Herald of Thunder

Totems don't have the Herald Buff either, so, yeah. Working as intended.
Every on-Kill effect works this way.
"
Kenzorz wrote:

Faster Casting doesn't do shit for it, the bolts strike at the same speed (as I expected) with and without FC.

It does work, verified by the wiki. Its not going to be a crazy night and day difference, but its there.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Oct 25, 2014, 6:44:23 PM
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Kenzorz wrote:

Faster Casting doesn't do shit for it, the bolts strike at the same speed (as I expected) with and without FC.

It does work, verified by the wiki. Its not going to be a crazy night and day difference, but its there.

I tested it myself with 0% increased cast speed vs 180% increased cast speed, the lightning bolts strike at exactly the same rate.

Guess what, wikis can be wrong. I knew it was wrong the moment I saw it compared to Firestorm, whoever edited that in doesn't even play the game.
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Oh well, either way I'll just use something else. I eventually want to use a second curse in that slot.
Standard Forever
"
Kenzorz wrote:
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Kenzorz wrote:

I tested it myself with 0% increased cast speed vs 180% increased cast speed, the lightning bolts strike at exactly the same rate.

Guess what, wikis can be wrong. I knew it was wrong the moment I saw it compared to Firestorm, whoever edited that in doesn't even play the game.

Did you just test it for the lightning-strikes on a single mob or for a bunch of mobs? Cause the Wiki explicit said, that it only affects the global cooldown and not the single-mob-strike-cooldown.

Edit:

Target-Cooldown: 400ms
Global-Strike-Cooldown: 250ms

I guess it only affects the Global-Strike-Cooldown (?) So FasterCasting is only effective against multiple targets? Just a theorie right now.

Edit2:

Nevermind. Multiple sources state it does not affect anything. So FasterCasting is useless.
Last edited by Jibblies on Oct 27, 2014, 8:55:55 AM
"
Jibblies wrote:
snip

Wikis can be edited by anyone and can be wrong or inaccurate. It's 2014 nearly 2015, are you people new to the internet or something?
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Last edited by Kenzorz on Oct 28, 2014, 8:14:03 AM
"
MwHighlander wrote:
Works cool

Only complaint is that when its active, the "circle aura" around your character is waist high instead of by your feet like all the others.

The Lightning Hands is the herald's indicator. The lightning hula-hoop tells you the temporary buff is active -- enemies who come near while the hula hoop is up will be smote. Not sure why they couldn't just give us a buff indicator, but this is how it works.

The small joys in life: auto-crate breaking. Really liking this with curse on hit, really dismayed curse on hit doesn't work with Ash.
Ash doesn't hit.

That makes perfect sense.

Herald of Ice does hit, and doesn't work. That's the fucked up one.
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
Well, that's an on-kill effect, does CoH work with the Explosion from MS?
That probably shouldn't be discussed here.
Currently using HoT on a Melee char, and I'm a bit irritated by it's higher stat requirement compared to other Heralds. Still, good skill.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
Herald of Ice not triggering Curse on Hit is a confirmed bug.
(on-Kill effect or not, a hit is a hit)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info