Velvet's elemental buzzsaw {crit} ~ Atziri deathless/map clearing 1.3 Updated!

On the topic of gear pricing and daggers in particular:

Currently I am using this beautiful thing:

And it is probably my most expensive possession at the moment. But you can make do with a very cheap alternative:

I already sold two similar daggers for cheap (1-3 ex).
"
SFXisMag1c wrote:
"
Ark20 wrote:
Stuff

Things

I'm kinda surprised that ST isn't sustainable with Vaal Haste, specially considering you have a significant amount of mana regen on your gear. I've checked your videos and it looks like you can sustain it with faster attacks, so how bad/good is it with LMP? Maybe you can check how long does it take the chatty woman to say "I have nothing more to give" and run towards the enemies to melee them.

About the levelling process, I am now at level 69 and playing Path of Trading to gear up. I've decided to try cap my resists counting a Lightning Coil with brodeals, going good so far. Exception are boots, the price skyrockets for high res+life+movespeed. Had to take these for 2ex, I had pretty much no other choice:

I've opted to bruteforce my way to max resist without a purity because on the paper it doesn't sound like worth it. Dropping wrath like you say is a dps suicide. Dropping the HoI might actually be viable, but you lose the freezelock which is a really strong defensive feature. On top of that with 75% lightning resist a Coil eliminates (75% of 40%) 30% of the physical damage taken. With the Purity it goes up to 32%. Doesn't convince me. Also a small plus I see in the Coil is a 6L can be bought for 30ex or even lower, while a good rare 6L costs anywhere from "more" to "waaaay more". Linking your own chest would cost ~37.5ex with Vorici too. /Rambling

Now I have to find an amulet and maybe one ring, it's why I'm slightly concerned about mana regen. Pieces with %WED can get really expensive.
"
kenny_ty wrote:
Love your build and you are manly to face tank 3 bosses and atziri, thumbs up!

But I have some questions:-
How about acrobatics with phase acrobatics in end game? Is it viable to pick up these nodes? Or it is just a waste of points? How do we gain more accuracy from the skill tree?

Acrobatics:
To be fair, I tried Acrobatics and phase acrobatics. It is good, but by itself it will not save you. In conjuncture with Atziri's step boots and vaal grace it will make you a dodgy fellow (75% attack and spell dodge). BUT it seems to me that it is too much of a passive skill investment. If you look at my current skill tree, I would need 8 points to grab all the nodes. That's a lot! Also, as you've seen, by using Immortal Call I do not need any evasion/armor/dodge.

Accuracy:
If accuracy feels like a problem for you (say you have none on your gear) then a quick fix would be grabbing Finesse to the south of Ballistic Mastery. It is an amazing option: the node itself gives you 8% AS, 20% accuracy and 20 dex. ALSO on your way there you will grab Heart of the Oak, which is an amazing node and 2 stun recovery nodes which are useful. I think this is the best option since nothing is wasted. You will need to allocate 4 points though. Where you take them from is your choice ;)
"
Ark20 wrote:
"
SFXisMag1c wrote:
"
Ark20 wrote:
Stuff

Things

More stuff

If you want to stick to the Lightning Coil you should go for a purity of lightning and drop HoI (might cause more mana problems). But here's a theoretical discussion: you use Lightning Coil to mitigate the incoming physical damage right? But if you use Immortal Call the right way you will take no physical damage. Of course, if your defensive mechanisms are passive (no active skills required), it is easier and more relaxing to play. But then you might need to sacrifice DPS and have an active offensive play style (use curses etc) to reach the same DPS output. Your call, but I am an active supported of Immortal Call (I only invest 3(three) skill points to gain permanent physical Immunity. No gear required, no auras and no defensive curses! Think about it)

And yes, my build is a bit more pretentious than the classic buzzsaw. On top of requiring WED on rings, amulet and belt + high AS on gloves, I would also need high crit modifiers and some accuracy. But the DPS is 2-3 times higher. So I understand that you will have some trouble gearing up to capped resists and some life also. But patience is sometimes key.

This is what I am working with. I paid 20 exalts for it. Twenty! At first glance it's nowhere near 'good', but I do not care about the armor (recall the Immortal Call discussion).

Also, my guide contains tips and tricks on farming not only the Apex of Sacrifice, but also sacrifice sets! I actually have more tips and I will improve the guide but for now you might find some useful information on how to make currency fast!
I think I'm done with the gearing now, although I need to wait for a couple players to log in (checked if they are active beforehand, fallen for that before). I'll be missing crit chance on jewellery but I don't expect that to be a serious issue. I'll have the freedom to experiment with and without the Coil. In the worst case I'll grab a rare and have a "massive" resist overcap (ele weakness proof maybe), or the option to simply buy more offensive jewellery with lower resists.

I'm not really bothered about Atziri since I already have a fully geared incinerator-tank and a phys-crit ranger to faceroll content. I'm doing this build/toon because I miss the fun playstyle of the old buzzsaw. I didn't expect the nerf at all (newbie ignorance maybe? Even today I wouldn't call it OP, simply strong). I've also grown to love crit builds, the noise is highly addictive, on top of the obviously higher deeps.

The biggest factor that puts me off the selfcast EC-IC is my potato computer, scary situations tend to involve FPS drops and I'd rather not depend on active input to survive. To put an example, I've died a couple times while spamming seething flasks, only to see only one (even none) of the orders reached the server in time. I might still try your approach in the future, it's undeniable that 7+ seconds of immunity is more than 2-3, perhaps 4 with 20Q gems.
@SFXisMag1c
@Ark20

Thanks Ark20 and SFXisMag1c for the advice as it has helped me alot in preparing for this char and this build seems to be running pretty good so far (lvl 42 atm).

Sorry that I haven't been able to reply and thank you guys as I have been unwell these part few days and this build seems to be really one of the best builds I have played in long time so thanks again SFXisMag1c for creating such a fun and amazing build :)

@Ark20
I'm glad your char is reaching completion and kicking ass! It's great to see other people try the build and make it work! And you have contributed greatly to the thread with your progress. Big thanks goes out to you!
And about the 'reactive' defensive play style... yes lags/desync are my greatest enemy! I don't die from Atziri but if my computer lags when I open a door I might die :D Then again, if you have to run from stuff you still face this problem. We live in an imperfect world and we do what we can ;)

@G3nobee56
Nice to hear from you! I'm happy you are pleased with the results but there are many challenges ahead. Nevertheless, take it easy and more importantly take care of yourself. And if you ever need help or advice, you know how to get to me ;)
@SFXisMag1c

Here is the dagger I showed both you and Ark20 but now with the Elreon mod,fire dmg,WED and crit:

I was a little disappointed with the craft as I got next to the lowest rolls on the WED and crit and I was wondering if this was still good to use? And if there was a way of rerolling this or for each craft separately without a Divine (if that's even possible) or even removing rach craft row by row as the fire dmg roll was pretty good.

Also thanks for listening to my feedback earlier as it was good to see a helpful person on the forums getting back to you with a very quick response :)
"
G3nobee56 wrote:
@SFXisMag1c

Here is the dagger I showed both you and Ark20 but now with the Elreon mod,fire dmg,WED and crit:

I was a little disappointed with the craft as I got next to the lowest rolls on the WED and crit and I was wondering if this was still good to use? And if there was a way of rerolling this or for each craft separately without a Divine (if that's even possible) or even removing rach craft row by row as the fire dmg roll was pretty good.

Also thanks for listening to my feedback earlier as it was good to see a helpful person on the forums getting back to you with a very quick response :)

Sadly you can only divine it to reroll everything. You can only remove crafted mods on weapons with Vagan, and it will remove all of them, even Elreon's.

I'd say it's still a solid starting point to try out the build. You can divine it, but keep in mind that the WED roll is risky, the 8-22 bracket is huge. The attack speed could (probably would) decrease, the bracket for T2 is 23-25%. Another option is to get a white ilvl77 ambusher and try to craft your own weapon... again. You can do that while using your current dagger, whenever you stockpile some alteration orbs.
Regarding G3nobee56's craft: you unfortunately got the low end there my friend :-/ The weapon is still usable nevertheless. It's just unlucky that it didn't reach its potential.

And I must admit I do not have so much experience with crafting. I tried a couple of times to craft my own daggers out of high ilvl ambushers and the perfect start would be 2 T1 mods (some ele dmg + AS or some ele dmg + crit), similar to what you had. After that my plan was to regal the weapon and then see what my crafting options are depending on what I get.

But I have a few questions myself and maybe you guys can enlighten me:

1. if you divine a weapon like G3nobee56's, can the WED roll anywhere between 8 and 22%? Because this range is nothing like the normal affixes that give WED.

2. does 'can have multiple crafted mods' from Elreon have to be the first crafted mod? I know it sounds silly, so let me rephrase it. Say you have 2 T1 on a dagger then craft and remove WED on it to your heart's content until you get 22%. Can you then use the Elreon mod? (I assume not but worth a confirmation)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info