[1.3 Video Guide] Tanky Beginners End-Game Viable Crit Ice-Shot-Puncture Build! [HC/SC Viable]

If any of you guys have questions towards the build and would like me to answer them in person, then come to my twitch stream on http://www.twitch.tv/liftingnerdbro/

:)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
In case anybody is wondering, then yes - this build is very viable for the 1-week race :)
Hey there,

First of all, thanks a lot for the build. It has been the most fun I've played on PoE yet. I wanted to play a safe long range character, and this suits me the best.

I tried to play a few other builds tho and while yours seems to be the most awesome one, I kinda miss a few nodes of the other builds, especially while leveling.

Revelry (below King of the Hill) Quickstep (3 points bottom of Finesse) and Mind Drinker (just over Blood Drinker) are the ones I'm missing the most. I mean, I love Movement Speed and the sustain the two others provide is plain insane for leveling. Is there a reason you're not picking these up? Is Wurm's Molt supposed to compensate for all of this? Why are these picked up in Tornado Shot builds compared to this?

If it's possible to pick them up, what would you leave for it? Would you use Regrets at a certain point?

Thanks a lot!
Last edited by Gallaxe on Nov 28, 2014, 11:42:37 AM
THIS BUILD WILL BE UPDATED AND READY WHEN PATCH 1.3 HITS THE SERVERS!

As for questions. Let's wait until patch 1.3 as lots of stuff is going to change :)
"
THIS BUILD WILL BE UPDATED AND READY WHEN PATCH 1.3 HITS THE SERVERS!

As for questions. Let's wait until patch 1.3 as lots of stuff is going to change :)

Sweet, I'm going to try this build on 1.3...can't wait
Finally!!! i have been looking ofr an Ice shoot build, and her it is thx bro ;)
What do you think about this build in 1.3?
Stay out of the shadows, playboy.
"
Zariel wrote:
What do you think about this build in 1.3?

I still think it is very viable and strong build. The nerf to puncture will be felt, however the skill itself should still be strong. If not frenzy will be a good alternative :)

Updating the guide within the next 6 hours :)
Build has now been updated for 1.3. Since the new 1.3 skill-tree isn't on the live servers until later tonight you need to paste the skill-tree link into the 1.3 offline skill-tree calculator or watch the video instead :)

UPDATE HIGHLIGHTS FOR THE BUILD:
- More life
- Puncture damage nerf (consider using frenzy instead)
- Small but insignificant crit multiplier nerf.

The build is still very solid and should do fine in any endgame content.

GG guys! :)
Thanks for your effort and for keeping up the build to date. I really liked your videos and appreciate your friendliness and plainness explaining every point. I'll absolutely try this build in 1.3! :)

I don't see a mention in these notes of the Ice Shot fix Mark mentioned a few weeks ago (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1110694/page/2 ). I wonder if they decided not to release the fix just yet (as it'd be a noticable nerf to the skill), or if just got missed from the bug fix list. What do you think?
Stay out of the shadows, playboy.
Last edited by Zariel on Dec 12, 2014, 2:07:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info