Velvet's elemental buzzsaw {crit} ~ Atziri deathless/map clearing 1.3 Updated!

"
SFXisMag1c wrote:
Regarding G3nobee56's craft: you unfortunately got the low end there my friend :-/ The weapon is still usable nevertheless. It's just unlucky that it didn't reach its potential.

And I must admit I do not have so much experience with crafting. I tried a couple of times to craft my own daggers out of high ilvl ambushers and the perfect start would be 2 T1 mods (some ele dmg + AS or some ele dmg + crit), similar to what you had. After that my plan was to regal the weapon and then see what my crafting options are depending on what I get.

But I have a few questions myself and maybe you guys can enlighten me:

1. if you divine a weapon like G3nobee56's, can the WED roll anywhere between 8 and 22%? Because this range is nothing like the normal affixes that give WED.

2. does 'can have multiple crafted mods' from Elreon have to be the first crafted mod? I know it sounds silly, so let me rephrase it. Say you have 2 T1 on a dagger then craft and remove WED on it to your heart's content until you get 22%. Can you then use the Elreon mod? (I assume not but worth a confirmation)

Pretty much the same questions I had, but I've been using other people's services quite a few times and found answers on the way:

1. Yes. I remember one post on reddit around the release of 1.2 saying the divine rolled outside of the master brackets, but a crafter in game assured me he blowed dozens of divines on his (GG) bow and never happened, so I have to assume the reddit was a troll/rare bug.

2. Yes, Elreon's OPmod must be the first.
Regarding the previous topic:

1. I am still a bit confused. In the current state, G3nobee56's dagger has a 10% WED mod. If a divine is used does the value roll in the crafted interval (i.e. 8-22%) or within the 'catalyzed' mod's interval (5-10%)?

2. Yeah I imagined as much. Crafting elreon's mod first just makes sure you cannot roll a perfect mod(by re-crafting until satisfied) and then applying others. Makes sense.

PS: I have added a video section to the guide and 2 new videos. One is an Atziri kill using a different tactic in clone phase. The other is a standard Double Vaal fight. Check them out if you want.
It would roll between 8-22%. The master crafts seem to have their own brackets, unrelated to the usual ones.
Build look good and consistent. After some theorycrafting i came up with this tree for beyond/hc:
http://poeurl.com/y40KmAr
Basically just switching for ranger start because i plan to drop haste and use purity of lightning combined with lightning coil. More evasion from tree, combined with PoL also will help to mitigate reflect damage. Im thinking also about switching herald of ice for herald of lightning + curse on hit + crit weakness, but this need to be tested. I plan to cover the loss of scion mana/regen nodes with 1 augmented/regaled/master crafted elreon diamond ring. Also i will use 5 linked coil because i cant afford 6 link so maybe i even dont need that ring.
What are you thinking about my HC adaptation?

Also i wanted to ask you to show your offense tab w/o power charges, cant find your final crit chance.

Thank you for guide, im leveling my ranger on Beyond atm, and i can post my stats later when i get to endgame if someone is interested.

PS: sry bad english
Last edited by konokrad666 on Nov 6, 2014, 10:29:12 AM
"
konokrad666 wrote:
Build look good and consistent. After some theorycrafting i came up with this tree for beyond/hc:
http://poeurl.com/y40KmAr
Basically just switching for ranger start because i plan to drop haste and use purity of lightning combined with lightning coil. More evasion from tree, combined with PoL also will help to mitigate reflect damage. Im thinking also about switching herald of ice for herald of lightning + curse on hit + crit weakness, but this need to be tested. I plan to cover the loss of scion mana/regen nodes with 1 augmented/regaled/master crafted elreon diamond ring. Also i will use 5 linked coil because i cant afford 6 link so maybe i even dont need that ring.
What are you thinking about my HC adaptation?

Also i wanted to ask you to show your offense tab w/o power charges, cant find your final crit chance.

Thank you for guide, im leveling my ranger on Beyond atm, and i can post my stats later when i get to endgame if someone is interested.

PS: sry bad english

I'm glad you liked the build. We have discussed the topic of Lightning Coil a lot in this thread. If I am not mistaken Ark20 is still running such a variant. Also, Herald of Thunder should work fine and I also considered using curse on crit with it, but it will have limited impact since the range will not be as great as the Spectral throw. Nevertheless, will still work. And your skill tree looks optimal, nothing to complain about there :)

My critical chance with power charges is around 85% at the moment. I will add a picture soon.

PS: your English is not bad at all :)
As a matter of fact, I haven't had the chance to test the Lightning Coil yet. Still need a belt, the seller I'm waiting for looked like active but it seems I was wrong. I'll wait until tomorrow to find an alternative. For the armour, I'm currently running a rare 5 link without life leech.

For the much needed 6L upgrade, I'm on a ~20ex budget. If I get said belt I could buy any garbage 6L (only would need life and decent arm/eva, could use a blue for all I care). A 6L Coil is out of my budget but could get there maybe in a week or so, if the tests with my 5L one are sattisfying. But yeah, I'm stuck until I upgrade the belt (sigh).

The character itself is ok, I feel extremely squishy (~3.2k life @77) but I'm quite determined to get this caracter to a "fully operational" state. As much as life nodes tempt me I'm trying to grab another crit chance cluster (the 3-node True Strike near scion start, 1 passive point after finishing it I think I'll use free refunds to take the 4-node crit chance+attack speed right under Resolute Technique). I'll post my current tree in case you spot any big mistake on it but it looks pretty standard to me:
Massive url

Currently running low 70 maps to rush levels while I curse in my head at inactive sellers.
@Ark20

The way I run the build is to be as resistant as possible to the damage the enemies are using (be it physical or magical). You will not have the luxury of getting 6K HP on this build I am afraid. And after looking at your skill tree, I realized you are missing some key life nodes. But don't worry, you will get there ;) And don't forget that fife on gear is very important as well for obvious reasons. You need some of that too.

PS: I added a full Apex run in the video section. It's nothing special, just an average run. Let me know what you think ;)
When i use 6l coil should i use the Evasion build u posted or stick to normal u post( the more i like it tbh ? Also i have Atziri's Acuity,so should i drop 1 or 2 crit nodes because of crit compensation on Atziri's Acuity and get few aspd nodes or stick to 1st part of the build?Give me some advices about gear setup on alphas,6l coil,Atziri's Acuity.Haste,Anger,Wrath on helm,Clarity + BM?What u think for Curse on Hit + HoThunder +Assasin's mark and reduce mana?Drop the PCoC from 6l on armor and put add light or chaos dmg?
Last edited by Desperation on Nov 8, 2014, 10:38:04 AM
"
Desperation wrote:
When i use 6l coil should i use the Evasion build u posted or stick to normal u post( the more i like it tbh ? Also i have Atziri's Acuity,so should i drop 1 or 2 crit nodes because of crit compensation on Atziri's Acuity and get few aspd nodes or stick to 1st part of the build?Give me some advices about gear setup on alphas,6l coil,Atziri's Acuity.Haste,Anger,Wrath on helm,Clarity + BM?What u think for Curse on Hit + HoThunder +Assasin's mark and reduce mana?Drop the PCoC from 6l on armor and put add light or chaos dmg?

To start things off, if you are using a Lightning Coil you should, in my opinion, go for the evasion skill tree. The idea here is Lightning Coil helps you mitigate physical damage. So what would be the point of it if you run an 100% uptime Immortal Call? The advantage in your case would be a more relaxed play style (do not have to cast anything defensively).

You have a pair of Atziri's acuity huh? Congratulations! :D If you want to balance things out I guess you could pick up some AS ndoes, but in all honesty I would not change anything. More crit, less AS, not much of a big deal (+you will insta leech more often!).

We have also discussed the Curse on hit + Herald of Thunder setup in this thread. It's an amazing idea, but the range is not good enough to curse targets that you should be hitting on the edge of the screen. If you want to facetank everything though, go for it!

Lastly, if I were to drop PCoC I would probably take improved critical strikes (sounds silly but hey). If you insist on taking some flat damage, I would chose added lightning over added chaos since it would have better synergy with your passives/gear (WED bonuses etc.).

I hope this helps! If you have other questions or need more advice, do not hesitate to ask :)
1 more question,should i lvl up defensive combo cwdt etc to higher lvls or stick to lvl 1 for more often procs?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info