let's talk about your responses to "I Quit because loot system" threads

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
i stuck with d3 in orginaal inferno when a1 capable drops only droped in act3... drops here are good...i dont suffer those fools

I miss D3 with the Auction House and the original incarnation of Inferno difficulty.

PoE is vastly superior, but I enjoyed the D3 of back then for a different reason.
"
johnKeys wrote:
considering I'm here playing for about two thousand hours

I've said this so many time John, please listen to me for once.

Nothing before maps counts as playtime in terms of wealth generating. You most likely have 50 hours in maps considering your characters levels.

It's not much.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:

Nothing before maps counts as playtime in terms of wealth generating. You most likely have 50 hours in maps considering your characters levels.

It's not much.

*snicker.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Path of elitism. It's a fine, fine gaming community. Please join us!
"

It's not elitist in any sense and besides if john is good at maths he can tell me what the chance of a rare item spawning one life stat and two resist stat is (which in fact you only need to find two of those now since master crafting exists), how many rare items he needs to identify to get a 90%+ probability of finding such an item, calculate how many rares per hour you can find and eventually work out that if you spend 2000 hours on PoE and can't complete a character, there must be something wrong with his gameplay or definition of 2000 hours.

In this case, I am simply prompting john that his definition of game time and what PoE calls game time are completely different.

You can simply not count time spent in Act 1 Normal - Act 3 Merciless as any equivalent to a player do 66+ maps.

Besides it doesn't take a genius to work out that if you make a minimum 1 Chaos per hour (very very conservative, I typically make 1-2 chaos per map) of gameplay and he's played 2000 hours, where the fuck are your exalts John?

TL;DR, johnKeys has not played 2000 endgame hours.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Oct 23, 2014, 10:52:45 AM
Always like JohnKeys threads, kinda whinning but always argumented and constructed.

My idea of what you are doing wrong, you and only you decided to play the game at the slowest speed (solo, no trade, etc) so yeah be prepared for another 2000hours of nothing, because the rates are really really low.

But in some ways i agree with you, I also get "screwed" by many things :

-I tried to craft, used all my wealth to get a worse item that I would have get by saving and buying it
-I tried to play solo, was fun for a time, but totally unrewarding = boring after some dozens of hours
-I tried to play only one char to full gear it with end game, my play time is limited because I have a job and a life so I just gave up on having one big char.

So I tried to improve from those mistakes instead of cursing GGG (it's maybe right/reasonnable sometimes but useless) trying different chars, PLaying in party with people I trust/share items-currencies/farm with + brainless dominus runs ^^.
I also put some MF gear, and build an MF char, and build a char able to kill atziri (some cheap builds can)
I trade/sell stuff.
But even with that, my mate who play far less than me, with 0 MF had 1 soul taker, 2 windripper, 1 shav in ONE week. After hundreds of hour my best loot so far is sin trek :]

To conclude, try to play the game the way THEY designed it, and stop smashing your head in a dead end road, lower your objectives, you will only get your end game char by luck, go RF incinerate, go farm solo some sacrifices pieces, go kill atziri, maybe you'll get what you want after that.
Last edited by 4phex on Oct 23, 2014, 11:09:38 AM
"
johnKeys wrote:

people with IIR and IIQ will have better loot in the long run. remember their dice have one side less than yours. but nothing is guaranteed by skill, and both you and them sure do feel the grind.

The richest people in the ladder leagues are those who smash the hardest content with no IIR/IIQ. Magic finding to them is tedious chump work. Your zeal for your opinions of the meta of something that you don't seem to know much about is impressive though.

It is obvious that all you really want from a game is something that looks very hard, but is impossible to fail at kinda like WoW LFR.
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Oct 23, 2014, 11:26:36 AM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:

It's not much.

ok you know what? I'll put a stop to these "but y u no map?" arguments once and for all, by being as honest as I possibly can. yes, I'll get trolled for it. don't give a shit.

off topic long read. John Keys' exposed nerves. click here

out of my ~2000 hours of Path Of Exile, well over 1000 were in Open Beta. pretty much no-life.
well in Open Beta, you could drop pretty much anything anywhere, map or not. this thing where you need to be doing maps level >X to get BiS unique Y? a recent addition. if one can call the almost a year since release "recent".
now-"legacy" Kaom's and Shavs dropped in Act 3 from barrels, because the game was even less risk/reward then, than it is now.

life as an under-geared melee in "primordial" Act 3 Merciless, playing on a toaster - was a nightmare.
died like a damned fly. pre-nerf dogs. pre-nerf Whipping and Tentacle Miscreations that hit like a ton of bricks and applied Vulnerability curses to one-shot you with the next hit... you name it, I died to it at least once.
even got to Act 3 merciless thanks to buying a hammer with my first-ever Divine. yes, "trade to progress or you're fucked", at its finest.
and it got even worse in early maps. got murdered by everything. ended maps with negative EXP gain, and that's *if* I could actually take down a boss without running out of portals, or even enter a map without client-crashing.

so I farmed farming spots. Docks. Fellshrine. Dread Thicket. Ledge.... everything. literally hundreds of hours each.
dropped nothing. my melee was getting absolutely nowhere, despite me respeccing it to a better build following some good people's advice.
so made alts. got them to Merciless. act 1. act 2. act 3. one of them is my new Main.
loot was just utter fucking crap. trade my last orbs for upgrades, suck at selling, dirt-poor.

mapped a bit with great guys like Blubber and many many others. couldn't contribute any orbs. died. client crashed. DPS below zero. frustrated as hell.

then met Bill, Anu and Morbo. and started mapping seriously, for the first time ever. highest maps of the lot. unique maps. crazy-rolled maps. got some upgrades for both main melee and alts. still died like a bitch. still crashed because Morbo was playing Spark Totem back then, which was extremely anti-toaster. not blaming him, blaming game optimization which by god didn't actually get significantly better after all this time.
crashed wasting portals. played at least half a second behind the rest because of lag and frame drops. the guys didn't care. they didn't even care I couldn't contribute orbs to the mapping effort. but I did. I can't be a leecher. and when the drops just stopped and I was back at square one, it was the last straw and I ultimately quit mapping. the guys ran out of currency too, and each went their separate ways. Bill went out with a bang, with Anuhart's help, and quit for good. offered me his great "now-legacy" Shavs-from-Docks. free. I said no. want to earn my own stuff.
Morbo took a break from the game. got back angry self-found.
Anu started no-life solo Streaming. clocked six. thousand. hours. still not half as "rich" as the average trade-tycoon. still struggling to get to level 100.

never again, I pledged. by god never map again.
(yes I'm back to mapping now. yes, still nothing. hundreds of hours map time @Chunda. less than one hundred hours effective map time. minus 9001 hours effective loot time. utter crap 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the time.
dropped my pride and begged Anu for a Lioneye's Glare. would get anywhere near where I'm now, without it).

but back to grinding my fucking brains out in farming spots, and leveling alts. until release and beyond.
got into HC. got into temp leagues. got into racing. and back in SC got nothing in high level content areas. couldn't upgrade my bought hammer in over half a year. and it wasn't even "good" by any standards.
Exalts from random Ledge barrels, almost 3/4 my level.
no orbs unless trade.
no gear unless trade.
fuck.

I'll just stop here.
you can read this, say I'm bad and start trolling. it should give you plenty of "ammo" to troll me.
or you can try to counter me with your own honest recap, and honestly say the game was good to you. RNG was good to you.
I wager you either don't have the balls, or are just going to lie.
when RNG is designed for all intents and purposes to fuck with you physically and mentally, you are on a one-way trip to the get-fucked-by-RNG-city of indescribable, endless frustration.

so you trade-tycoon. IIR grind with parties and a culler. avoid RNG as much as you can, instead of being stupid fucking John Keys who still tries to take it head on, and loses every. single. time.

so many of my Open Beta friends and "brothers in arms", are now "rich" and around level 100.
simply because they figured out playing this damned game like an ARPG, means joining me on that train bound absolutely fucking nowhere. so they got off the train. I won't.

I care about this game. love it. it does so many things so damn right. enough to make this a hopeless addiction.
and yet it does a couple of things so damn wrong, it's just ridiculous.
I want to change this game, into the awesome fucking ARPG it deserves to be.
pretentious? maybe. but I won't stop trying until I leave.

hopefully you will all consider this, next time you allow yourself to lecture, judge or troll someone you know absolutely nothing about.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Oct 23, 2014, 1:05:13 PM
RNG is fine in this game
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"

It's not elitist in any sense and besides if john is good at maths he can tell me what the chance of a rare item spawning one life stat and two resist stat is (which in fact you only need to find two of those now since master crafting exists), how many rare items he needs to identify to get a 90%+ probability of finding such an item, calculate how many rares per hour you can find and eventually work out that if you spend 2000 hours on PoE and can't complete a character, there must be something wrong with his gameplay or definition of 2000 hours.

In this case, I am simply prompting john that his definition of game time and what PoE calls game time are completely different.

You can simply not count time spent in Act 1 Normal - Act 3 Merciless as any equivalent to a player do 66+ maps.

Besides it doesn't take a genius to work out that if you make a minimum 1 Chaos per hour (very very conservative, I typically make 1-2 chaos per map) of gameplay and he's played 2000 hours, where the fuck are your exalts John?

TL;DR, johnKeys has not played 2000 endgame hours.

Hey look he retorted xD Chaun what shall you do vs John! naoz
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info