Of Characters names

"
Peterlerock wrote:
You wouldn't type "@klaus", you'd right-click him in your friends list or type "@FunnyGermanName.Klaus".

This works with people in your friendlist, but not for strangers you want to trade with. And even in a party, you DONT even get the account names shown in the social screen... (didnt mean it could get changed, od course)
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
Peterlerock wrote:
You wouldn't type "@klaus", you'd right-click him in your friends list or type "@FunnyGermanName.Klaus".

This works with people in your friendlist, but not for strangers you want to trade with. And even in a party, you DONT even get the account names shown in the social screen... (didnt mean it could get changed, od course)

...and that's exactly what I'm hinting at.

I'd personally prefer to be able to call my dudes whatever I want to call them, and appear as
"Peterlerock.Gandalf" in parties instead of appearing as "G4nd4lf_TheGrey" because the name has to be unique.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
Peterlerock wrote:

...and that's exactly what I'm hinting at.

I'd personally prefer to be able to call my dudes whatever I want to call them, and appear as
"Peterlerock.Gandalf" in parties instead of appearing as "G4nd4lf_TheGrey" because the name has to be unique.

I agree with that.
Last edited by Samkiud on Nov 2, 2014, 7:58:34 AM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
I'd personally prefer to be able to call my dudes whatever I want to call them, and appear as "Peterlerock.Gandalf" in parties instead of appearing as "G4nd4lf_TheGrey" because the name has to be unique.

I prefer short access instead of "full" char names of 30..40..50..?? characters. Even the yet given (and neccessary) 25 digits are close to horrible in chat.

And it depends on everyones personal view: the char names give you the option to give them a meaning, that not had to be a 'strict' reference of the player himself (but can have). On the other hand, in the 'wilderness', in the party down there; what acts and counts is neither the account, nor does the player himself stand on the shore - its just the given CHAR.
--
"
Alysma wrote:
The in-game communication between character names instead of account names is supposed to be a roleplaying element. Which might work if people would actually roleplay in chat... :-D

And with numbers in peoples names, and XxCharXxXNamexX, roleplaying already died.

G4nd41lf...

I'd not even be able to roleplay alongside that person if he was a robot mage in a post-apocalyptic steampunk MMO.

Hell -- even underscores makes me die a little inside.
Last edited by Red_Frostraven on Nov 3, 2014, 5:12:33 AM
Underscores are just a replacement for spaces, which seems to be avoided for the sake of storage/database... I'm very GLAD that we have at least this little option to "work" with naming and meaning. I'd like if we could also get hyphen and apostrophes, at least. Double/Split-names aren't so unusual...
--

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info