Community Poll: Game Engine Development vs Content Development

"
NeroNoah wrote:
It's not like the people doing content are the same that those who work on the engine...

I wouldn't be so sure of that. New content requires new coding and mechanics. An artist isn't going to program the new skills used in a boss fight. Depending on how large their programming team is at this point, it seems extremely likely that something like act 4 would take away development time from engine improvements.

I wouldn't even mind Act 4 being delayed to improve the game. There is no worse game experience than not being able to play or being inconvenienced by bugs, glitches or lack of friendly features.

I can't stress enough how little I care about new content if there's still crazy amounts of de-sync.

Personally I'm on a basic DSL line (poor college student) but still absolutely love playing this game. A lot of times I get hindered by slow periods causing legit lag, and desync. It wouldn't fix my problems 100%, sure, but fixing the desync issues would certainly make my play experience way better. I'd go so far as to buy more microtransactions in celebration
GGG - Why you no?
I've always firmly been in the boat of improving upon and fixing existing content rather than just piling on more.

I would accept no new content for a year if it meant large improvements to their netcode and game engine to not take a dump all over me as often.

That or the ability to organize my MTX tabs.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Last edited by CliveHowlitzer on Oct 22, 2014, 1:37:11 AM
"
I would accept no new content for a year if it meant large improvements to their netcode and game engine to not take a dump all over me as often.

That or the ability to organize my MTX tabs.

Meanwhile at PoE HQ, "coin toss for engine + netcode re-haul or mtx tab guys?"

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
1, there's no point in new content if the current content handles like ass.
Seriously, new Merveille fight looks cool, but it's a freaking slideshow to play. Same with Brutus. It's horrible. It's like the people who make the content have no idea how to optimise. Nor have any idea about desync or even play the actual game. Just burn out new content like a Chinese factory, leaving other people to pick up the pieces.

If necessary, fire the people who are currently making the new content, move the company to UK or US and redevelop the engine. After that is solid, you can go back to Kiwiland and keep making new shit with the people you fired before.

Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
Last edited by Hyskoa on Oct 22, 2014, 4:13:01 AM
3, but more leaning towards 1.

Desynchis important to fix, but also graphic optimization is direly needed too. PoE is right now the worst optimized game after M&M X:Legacy on 32bit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info