let's talk about your responses to "I Quit because loot system" threads

"

Hey look he retorted xD Chaun what shall you do vs John! naoz

[Removed by Support]
I spill my damned guts out, trying to teach you guys a lesson.
lesson is: respect others. even in the complete anonymity of the internet.

this entire thread is about respect, a lot more than it is about the actual loot system.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by Jared_GGG on Oct 23, 2014, 6:01:32 PM
"
johnKeys wrote:
"

Hey look he retorted xD Chaun what shall you do vs John! naoz

[Removed by Support]
I spill my damned guts out, trying to teach you guys a lesson.
lesson is: respect others. even in the complete anonymity of the internet.

this entire thread is about respect, a lot more than it is about the actual loot system.

You haven't done any end game have you?
I love teddy bears.
Last edited by Jared_GGG on Oct 23, 2014, 6:01:43 PM
A last comment, because I've said most of what I wanted to say.

I think that part of your problem is the horrible graphic lag that makes you impossible to play properly in maps.

Anyway, maybe you have a point about the loot system, or not, but there are people (even playing solo) that can get to the end game somehow. It's not like GGG has just ignored this (consider the changes to linking, unique drop rate changes by rarity, masters and strongboxes).

I'll play and experience a lot more before questioning you again, I guess. Still, Risk-Reward is not a dogma for me, specially when it's so ill defined.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
NeroNoah wrote:
A last comment, because I've said most of what I wanted to say.

I think that part of your problem is the horrible graphic lag that makes you impossible to play properly in maps.

Anyway, maybe you have a point about the loot system, or not, but there are people (even playing solo) that can get to the end game somehow. It's not like GGG has just ignored this (consider the changes to linking, unique drop rate changes by rarity, masters and strongboxes).

I'll play and experience a lot more before questioning you again, I guess. Still, Risk-Reward is not a dogma for me, specially when it's so ill defined.

truth be told, I enjoyed reading most of your comments.
like DalaiLama's, they prove it is possible to disagree without being a dick about it.

considering this thread will never reach all of its pre-set goals, and considering the PoE community thankfully still has people like you in it - I consider my mission here, accomplished.

individual points:

1) yes, optimization is part of my problem. and yet I insist on trying everything PoE has to offer, on my Open-Beta-testing toaster. be it SC, HC, PvP or races.
call me masochist, or just stubborn.

2) risk/reward can be defined a lot better, and I believe I have done so in the past. wasn't a priority here in this thread. priority was to get people to realise there is a loot problem in this game. which it did. priority was to get people to respect others, and understand the troubles of others. which it did only partially. better than nothing, I suppose.
Last edited by johnKeys on Oct 23, 2014, 1:45:12 PM
"
so you trade-tycoon. IIR grind with parties and a culler. avoid RNG as much as you can, instead of being stupid fucking John Keys who still tries to take it head on, and loses every. single. time.

This is advice from someone who is neither a trade-tycoon or a culler or plays in parties. Ignore people flashing high-end items, you don't need a single one of them.

This game has changed since Open Beta. Here are some builds you can do solo self-found.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/974627
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1033883
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/912579
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1027037

Maps are completely sustainable self found. Gear is completely obtainable self-found.

Your problem is that all your builds are not suited to a toaster computer. I've seen one of your builds - 2.8k in maps, you're going to die John.

If you want help with builds, send them to me and I can look at them - I'm very good with builds.

I'm fine with people saying the loot system is crap, yeah sure, I get mad sometimes when I have to grind for a Shavs and other people get them for free but what I really draw the line at is when people say the game is unplayable because of this which is complete BS.

If you can't create a character self found, there are some issues.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Oct 23, 2014, 1:50:08 PM
Some of us play 24/7 and not getting any GG drops while some of players playing less than a hour in a year and getting Mirror Drops, Shavs etc. Thats why i left because i dont like to waste my time and not get any rewards :)) But i guess thats just me :P
"
Some of us play 24/7 and not getting any GG drops while some of players playing less than a hour in a year and getting Mirror Drops, Shavs etc. Thats why i left because i dont like to waste my time and not get any rewards :)) But i guess thats just me :P

You're playing 24/7 wrong then, one of my friends bought 3 mirrors in Ambush purely from reaching level 100.

Talk to me if you want advice.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
I don't need build advice, Chunda. not here at least.
I have been playing for at least as long - in amount of years - as you have.
I'm the one usually giving build advice, and updating the wiki with valuable information for others.
information, which sadly is very, very rarely available "officially" in-game.

I also have several builds - mainly in HC - who are very good from my SF or partially-SF, playing-on-a-toaster point of view.
though recently I got so frustrated with the "nerf rounds" GGG are doing, it was build forums semi-dumb copying instead of the usual building and experimentation.

you are - as always - very quick to judge, after briefly seeing one of my many diverse characters, and concluding based on zero evidence, that your help is needed.

this thread, is about gear.
loot. the ability to gain loot. the respect of others, even if they "dare" leave the game because the drop system is "hardcore". read: crap.

and the best advice you can give me, if I ask for it, is "skip RNG instead of taunting it".
I know that. but I want to keep taunting it. keep hoping to some day break the motherf*ker.
hoping that one day - courtesy of GGG - RNG starts doing its intended work, while people who are here to kill stuff, will be rewarded for having the balls to take risks, and proving their skill's worth.
the trading, repeat-grinding, Magic-Finders will obviously be "richer", but everyone would have a fighting chance at a top-tier of piece of gear and content. read: at least one.
Last edited by johnKeys on Oct 23, 2014, 2:36:59 PM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"

You're playing 24/7 wrong then, one of my friends bought 3 mirrors in Ambush purely from reaching level 100.

You dont get my point. Im not talking about trading/buying items , im talking about getting dropped so i can get some heart attacks , adrenaline :D I have bought most of the expensive items in the game and played with them but its way more exciting when you see them on the ground while in trading i feel nothings its like "meh w/e" :P
"
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"

You dont get my point. Im not talking about trading/buying items , im talking about getting dropped so i can get some heart attacks , adrenaline :D I have bought most of the expensive items in the game and played with them but its way more exciting when you see them on the ground while in trading i feel nothings its like "meh w/e" :P

I don't think people feel that way. They play like bots, grind like bots, opening new session like bots - all on autopilot - to earn "currency". That's the fun for a scary large amount of players. The "playing" part comes second. A lot of players feel better buying a Shavs, than to see one drop. Understand it, if you can.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info