Community Poll: Game Engine Development vs Content Development

No Fun Allowed
“Seek not greater wealth, but simpler pleasure; not higher fortune, but deeper felicity.”
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
1. They need to stop fearing the loss of players due to 'lack of new content' and get back to fixing up some of the foundations of this precarious superstructure.

This. The small QoL changes coming this patch mean a lot to me. Now imagine if GGG would actually focus on doing this for a couple of months straight.

Can't believe I am actually agreeing with you 2 but this is the right answer.
1. desynch über alles!
"
Fresh original and exciting discussion sure to bring fresh new ideas to the table 12/10 will set as homepage

Also, 1, 2, and 4 (i am a non-conformist)

Not sure if serious or trolling.

Spoiler
who am i kidding, your always serious

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
3, but if I have to pick one or the other I'd pick 2...
Love the content releases. It's been a slow past few months.
When i see all the Posts about Nr. 1 i ask me how long you guys play the Game...

I play since day 1 or 2 of OB start.

I have more then 4k hours Playtime and i can say, that GGG improved the Game/Engine alot so far.

Early-Mid OB... Jees that was a time :)

Sure, GGG could Focus abit more on Improving and take a less Care about new Content. But after all the Time i played this Game, i can say, they do something. Not very fast, but as your Girlfriends will say too: "Slow and Steady"

Please Keep in Mind Lads, that this Game is 100% Free to Play, without a Downside or Pay to Win Shop.
(well stash tabs are something different :) )

I think GGG have a 30/70 or 20/80 Ratio about Improvement/New Stuff.

I personally would preffer a more 50/50 or 60/40 Ratio, but at the very Last, they need to sell Stuff.

And to be honest, new Stuff sells better then "polished old" one. Even when the new Stuff dont work 100%.

Someone wrote: "Stop PoE 1 and bring PoE 2 out"

It is confirmed that PoE will have atleast 10 Acts Storyline. And when you look how long it took from OB till now to get 1 Act more (or a half one :) ).
Then you will notice that in the next 10 Years there will not be a PoE 2 out.

I dont try to defend GGG here, but you Guys should think about there Side of the Coin, not only yours.

They dont make this Game to play for themself or just for fun. Atleast its there to earn Money, you should never forget this.

my 2 chromes.

Light

Edith forgot something:

If you dont like PoE in his current State, take a break. I did it myself several Times, when i didnt liked some of GGG's Decisions.
But after all i return every Time, because its the best Game in this Genre Bracket for me and i tryd nearly all ARPGS.

Dia 1+2+3
Divine Divinity 1+2
Torchlight
Van Hellsing 1+2
Marvel Heroes

So take a Break guys, and come back after 3-6 Month and enjoy a "feels brand new" Game.
Last edited by Lightshard on Oct 22, 2014, 6:55:01 AM
Neither

Vote poe2

Only problem I have with this option is the world will probably have been destroyed by aliens by the time it takes to come out with poe2.
Last edited by CalamityAOE on Oct 22, 2014, 6:55:21 AM
I would Say fixing the game Engine is Important yes, but then again back in Diablo 2 Desync also existed, to say that Desync is completely ruining your gaming experience is a bit far fetch for me...

I have little problems with Desync myself, Probably because I don't play CoC / discharge etc, There are ways of getting out of desync, like using a moment skill etc, Desync can be easily minimized by optimal game play strategy, such as DO not walk into a pack of monsters and expect not to get away, Don't get stunned, no Movement skill around doorways and narrow Corridors. By actually having High attack speeds on movement skills limits desync, the same goes for High movement speed.

But honestly, I Just reached level 97 today, I have 3 original mirror crafted items. there is a distinctive lack of content, everyone thing you ever wanted has been crafted, Every build has been done. Almost reached level capped.

I have played this game a little over half a year, ( of course I have little life, I play ALOT (like 12-14 hours a day) I haven't played for long, How bored do you think the the guys from beta are?

I know a few mirror service Friends, we talk quite frequently, just lately We're talking about the option of quitting poe for a while~

Also Game devlopers has 2 Departments, there's a depart for 1 & 2 The things from Devlopment team 1 rarely comes out in small bulks, We'll most likely seem em in Act 4, whereas #2 Is a ongoing cycle and they've been working on other stuff lately, such as PVP / Race/ more ACT 4 etc, So the stuff from Team 2 is abit lacking atm. (Patch Delay)

Therefore, "2"
[Gear & Club] ¯\(°_°)/¯ #1 Professional Afk Club /2133058
[Hideout] New Oriath /2505008
[Pvp Trophy] PVP #1 EU & US EA /1591888 | | BM EA /1431163
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
"God's in his Heaven, All's right with the world!" IGN: Libritannia
Last edited by 1Tokimeki2003 on Oct 22, 2014, 6:59:31 AM
1. Improve desync
2. Optimize skill effects performance
3. Screen zoom out more

^^
"
symban wrote:
3, but more leaning towards 1.

Desynchis important to fix, but also graphic optimization is direly needed too. PoE is right now the worst optimized game after M&M X:Legacy on 32bit.

I think it is hilarious you mentioned that game because I just started playing it, even on 64-bit. My laptop gets so hot while playing it and it runs like total ass despite my laptop being a beast. I even thought to myself "This thing is almost as bad as PoE."
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info