[1.3 Video Guide] Tanky Beginners End-Game Viable Crit Ice-Shot-Puncture Build! [HC/SC Viable]

"
Valkoon wrote:
Thanks for another awesome guide Lifting. Can you please give 5 & 6l options and maybe update the uniques section for those of us that want to push the build further?

I second this. I am currently level 80 and enjoying the build but am currently considering switching to Tornado shot as those builds show the "Ultimate end goal" so to speak. Right now I have no what my end game gear should look like. I am currently doing 73 maps fine and want to push the build further.

I currently have 9kDPS on Iceshot and 7K on puncture but its starting to feel underwhelming at points. Sometimes I'll one shot a back, but rares / blues are already become a hassle. If anyone could tell me where to improve my gear or what to look / put in a 5/6l I would appreciate it.

Also feel free to point out if anything is drastically wrong in my gear / setup. thanks.

Gear in the spoiler.
Spoiler
"
Valkoon wrote:
Also feel free to point out if anything is drastically wrong in my gear / setup. thanks.

I wouldn't use Additional Accuracy unless it had decent quality on it (quality on that gem will increase crit chance.)

Even with a q20 additional accuracy gem I dunno if I'd still use it. Without Additional Accuracy you should be at LEAST 80% Chance to Hit, which in my opinion is enough for a projectile that pierces through targets.

For 5L and 6L I would do:

1: Ice Shot first (main attack)
2: Pierce
3: Increased Critical Damage
4: Elemental Proliferation
5: Increased Critical Strikes
6: Weapon Elemental Damage

I can't stress how much Increased Critical Damage is a must for Ice Shot/Pierce

1: Puncture (secondary single-target attack)
2: Trap
3: Point Blank
4: Increased Critical Damage
5: Physical Projectile Attack Damage
6: Increased Critical Strikes or Weapon Elemental Damage or Item Rarity

This is top single target DPS setup for puncture.
Last edited by sibbleTV on Dec 25, 2014, 10:08:16 AM
"

Use Diamond rings to get crit chance. Find amu with crit multi. Use dex helm and gloves with accuracy. Ur gear need more life.

Build is cheap and effective if u dance a lot and kill them in line or packs. There is no life reg so chaos mobs/ground can be problem. Im soloing with this and didnt farm domi.

My Gear with prices I paid
Spoiler

7c 223dps
got as drop and will replace soon with
drop too

3c
will replace with cha res and acc
7c
3c 10alch

3c
10c total to cap res
1alch

Total 33c 11alch ... cheap

Stats at lvl80
Spoiler

Life: 4.3k
Eva: 6.3k
Life reg: 43 ... pain ;p
Mov speed: 46%

Ice Shoot dps 10k
Chance to hit 87%
Crit Ch 50%
Crit Mul 378%
Pierce 97%

Punct dps 8k
Chance to hit 92%
Crit Ch 53%
Crit Mul 477%
Pierce 40%
My dps is like 10k and 8k, I cant even do dominus which my arc build would easily do. Not really liking the build now, sort of fallen off late game. I have 55% crit chance and 92% hit chance but the build all of a sudden feels weak vs rares / dominus.
Last edited by GGZII on Dec 25, 2014, 8:10:48 PM
"
NambrVan wrote:
"

Use Diamond rings to get crit chance. Find amu with crit multi. Use dex helm and gloves with accuracy. Ur gear need more life.

Build is cheap and effective if u dance a lot and kill them in line or packs. There is no life reg so chaos mobs/ground can be problem. Im soloing with this and didnt farm domi.

My Gear with prices I paid
Spoiler

7c 223dps
got as drop and will replace soon with
drop too

3c
will replace with cha res and acc
7c
3c 10alch

3c
10c total to cap res
1alch

Total 33c 11alch ... cheap

Stats at lvl80
Spoiler

Life: 4.3k
Eva: 6.3k
Life reg: 43 ... pain ;p
Mov speed: 46%

Ice Shoot dps 10k
Chance to hit 87%
Crit Ch 50%
Crit Mul 378%
Pierce 97%

Punct dps 8k
Chance to hit 92%
Crit Ch 53%
Crit Mul 477%
Pierce 40%

How do you have the strength and stuff? I am stuck using my amulet that gives 44 to all
"
How do you have the strength and stuff? I am stuck using my amulet that gives 44 to all

I have 114int, 111str (57 from gear) and 322dex

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4DHgW1BfkGIwguCIkWvxmOH0EhdiLqI_YknST9JpUqCypbMHEwfDH6MgE2PTnUOkJDNkp9S1dLeE2SUUdS7FVLVvpbr2HiYetiWmKsZ6BsjG1sb55wUnGhdvd3B3fXefZ6U311fyuDCYbOhxOHdow2jX2Nv49PlQWa8Zsmm42btZyknaqgn6Gkp9SxMLIZtQi1SLvjwOPBM8LswzrEospKz3rTftQj1orcFd0N3ajh2-Of51TndOjW7YPxs_Pq_MX-uv7I_94=
Thank you for this nice easy build

im curently almsot 80 (28% till 80) with ~11k ice and ~9-10k puncture

idk if i will be able to do easy 72+ but 70 and less is alright atm.

still missing few link and gems and herald of thunder atm do the job well till i got herald of ash.
"
azuredreamer wrote:
Thank you for this nice easy build

im curently almsot 80 (28% till 80) with ~11k ice and ~9-10k puncture

idk if i will be able to do easy 72+ but 70 and less is alright atm.

still missing few link and gems and herald of thunder atm do the job well till i got herald of ash.

pm items and links man
ign- Fredziu_cie_zabije
Hey thanks for the guide. I have been playing it since a week after 1.3 launch and I am enjoying myself thouroghly. I was wondering if you think the Prismweave belt is good for this build. That is if I have the 2% mana leech elsewhere.

"why kaom still in game?" - crazytrain411
"cos noone kill him yet" - Rhys

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/532639/page/2
Hey LNB, wonderful guide! I'm still pretty new to the game and I don't really understand what dictates which property of a skill gem is influenced by quality.

Which gems would higher quality have the greatest benefit on this build? Thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info