Impossible to play hc

"
gtrans wrote:
When a game is flawed like PoE is, you simply don't play HC. Desync is not "a part of the game" to make you "better". Suck my popsicle if you believe that! Just avoid HC and you will avoid misery.

And yea, that's a classic for anyone claiming to be a HC player using Alt-F4 to bail out from the game when they can't prevent their deaths.

Im avin a giggle m9

Well, first damn smart comment. Ty for advice!
My second char, a bower in Beyond, got lvl 85 or 86 ( i can't remember ) without using /oos once, macro was not even enabled. If you think that end game is lvl 91, sort of ... Not that far from it, then.

Ofc, i had to "log out" many times, because of desync or unwise décisions, but i was not paying attention whether it was because of X, or because of Y reason. It all comes from experience, do not loose patience and try again, in the end, you will not even blink about that stuff, and you will for sure avoid some risky "behaviours", leading to awful desyncs. We all did this.

Start thinking about playing mostly solo, i have the feeling it can decrease desync surprises, as monsters are going to die "all packed", most of the time. Same if you can play with two efficient and/or complementary buddies.

ps : an exile crushed me while i was in bad shape, the rip was deserved.
Last edited by Mouroult on Oct 18, 2014, 5:04:52 PM
"
When a game is flawed like PoE is, you simply don't play HC. Desync is not "a part of the game" to make you "better". Suck my popsicle if you believe that! Just avoid HC and you will avoid misery.

And yea, that's a classic for anyone claiming to be a HC player using Alt-F4 to bail out from the game when they can't prevent their deaths.

Im avin a giggle m9

stupid comment for everyone who just WANTS to play HC in POE.
i would not play POE at all if there was no hc.
I dont WANT to use oos but you are forced to it by the game OK.
But why should be quit cause we log out in dangerous situations? lol?

Didnt you ever play D2? Hc was the same just without desync, and hell yea everone loged off as far as i can remeber.
so many softcore minded people playing hc in PoE, and then whining about stuff here(monsters too hard, died to desynch etc)

myself included(excluding the whining part). First game i ever really played hc in any game. Then got to the point were i was too scared to actually have fun at the game(even though i have died like 2 times or so in past 1,5 years). Played 1 month sc league and had a blast even though i died 2 times before hitting 90.

will give hc a go again though since friends play it and hopefully i can stop playing overly careful to get some more fun out of it, even if it means dying more
Ign: LavaMosse
TimeZone: GMT+2
If I had a good internet connection lag/dc/desync free I could. Just build max block max resits tank. But really it's not very fun stacking all sorts of mitigation in lieu of DPS. Play SC for a good time.

My very first character made like lvl 74 before she died in HC. Built 2 more after that and finally gave up. It's just not that fun.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Oct 18, 2014, 5:47:21 PM
"
HardcoreNP wrote:
"

Im avin a giggle m9

stupid comment for everyone who just WANTS to play HC in POE.
i would not play POE at all if there was no hc.
I dont WANT to use oos but you are forced to it by the game OK.
But why should be quit cause we log out in dangerous situations? lol?

Didnt you ever play D2? Hc was the same just without desync, and hell yea everone loged off as far as i can remeber.

Hey pal, try my Hardcore. Play the game without alt-f4. Not even once. Then we will see how long you can last.
Last edited by gtrans on Oct 18, 2014, 6:21:01 PM
You know, the fact that people literally say we're a bunch of whiners for dieing to a desync, if I die to a boss that can 1-hit me for whatever reason FINE, that is the point of HC, you learn your limits.

I don't play HC in an diablo-esk game to HOPE I don't die to normal packs because the invisible game desync decided to make me appear in the middle of the pack. The fact that you have build your character around being tanky to stop dieing to a bug in the netcode, rendering problem, WHATEVER CAUSES IT is just stupid. Its even MORE stupid that people are opening defending a game company's mess up what is this Blizzard's fanbase?
It's. Not. Worth. It.

Quit playing this game like you think it should be, and play it like it is. Or don't. Just don't come here and complain when it behaves exactly like it's been behaving for the last two years and you haven't adapted to it yet.
"
blademyth wrote:
You know, the fact that people literally say we're a bunch of whiners for dieing to a desync, if I die to a boss that can 1-hit me for whatever reason FINE, that is the point of HC, you learn your limits.

I don't play HC in an diablo-esk game to HOPE I don't die to normal packs because the invisible game desync decided to make me appear in the middle of the pack. The fact that you have build your character around being tanky to stop dieing to a bug in the netcode, rendering problem, WHATEVER CAUSES IT is just stupid. Its even MORE stupid that people are opening defending a game company's mess up what is this Blizzard's fanbase?

Yep, people like you are just here to whine and complain and find other people to whine and complain with so you feel better about yourself and you can excuse yourself from gameplay that probably led to your death.

Simple: if you don't want to deal with desync, leave this game NOW and dont' come back because it's not about to change. Or you can come here like a baby and complain about the same thing again and again. I predict you'll do the latter many, many times.

The third option (which I KNOW you will not do) is to learn to play around desync. Sure it'll hit you still once in a while, but you can minimize its effects and minimize dieing.

However, the SC players that complain the most should never do Hardcore at all. They do not have the right temperament do it. In another game with no desync, you will be complaining about some other aspect of that game and blaming your death on that because that is how people like you act.

And btw, you do not build characters in Hardcore tanky because of desync, you build them tanky because YOU ARE IN HARDCORE. Do no come to Hardcore if you can't handle all the repercussions it has.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." — Mark Twain
"
eLFi20111 wrote:
After i killed those 2 lured mobs and was attacking 3 rd ( without moving anywhere ) the mob dissapeared and i started to losing health. I get teleported in this place and ripped.

you didnt hold shift while you attacked to force your character to stand still, that is the only way you could have teleported to the mob, and that is why it's your fault.

Im surprised at how many people in this thread have failed to spot this right away and post it, poor show chaps, poor show.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info