTheOrcCrusher" or whatever.

You can give me resources lists all day long, if I want my Ranger be called "MileyCyrus", I'd prefer to be able to give her that name.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Oct 29, 2014, 12:26:10 PM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
+1 to OP.

The game shows my player name all the time.
Yet somehow I cannot have a "Peterlerock.Gandalf" Templar or a "Peterlerock.Conan" Marauder because "Gandalf" and "Conan" have obviously been claimed by someone else.

Why?
It would still pretty easy to identify my character (because it shows my name!), and I wouldn't have to deal with _Conan, _C0n4n_1, "ConanTheOrcCrusher" or whatever.

You can give me resources lists all day long, if I want my Ranger be called "MileyCyrus", I'd prefer to be able to give her that name.

I'm not sure I understand this. You do have fingers, right? Thus, it's entirely possible for you to name your character "Peterlerock.Gandalf" or "Peterlerock.Conan", is it not?

Is your complaint based around the fact that your game isn't doing it for you? Because I don't think it would take more than a couple of seconds to type the "Peterlerock." part of the name.

Or is it that you would be the only person with that kind of name? Because if so it seems pretty selfish to want to force everyone to have an awful name simply because you're too unimaginative to come up with one of your own.
"Of course we balance knowing players will Alt-F4 out of there."
- Qarl
Selfish? Da Fuq?

"
Deankar wrote:

I'm not sure I understand this. You do have fingers, right? Thus, it's entirely possible for you to name your character "Peterlerock.Gandalf" or "Peterlerock.Conan", is it not?

I want to name him "Conan".

Not "Peterlerock.Conan", just "Conan".
And I don't want to be the only one who has a character named "Conan", I want that everybody can have one.

When I name a character "xyhdlsahd" (or whatever), the game already makes him appear to my friends / trading partners as "Peterlerock.xyhdlsahd".

As my account and character names are linked, there's no reason why I shouldn't be able to have a non-unique name on my characters, my online appearance would still be unique (because of the unique account name).

I understand there are reasons for unique names.
But I feel they could be worked around.

(poe.xyz.is shows items belonging to "characters", this would have to be changed to "accounts" when names were no longer unique)

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Oct 30, 2014, 3:37:25 AM
Imagine if the real world worked like this.

"Congratulations, mom! What name do you want on his Birth Certificate?"
"John Abraham."
"Sorry, ma'am, but that name's already taken. What do you think about 'cvwJOHNxciuwpl_xXxAbRaHaMxXx'?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info