Community Poll: Game Engine Development vs Content Development

post "1" if you wish GGG would spend more time on developing the game engine and desync.

post "2" if you wish GGG should continue pouring out content.

post "3" if you want both.

My post........1

-Pookyfied
Here until the end.
Last edited by pookyfied on Oct 22, 2014, 12:02:28 AM
It's not like the people doing content are the same that those who work on the engine...

Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
You know people that work on game engine and people that work on game content are different people.

There is an extreme lack of talent for 1 in whatever country they live in.
Picture of the little Mexican girl shrugging her shoulders, 'Why not both?'

:)
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
I don't think they need to develop desync any further. From what I glean from the forums and my own experience with (no, not cyclone, although I'm doing that too) spark, PoE's desync is one of the most sophisticated desyncs around, the acme of oos. So much so, that other games' desync isn't even recognized as such.

However, I vote

I enjoy new content. I also played unmodded D2 LoD from release until D3 came out with only minor breaks. While I believe that desync can never be fixed without compromising a lot of what makes PoE great, I also think the game engine and other technical aspects of the game could do with some improvements.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
1. They need to stop fearing the loss of players due to 'lack of new content' and get back to fixing up some of the foundations of this precarious superstructure.

This. The small QoL changes coming this patch mean a lot to me. Now imagine if GGG would actually focus on doing this for a couple of months straight.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Can we vote 4?

Finish PoE1 with act 4 and start devlopment on PoE2 from the ground up. Seriously why would you keep expanding on a lousy foundation and try to prolong that?

Maybe find a way to integrate PoE1 chars to PoE2 and go from there...

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
Seriously why would you keep expanding on a lousy foundation and try to prolong that?

Because starting everything from zero would be fucking expensive. I'm not sure GGG could afford it even if they wanted to (it would also be a terrible decision from a business point of view).
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Anything to limit desync. Please.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info