[1.3 Video Guide] Tanky Beginners End-Game Viable Crit Ice-Shot-Puncture Build! [HC/SC Viable]

Thanks a lot for the detailed Video, its rly good!

As u said that u are fine with some questions...

1. Do you think your build could work with split arrow + chain too? how would u build a priorized 6l then?

2. What do you think about getting the Aura Passives between Scion/Shadow/Ranger so u can use some more Auras? ( Hatred + Grace ?!? all 3 Heralds ?!? )

3. I'm lvl 42 so far and even with wurms molt i had to take mind drinker to get enough mana, so do you think i can get rid of it as soon as i get more dmg? maybe even both the skill and the unique?

4. Any Tipps for opening those Monster Chests with this build? I'm always damn scared to open them! ^^

IGN: Xorack
Last edited by Xorack on Dec 19, 2014, 6:49:04 PM
Just ripped on my first bloodlines character, gonna try this next. Thank you for the very easy and straightforward guide, I've struggled to find a 1.3 HC build that doesn't drown you in information but I'm glad this doesn't, has all the basic information to understand the build plus an optional detailed video. Very well done sir!
Very nice build as I love Ice Shot, currently mowing through normal.

Since I have Alpha's Howl I think it would be a pretty slick combo. Perhaps run Reduced Mana + Grace + Some Elemental Aura.

Am also contemplating if I should perhaps use this

I also have Worm's Molt... Maybe together or switch hmmm
"
Xorack wrote:
Thanks a lot for the detailed Video, its rly good!

As u said that u are fine with some questions...

1. Do you think your build could work with split arrow + chain too? how would u build a priorized 6l then?

2. What do you think about getting the Aura Passives between Scion/Shadow/Ranger so u can use some more Auras? ( Hatred + Grace ?!? all 3 Heralds ?!? )

3. I'm lvl 42 so far and even with wurms molt i had to take mind drinker to get enough mana, so do you think i can get rid of it as soon as i get more dmg? maybe even both the skill and the unique?

4. Any Tipps for opening those Monster Chests with this build? I'm always damn scared to open them! ^^

My pleasure man!

1. It can work yea. The same goes for Tornado Shot. For split arrow I would go: Split Arrow, Chain, Critical hit chance, Physical projectile damage, Faster attacks, Added fire damage

2. That can definitely work, you will have to experiment with what you enjoy the most :)

3. With more damage the mana you are going to leech, so yea as you get more damage you will be able to only use Wurms or Mind Drinker.

4. Use Smoke Mine :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
Just ripped on my first bloodlines character, gonna try this next. Thank you for the very easy and straightforward guide, I've struggled to find a 1.3 HC build that doesn't drown you in information but I'm glad this doesn't, has all the basic information to understand the build plus an optional detailed video. Very well done sir!

Thank you very much for the kind feedback mate :)
"
LuxDelux wrote:
Very nice build as I love Ice Shot, currently mowing through normal.

Since I have Alpha's Howl I think it would be a pretty slick combo. Perhaps run Reduced Mana + Grace + Some Elemental Aura.

Am also contemplating if I should perhaps use this

I also have Worm's Molt... Maybe together or switch hmmm

Nice man, Alpha's is great! Instead of Slitherpinch I would go for Maligaro's Virtuosity =)
I'm thinking of upgrading my helmet since I've kept the one I got from A1 Normal and I'm in Merciless now.. How hard was it to get RRRB on that helmet? I don't want to try to buy the similar base type and end up losing all my chromes.
This is a quick write up I made for a friend.

Build
Until 50:
http://poeurl.com/y9i433j

There are plenty of nodes around for +int and +str which you will need while leveling. Use refunds later on to remove them when you get gear with high attributes on it. Eventually you'll have enough stats on your gear so that you won't need to pick any stat nodes.

End Game:
http://poeurl.com/y9nNtWk

gems:

blink: i use this as a filler if something doesn't match colors, so just throw it anywhere. it's just not that great to link with anything particular yet.

ice shot+pierce (must), crit damage (high priority), ele prolif, crit strikes

puncture
(trap is optional here, and recommended... I don't like traps, personal pref. I tried it with deerstalkers free 5 link and it was bad ass.)
puncture+phys proj dmg, crit damage, anything you want really faster attacks it's all flexible.

original recommended aura setup is:
hatred, grace, herald of ash, reduced mana
This was with the build including Charisma, thing is it's really hard to get all 3 running even with the reduced mana reserved so i usually switch it up.

(blink fits in here sometimes)

i run hatred while leveling, grace when i get to late cruel/early merc

herald of ash i'll sometimes split up into its own links it's pretty badass increased aoe is best, then add burning damage it's pretty gg.

assassin's mark, blood magic, increased aoe, faster casting (or blink)

CWDT, Enduring Cry, Immortal Call, Increased duration
Last edited by sibbleTV on Dec 22, 2014, 6:38:51 PM
I guess it's impossible to run Hatred + Grace + Herald of Ash (with Ele Prolif and Increased Burning Damage) without Reduced Mana gem(s) lvl 20 even with 12% reduced mana reserved from nodes... It's sad because my clearing speed at merciless Docks without Hatred is so shitty and my weapon isn't that bad:

Last edited by Snakorek on Dec 23, 2014, 9:51:16 AM
Thanks for another awesome guide Lifting. Can you please give 5 & 6l options and maybe update the uniques section for those of us that want to push the build further?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info