Community Poll: Game Engine Development vs Content Development

I recognize that the game engine can be improved (fps drops due to skills, strongboxes, etc), but why do people keep bringing up desync? It's already been stated by Chris that desync cannot be fixed.
1, but with a small team that works on QoL stuff.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
1) Add act IV.
2) Add the trade thingie in what ever form it will be.
3) Bring balance to solo vs group play.
4) Quit changing stuff... take a month off and then get to work on another game.
Clearly 1 even it means rewriting 50% of the game.

"
Shogen wrote:
1. Improve desync
2. Optimize skill effects performance
3. Screen zoom out more

^^

I forgot about screen zoom. Dear christ yes. I have no idea why this wasn't in the game since day one.
Who balanced this stuff?
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
"
pookyfied wrote:
post "1" if you wish GGG would spend more time on developing the game engine and desync.

post "2" if you wish GGG should continue pouring out content.

post "3" if you want both.

My post........1

-Pookyfied

They can't change the game engine at this point .

So I guess I'll go for content .
"
skaterboy80 wrote:
"
pookyfied wrote:
post "1" if you wish GGG would spend more time on developing the game engine and desync.

post "2" if you wish GGG should continue pouring out content.

post "3" if you want both.

My post........1

-Pookyfied

They can't change the game engine at this point .

So I guess I'll go for content .

i think you know what i mean though. Basically what you want them to put the most time and effort towards right now. I think its safe to say that a lot of the communtiy wants them to combat desync instead of bring out newer content. I think some ppl dont care but i certainly can enjoy the current content if there was less lagg and desync, and believe it or not, there are things they can do to make it happen less.
Here until the end.
Last edited by pookyfied on Oct 22, 2014, 1:48:11 PM
To those voting for 3, are you happy with what we have now? Because 3 is what we have now.

My only complaints with this game stem from poor optimization, and the refusal to design areas and content around the engine. Big fucking emphasis on that second part.

Sorry to say it, but the areas in this game need to look a lot more like D3's. Not talkin about the art style here (because, just... ew) I'm talkin about open areas with little clutter, and few choices to be made by AI/the client.

With simpler area design, this game's engine in its current state could perform beautifully. I just don't understand why this isn't happening.

On another topic, multiplayer in this game is simply awful. Like, it gives me a headache almost immediately. Between the particle effects and the massive amount of loot hitting the ground, my brain cannot keep up with what is happening on the screen at any given moment. It's just a snowstorm of effects and words and effects and more words.

My girlfriend plays WoW, and every once in a while I look at her screen with all the floating damage numbers, and myriad little icons, and spells going off, and I think holy crap, how can you make heads or tails of that nonsense? I realized that when I party in POE, her screen is my screen.

So, something really does need to give there. This isn't a git betr hardware n00b thing, this is a sensory overload of epic proportions... thing.

In short, GGG, (as if you're even reading this clearly feedback post in GD), your design team is not making good choices. I love this game. I want it to FEEL better.

A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Antnee wrote:
To those voting for 3, are you happy with what we have now? Because 3 is what we have now.

My only complaints with this game stem from poor optimization, and the refusal to design areas and content around the engine. Big fucking emphasis on that second part.

Sorry to say it, but the areas in this game need to look a lot more like D3's. Not talkin about the art style here (because, just... ew) I'm talkin about open areas with little clutter, and few choices to be made by AI/the client.

With simpler area design, this game's engine in its current state could perform beautifully. I just don't understand why this isn't happening.

On another topic, multiplayer in this game is simply awful. Like, it gives me a headache almost immediately. Between the particle effects and the massive amount of loot hitting the ground, my brain cannot keep up with what is happening on the screen at any given moment. It's just a snowstorm of effects and words and effects and more words.

My girlfriend plays WoW, and every once in a while I look at her screen with all the floating damage numbers, and myriad little icons, and spells going off, and I think holy crap, how can you make heads or tails of that nonsense? I realized that when I party in POE, her screen is my screen.

So, something really does need to give there. This isn't a git betr hardware n00b thing, this is a sensory overload of epic proportions... thing.

In short, GGG, (as if you're even reading this clearly feedback post in GD), your design team is not making good choices. I love this game. I want it to FEEL better.

Common sense and logic dictate i award you a +1 and bump your post.

The bolted part in particular is reason for a lot of stress and complaints and a massive detriment to the QoL experience when playing.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
CalamityAOE wrote:
Neither

Vote poe2

Only problem I have with this option is the world will probably have been destroyed by aliens by the time it takes to come out with poe2.

No need for aliens. We will destroy ourselves just fine on our own;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info