Impossible to play hc

Accept character loss? You're kidding yourself. You embrace character loss. It's your chance to play some more. Most of my characters simply die because I'm too bored to play them anymore and I try something that they're not ready for. Good riddance!
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Accept character loss? You're kidding yourself. You embrace character loss. It's your chance to play some more. Most of my characters simply die because I'm too bored to play them anymore and I try something that they're not ready for. Good riddance!

most of the time.

and then comes a death like this, which is mostly or entirely not your fault - and knocks the wind right out your sails.

don't act, Shags.

everyone who ever played in at least one HC league in Path Of Exile, knows sometimes you just want to smash the screen and scream "WHAT THE FUCK??????!!!!!" at GGG, their servers, and their buggy implementation.

"embrace character loss" my ass.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
johnKeys wrote:

everyone who ever played in at least one HC league in Path Of Exile, knows sometimes you just want to smash the screen and scream "WHAT THE FUCK??????!!!!!" at GGG, their servers, and their buggy implementation.

"embrace character loss" my ass.

Most inexperienced players, yes.

Seasoned HC players, not so much, some people have the mental maturity to understand what they are getting into when they accept the TOS of playing a HC league in PoE.
anything is everything
the "ToS of a Hardcore league", Swagtrain, should be
"you make a mistake or fail to asses the situation properly - you die. deal with it!".

nothing more. nothing less.

they don't - and should never - include "you can randomly die to client glitches, lags, desync, random disconnections, 'failing' to fucking cower-out (ALTF4) in time, and a thousand other things you have absolutely no control of".

GGG know this too.
that's why you don't really "die" in HC.
the "die in HC" I know from years of playing games that had an "HC", equals losing your character.
Should.

We should be playing this on a single player program without any of this net bullshit. That would be ideal.

But we play the game we have.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Should.

We should be playing this on a single player program without any of this net bullshit. That would be ideal.

But we play the game we have.

agree.
but there's a fine line between that, and saying "you should embrace dying to technicalities" or "that's part of the HC ToS".

play HC, and "embrace" the fact there will be moments of pure rage, where you'd want to smash the PoE server with a sledgehammer and mangle their code with a virus, because forces beyond your control "decided" this character is done for.
moments you'd no longer want to continue playing HC in Path Of Exile, for a damn good reason.

and then after some time, you'll still select "Hardcore/Onslaught/Nemesis/Beyond" at that character creation screen :)
Last edited by johnKeys on Oct 18, 2014, 2:18:02 PM
Nah. None of that. What makes me want to quit are much longer term issues than that. I look at what I expect the game to be two years from now. That makes me mad. Hope they turn this boat around before it hits the iceberg.
well if you want to play HC you have to get used to the desync there is no way around this
i spam oos like each 20 secs but it works!
and you dont need a alt+4 (thats even stupid, cause ull stay for some more secs ing)
and no logout macro..
just ESC and press resume to character screen, i can do this in a sec, had to lern it on the hard way.

And yea it can be frustrating to die often, ripped my 10th cahr 3 days ago,7 of them were mapping.
But i hate it more to die on radom stuff like pc crash or DC, than getting oneshotted, thats np and i rr
"
ExusTrek wrote:
. . .off-topic waste of forum space, enjoy the might of the report button . . .

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
When a game is flawed like PoE is, you simply don't play HC. Desync is not "a part of the game" to make you "better". Suck my popsicle if you believe that! Just avoid HC and you will avoid misery.

And yea, that's a classic for anyone claiming to be a HC player using Alt-F4 to bail out from the game when they can't prevent their deaths.

Im avin a giggle m9
Last edited by gtrans on Oct 18, 2014, 3:26:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info