Velvet's elemental buzzsaw {crit} ~ Atziri deathless/map clearing 1.3 Updated!

I am not so experienced in this game yet, so can I ask you to create passive skill tree for lesser levels? I have no idea how should I start and so on... Thanks!
Thanks for the build. Ok so i need a bit of help im currently level 83 scion and i am only hitting about 6-7k damage with power charge's. Why inst my DPS higher? can someone help me out i linked all my gear below.

Last edited by AzurePluto on Nov 21, 2014, 1:37:27 AM
"
AxeLL171 wrote:
I am not so experienced in this game yet, so can I ask you to create passive skill tree for lesser levels? I have no idea how should I start and so on... Thanks!

Well that is quite all right. Let me give you an overview and then get into a detailed guide: if you are playing on standard league then I suggest going for the skeleton of the build first - grab all the aura nodes you need, then crit/AS/life depending on your preference. If you play on a hardcore league, I suggest grabbing some more life along the way. You will reach the aura nodes later, but safer.

Anyway, here's a sketch of how you should be leveling:

Note: now with a little more investment you will be able to grab all the aura nodes you need. BUT you will not be able to use alpha's howl yet so there is no point to it. Instead, grab some life/AS/crit nodes first and then skill the final points into auras!

Now the tricky part is over. You are able to run all of yours auras now and mechanically, you will pretty much be the same with this char.

This last step was taken so that your ST has the range you want from it. After that just fill in the gaps to the full tree, in whatever order you like.

I hope this helps! Good luck and have fun! ;)
"
AzurePluto wrote:
Thanks for the build. Ok so i need a bit of help im currently level 83 scion and i am only hitting about 6-7k damage with power charge's. Why inst my DPS higher? can someone help me out i linked all my gear below.

Do not despair my friend. Help is always close! :) But leaving all jokes aside here is what I see:

1. For the purpose of this build, your weapon is atrocious! It is about as good as a white ambusher really. First of all, the APS is very low for a buzzsaw: 1.38 will not cut it. Since all the damage comes from flat modifiers, you need to have a high AS. From 1.40 to 2.00 you will deal 30% MORE damage. Second, the critical strike chance is low as well. It is currently 6.2%. The crit chance on your weapon dictates your overall crit chance. With a 9% crit you will effectively deal almost 50% MORE damage. The physical damage modifier does not help, the crit strike chance for spells obviously does not help and the mana regen helps, but it does not help your DPS.

2. one of your rings is not a diamond ring and does not have WED. Maybe you use it to cap your resistances, and I understand, but you need to see that there is room for improvement here. And maybe you can roll the implicit value of the first diamond ring too using a blessed orb (22% -> 30%)

3*. I have nothing against your shield, but why are you using ES? It will not scale so good, because you will grab primarily life nodes...

That's what I can say at first glance. The deal breaker is the weapon unfortunately. Maybe it's good for some other build out there, but not this one :) With a 2.0 APS, 9% crit ambusher you will have almost double the DPS. And you should also look at the fact that you are using a tabula, so I imagine you make some compromises in order to cap your resistances!

Also, maybe you could tell us if you followed the skill tree religiously or if you have deviated a bit. Maybe there are problems there too.

In any case,I hope this helps. Good luck and have fun my friend!
Thanks for your help :) , I just got the ambusher with attack speed and crit. As for my skill tree, so far everything is the same i need to now progress to the "increased aura effect" nodes on the upper left side of the tree and the ones near the lower left as well. I am now hitting about 10k with power charges and 12k with Vaal haste. I decided to equip that ES shield because i had hit the cap on resists so i didnt feel it was much point putting on shaffles. Do you think i would be better off maybe equipping shaffles frame and getting another WED diamond ring instead of the "resist only ring"? I don't think i choose the +8% attack speed from Kraityn so i will change that aswell - will it make much difference? Thanks again for all the help :)
"
AzurePluto wrote:
Thanks for your help :) , I just got the ambusher with attack speed and crit. As for my skill tree, so far everything is the same i need to now progress to the "increased aura effect" nodes on the upper left side of the tree and the ones near the lower left as well. I am now hitting about 10k with power charges and 12k with Vaal haste. I decided to equip that ES shield because i had hit the cap on resists so i didnt feel it was much point putting on shaffles. Do you think i would be better off maybe equipping shaffles frame and getting another WED diamond ring instead of the "resist only ring"? I don't think i choose the +8% attack speed from Kraityn so i will change that aswell - will it make much difference? Thanks again for all the help :)

1. It's very good that you are using an ambusher now. It's a step in the right direction.

2. About the shield: no matter what you chose to use, it should be something that helps you and synergizes with your build. I use one of two shields, depending on the situation. Saffell is good vs elemental damage bosses, but for regular scenarios I use a shield that boosts my HP and evasion. The energy shield boost is great, but you don't make the most out of it. And for sure, you should aim to cap your resists with the shield so that you can swap you 'resist' ring with a diamond ring with WED. It's my advice :)

3. You say you need to progress to the 'aura effect' nodes in the NW and SW? Do you have all the needed aura reservation nodes yet? Or more specifically, what auras are you using at the moment?
Hi Again I have posted my skill tree so far below.
I did use 1 node that wasn't on your skill tree, (far right) because i needed +4 dexterity but that will be going soon. Otherwise its really the upper left and lower left that need work.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAx4DlgPuBLMGIwhnDH0PqxB_FE0UcRa_Fy8YPBmKGjgajx2qHb4fQSLqJOEmlSftKPoqCy2DMFQyiTOHNuk7KDwtPT4_m0GHRZ1GcVM1U1JVS1fiWfNgQ2HiZp5sFm49b55wUnKpdwd35X69gseDCYcThxmMNpBVkn2TOpcGl_6Yb5rgm7WcpKIAp4SsqrVItz69J8AawzrEosT2xp7GrspK2L3cI-GI42rlz-oY6-7sOPPq9tr3Mvjr-ej60vsJ-0X8S_4K

I can run 4 of the 5 aura's, Anger, Clarity, Wrath, and herald of ice (with 126 mana to spare for spec throw & Enduring Cry) I currently don't have enough mana to run normal Haste or to use instead of herald of ice. I also used a blessed orb on ring and neck like you suggested and now have.

And thx for such a quick response.
Last edited by AzurePluto on Nov 21, 2014, 5:32:36 AM
"
AzurePluto wrote:
Hi Again I have posted my skill tree so far below.
I did use 1 node that wasn't on your skill tree, (far right) because i needed +4 dexterity but that will be going soon. Otherwise its really the upper left and lower left that need work.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAx4DlgPuBLMGIwhnDH0PqxB_FE0UcRa_Fy8YPBmKGjgajx2qHb4fQSLqJOEmlSftKPoqCy2DMFQyiTOHNuk7KDwtPT4_m0GHRZ1GcVM1U1JVS1fiWfNgQ2HiZp5sFm49b55wUnKpdwd35X69gseDCYcThxmMNpBVkn2TOpcGl_6Yb5rgm7WcpKIAp4SsqrVItz69J8AawzrEosT2xp7GrspK2L3cI-GI42rlz-oY6-7sOPPq9tr3Mvjr-ej60vsJ-0X8S_4K

I can run 4 of the 5 aura's, Anger, Clarity, Wrath, and herald of ice (with 126 mana to spare for spec throw & Enduring Cry) I currently don't have enough mana to run normal Haste or to use instead of herald of ice. I also used a blessed orb on ring and neck like you suggested and now have.

And thx for such a quick response.

Well, as soon as you grab the mana reservation nodes you will be able to run haste too and coupled with the aura effect nodes that will boost your DPS to a healthy 13-14K I think. Everything will feel much faster as well, since you will also move and cast much faster.

And it's my pleasure to help as soon as I can ^_^

Would this be worth giving to Elreon to play with?
"
Tozie wrote:

Would this be worth giving to Elreon to play with?

I think I would do it. It's got T1 crit and AS, the top priorities. You can craft the "multimod" suffix from Elreon, then %WED and flat lightning/fire damage. You have the cheaper option of only adding %WED (the master's flat ele mods are kinda lame), but honestly I doubt you will find a better dagger so you might aswell get the most out if it. If you happen to get a really low %WED (8-22% bracket) you can use divine orbs.

You won't ever need to replace a dagger like that, and if you ever want to it will cost you a pretty big pile of orbs to buy/eternal-exalt something better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info