Community Poll: Game Engine Development vs Content Development

but it will never happen.
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.

I notice dsync when using melee splash and multistrike. Playing a ground slammer with multi strike to high 60's and virtually no dsync whatsoever. Something about those two skills together just dsyncs me like crazy. Using a skill specifically designed as an AOE and no dsync.
Like this poll would change anything.
"
Antnee wrote:
To those voting for 3, are you happy with what we have now? Because 3 is what we have now.

Yes, I vote 3 and I am very happy with what we have now.

This is probably the game I've played which have got the least number of hackers/cheaters. If they moved more files to the client, it would be a hacker's paradise like most games are. If I play on a server god knows how far away from me, there will be desync in one way or the other. This I find acceptable.

I like new content the most, but I do understand that optimization is required too. Thus "3".
Tide goes in, tide goes out. You can't explain that.
Last edited by Nutius on Oct 23, 2014, 7:53:40 AM
and more 1
.... #
.. ##
. # #
.... #
.... #
.... #
. #####

You can't build a sky scraper ( 10 acts ) on top of a swamp without first pouring some piles for the foundation to sit on. Right now PoE has no foundation at all. It will never happen that they focus on the game itself. It took what, 7-8 years to come out with what they have ? They sure as hell aren't going to scrap almost a decade and start over. I guess we are just stuck with what we have.....happy FPS drops, disconnects, lag, inability to zoom, and desync everyone.
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
Last edited by buhdunkadunk on Oct 23, 2014, 8:17:23 AM
they should remove eternal orbs, then i would be the happiest player of path of exile
Not even a strawpoll.... :((

I don't expect them to code a next gen graphics engine, I don't expect them to come out with new fresh content every month (F2P game)

What I do expect from GGG, is to take into consideration their limited 3D engine / netcode, when they implement new content. Something they are failing at too, sadly.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Oct 23, 2014, 9:31:50 AM

Option 3 is not neccessary. Just 1 or 2 is fine
Hehhehe
Shouldnt we probably have another poll first?

1 - if you want GGG to keep scheduling a meeting every day at noon to laugh hysterically at all of our suggestions

2 - if you want GGG to listen to feedback

On topic, obviously 1.

At the rate theyre going, it would be more efficient to train their current staff to do the needed work and stop making butterfly wings.
"just for try, for see and for know"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info