Impossible to play hc

well Im sure that its been said in a lot of the other posts that you will probably ignore and continue blaming desync.

In a way it was your fault though. First of all doing a high level zone than you is always risky and you didn't play carefully enough. Second of all if you were desynced in another room then its very easy to spot the weird behaviour of mobs around you.

You died at a pretty low level anyway. Just reroll and catch up in 4-5 hours again. No big deal.

Last week I lost 2 90s and an 81. 1 to atziri, 1 to lag from beyond mobs spawning in a bad moment, and 1 to desyncy haku zone I should have never tried running though while carrying totems. Ill just reroll when I have more time. All I lost is my chance of going for 8/8 but it doesnt matter in the long run because most people that play HC play for the journey. Everyone dies, its just a matter of when.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
My last character died to a game crash. I can count on my fingers the amount of crashes in 2 years. Died to something out of my control that shouldn't even kill me. I don't think I'd want to play HC until they modify the server to not kill your character when the server knows that you are disconnected. I don't want my survival to depend on luck.
Why would you play HC in PoE anyway? Game engine can not handle intended gameplay, just play SC with the intention of avoiding death as if you are HC.
"
symban wrote:
Why would you play HC in PoE anyway? Game engine can not handle intended gameplay, just play SC with the intention of avoiding death as if you are HC.

This.

And since "Avoiding Death" in SC is required to level past 85, you have to play HC mode anyway.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
koez wrote:
didnt alt f4 fast enough that why its your fault.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
symban wrote:

This.

And since "Avoiding Death" in SC is required to level past 85, you have to play HC mode anyway.

this is BS.

You can easily get to 90 dying here and there. What is 1 death at 85? Just do 1-2 more 75 maps and you are back on track.

You can play as safe as you want in SC and pretend its HC all you want but in the end you know that if you die its no biggie and you will just hit that respawn button and continue as if nothing happened. The thrill of surviving hard encounters or almost dying is jsut not there, and from that perspective its not so interesting.

Yeah sure it can be fun to make some crazy, all the dps nodes build and blow shit up without repercussions but the real fun for me personally is in HC, trying to push my limits there.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
symban wrote:

This.

I feel more like 90 before death becomes a real pain for leveling but it is a subjective point.
I can only understand playing temp HC leagues when they have an interesting mechanic. Apart from that it is just e-peen. Game is %100 same playing SC with the mindset of HC.

If there were no desynch, then yes I would see the point of doing it. But as it is, I dont see any point. Not to mention all the auto-pot / auto logout / map hacks/bots out there used by probably majority of top HC players. As if Alt-F4 wasn't bad enough they dont even Alt-F4 manually anymore, a bot logs them out when below certain life. HC much.
I died a single time to desync at level 14 with 0 lightning resist against prequil the lucky (SCs desynced) but only because i had no resists, apart from that no other desync related deaths with more than 10 character above level 85 done and running high maps, spacing through melee, casters and ranged.

If you build tanky and HC wise chances to die to desync are severely reduced. And even without building tanky desync can be avoided with ease with the correct precautions. It's just a matter of learning. And people crying on the forums usually don't wanna learn

"
Rathik2 wrote:
"
koez wrote:
didnt alt f4 fast enough that why its your fault.

spam fast

"
symban wrote:
As if Alt-F4 wasn't bad enough they dont even Alt-F4 manually anymore, a bot logs them out when below certain life. HC much.

wow better than spam here
Last edited by GodKas on Oct 19, 2014, 9:17:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info