Done with game if these drop rates aren't bugged.

"
Angriff36 wrote:
I'm not building a MF character, I shouldn't need iiq and iir to see uniques and rare mobs drop something. Very often they just drop whites. I think I got my answer, which is working as intended so I'll be on my way to something else.

You don't need to make a MF character. But putting some IIR on will make a big difference I usually aim for around 60-100%.
"
Angriff36 wrote:
I'm not building a MF character, I shouldn't need iiq and iir to see uniques and rare mobs drop something. Very often they just drop whites. I think I got my answer, which is working as intended so I'll be on my way to something else.

You dont have to build a MF char to see an improvement. Hell the char im playing now has like 25IIR, and gets about the same amount of uniques as my main mf char's, and gets a decent amount of rare drops, far more then it should IMO. Though my MF IIR char's that have 150+, get over whelming amounts of rares, which is good for vendering.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
"
terrex wrote:
If great items dropped all over the place it wouldn't be that exciting to find something worth keeping. This game allows for extreme situations with rare cases of RNG, if that's not your thing there are much friendlier games in terms of loot.

GGG took it too far.

there are people here who joined at about the same time I did, and consider my 2 dropped 6-links, several good uniques/rares (though not a single "godly") and about 5 Exalted Orbs and Divines (zero Eternal. zero Mirrors) - to be very lucky.
almost two years, and thousands of hours. read again: yes, thousands.

that should give you an idea of just how utterly fucked-up the drop system is.
and if it doesn't, just think about the amount of times you dropped something good after defeating something crazy. now compare it to the amount of times you possibly dropped good stuff, even though you did nothing to earn/deserve them.

fucked. up. out. of. control. PRNG.

luckily, there are more than a handful of things that make this game good regardless.
I joined a good game in Open Beta, and watched it become what can be safely described as a future classic.

but you can't blame people leaving due to fucked-up RNG abusing them repeatedly.
some people just don't like to be abused.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Oct 18, 2014, 12:38:19 PM
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
terrex wrote:
If great items dropped all over the place it wouldn't be that exciting to find something worth keeping. This game allows for extreme situations with rare cases of RNG, if that's not your thing there are much friendlier games in terms of loot.

GGG took it too far.

there are people here who joined at about the same time I did, and consider my 2 dropped 6-links, several good uniques/rares (though not a single "godly") and about 5 Exalted Orbs and Divines (zero Eternal. zero Mirrors) - to be very lucky.

that should give you an idea of just how utterly fucked-up the drop system is.
and if it doesn't, just think about the amount of times you dropped something good after defeating something crazy. now compare it to the amount of times you possibly dropped good stuff, even though you did nothing to earn/deserve them.

fucked. up. out. of. control. PRNG.

luckily, there are more than a handful of things that make this game good regardless.
I joined a good game in Open Beta, and watched it become what can be safely described as a future classic.

but you can't blame people leaving due to fucked-up RNG abusing them repeatedly.
some people just don't like to be abused.

If you are aware of the structure of this game and complain yet still play, that is ignorance. I absolutely love the drops in this game, I don't want it to ever be changed. If you put in time, play smart, you will only gain wealth if that's what you are after.

I've played since OB launch, played a bit in CB.. I've found like 40+ exalts, like 20 divines, no mirror, 2 shitty 6link drops, only seen soul taker as far as high end uniques go for drops.

If you want to see drops, put on some iir / iiq and do dom. If you want to map and see drops, get an insane clear speed build that can maybe fit in some iir or a culling.

People play so inefficiently and complain on certain things, they don't step back and assess the situation to better themselves or to possibly make their experience more enjoyable.

Doing the wrong things, complaining about it, lack of research or the ability to comprehend what is available. People make mistakes, they will hopefully learn from them. You think people that play inefficiently and waste currency / gear should be rewarded with more?

Ehheh
Last edited by terrex on Oct 18, 2014, 12:42:02 PM
"
terrex wrote:
You think people that play inefficiently and waste currency / gear should be rewarded with more?

I think people who have the skill and the balls to take on the game's crazy challenges and come out on top, should get rewarded for their skill, courage and knowledge.

color me naive, because I want risk/reward to happen in this game.

risk/reward, and gradual incremental fixes to technical issues, are the things standing between this game, and what can be no less than a serious contender for "best ARPG in history of gaming".
keep that in mind.

people who are "efficient" - as in "efficient no-life IIR party grind, and efficient flip-trade" - will always be better off than the "simply skilled".
but there's no reason the "simply skilled" need to be out in the fucking desert, begging for water they damn sure deserve.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Oct 18, 2014, 12:51:50 PM
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
terrex wrote:
You think people that play inefficiently and waste currency / gear should be rewarded with more?

I think people who have the skill and the balls to take on the game's crazy challenges and come out on top, should get rewarded for their skill, courage and knowledge.

color me naive, because I want risk/reward to happen in this game.

risk/reward, and gradual incremental fixes to technical issues, are the things standing between this game, and what can be no less than a serious contender for "best ARPG in history of gaming".
keep that in mind.

people who are "efficient" - as in "efficient IIR party grind and efficient flip-trade" - will probably always be better off than the "simply skilled".
but there's no reason the "simply skilled" need to be out in the fucking desert, begging for water they damn sure deserve.

What exactly is your risk vs reward situation? Do you want them to make insane monsters you can barely kill that guarantee drop a shavs or something stupid?

Get real. Skill through knowledge, playing, experience is what shines. Mechanics can only go so far and will only prove to be so much of a challenge until players learn it and trivialize it. Uber is a perfect example.
"
terrex wrote:

What exactly is your risk vs reward situation? Do you want them to make insane monsters you can barely kill that guarantee drop a shavs or something stupid?

Get real. Skill through knowledge, playing, experience is what shines. Mechanics can only go so far and will only prove to be so much of a challenge until players learn it and trivialize it. Uber is a perfect example.

Don't waste your time with _______, he barely plays the game, and barely understands anything about it, he doesn't have the perspective, experience, or knowledge of a player like you. The concepts of his mind are those of an individual with pent of frustrations from seeing others' successes and not understanding why he cannot have such success. Instead of working, learning, understanding, implementing and succeeding, he would rather wallow and complain until the game is changed into his paradise.
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Oct 18, 2014, 1:04:14 PM
"
terrex wrote:

I've played since OB launch, played a bit in CB.. I've found like 40+ exalts, like 20 divines, no mirror, 2 shitty 6link drops, only seen soul taker as far as high end uniques go for drops.

I don't understand. I am assuming you probably have a thousand or more hours of playtime as well and that is satisfactory to you? I look at those results and get a litte disheartened. The same way i get disheartened when i see threads about people doing 500 dom runs and getting nothing but vendor trash uniques and chaos recipe rares. Like most f2p games i think things are designed to keep you playing and more likely to buy something. It has nothing to do with rewarding efficiency or creating a challenge. How challenging is it to win the lottery?
"
yungwhiz wrote:
"
terrex wrote:

I don't understand. I am assuming you probably have a thousand or more hours of playtime as well and that is satisfactory to you? I look at those results and get a litte disheartened. The same way i get disheartened when i see threads about people doing 500 dom runs and getting nothing but vendor trash uniques and chaos recipe rares. Like most f2p games i think things are designed to keep you playing and more likely to buy something. It has nothing to do with rewarding efficiency or creating a challenge. How challenging is it to win the lottery?

I've easily put in over 5000 6000+ hours. To me I can't get enough of this. The feels, they are real at times. This includes afk time though. Not playing constantly. I got 2844 hours on steam and I've probably used that for under half my time. Takes too long to load though so I stopped.
Last edited by terrex on Oct 18, 2014, 1:04:23 PM
op is 56lv guys omg he expected already 5 void batteries and 3 shavs idk whats wrong with that omggg.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info