Done with game if these drop rates aren't bugged.

KNEEL BEFORE YOUR GOD EXILE
HAIL SATAN!
"
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Alysma wrote:
If you are flagged as a bot, you don't see any currency. You can ask for your account to be checked but for that you'll have to email Support.

This has to be a joke! Why would they flag someone as a bot instead of just ban the account?

Think about it.

edit: Metronomy got there first. Whoops.

__

OP: It seems your drops aren't bugged. Guess you're done with the game. Take care, best of luck. Goodbye!

...yeah, right.

Don't know the op so maybe he has the courage of his convictions. The persistent empty threats certainly support your "yeah right" though.

At least this one asked a question, got an answer and then said 'peace, I'm out' without vomiting a ton of garbage or hate. Silver lining?
As Charan would say, post history
HAIL SATAN!
My level 10 Mara got a Unique in Forgotten Depths - as I_NO and others have pointed out "Random is Random"
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
Angriff36 wrote:
I'm not building a MF character, I shouldn't need iiq and iir to see uniques and rare mobs drop something. Very often they just drop whites. I think I got my answer, which is working as intended so I'll be on my way to something else.

One thing I didn't discover about PoE until I had played for quite awhile, was that being over leveled can cut into your drop rates. If your character is level 27 and killing level 25 monsters, you won't be affected much, but if your character is level 27 and killing level 19 monsters, you'll notice the difference.

Usually, I find that my characters get the best drops when they are 1 level under or right at the level of the instance.

So far, Rampage isn't working that way at all. Who knows, my next game could be the lucky one!

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Being overleveled only reduces the chance to find currency items. You get a 2.5 percentage points penalty for every level you exceed the monster level +2.

-> Level 90 in a Level 68 area: 50% penalty. This has nothing to do with not finding rares and uniques. You just need iir for that. Otherwise, that stat would be rendered useless. Don't expect to get all the cookies without paying for them :P
The reality of the situation is that the rates could be set to 100 times their current rate and you'd still have the same people complaining about not getting any good drops. That's because the perception of "good" is affected by drop rates. You would be talking about different items, but you would still be complaining that nothing good was dropping.

Once you trade, you are sampling from a filtered set... seeing one in a million items. You start thinking that these one in a million items are normal. They're not. They don't drop all that often. But you see them clumped together on xyz and you think "I should be getting these drops too". No. You shouldn't.
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
terrex wrote:

What exactly is your risk vs reward situation? Do you want them to make insane monsters you can barely kill that guarantee drop a shavs or something stupid?

Get real. Skill through knowledge, playing, experience is what shines. Mechanics can only go so far and will only prove to be so much of a challenge until players learn it and trivialize it. Uber is a perfect example.

well why the hell not?

I mean, I've pretty much accepted the fact I'll NEVER see a single BiS item or top-tier currency in this game, no matter how hard I try and what I beat.
or alternatively I can have a shitty day in terms of skill-based achievements, and randomly drop something out of a random barrel.

does this seem like a normal situation to you?

I don't want to be "1% rich" with literally thousands of Exalts, mirrored 6-links, Shavs/Kaoms/CoEs and all that jazz.
but give me a fighting chance to get something good on my own skill, without being required - yes, required - to resort to the same tactics and styles the "1%" do.

I'm not "1% trading/grinding no-life elite". I'm me. I'm John Keys, an old D&D nerd and RPG fanatic, and by god I managed to fucking get somewhere on my own damned skill in pretty much every game I played so far.
be it Uber Tristram and level 90+ in D2, level 43 Hell Difficulty in D1, crazy Uber Zones in Median, beating Demon's Souls, NG++ Elite in Torchlight 2.... hell almost beating Rogue all those years ago.

Uber Atziri? in this game I will never get the gear to beat the "normal" version, unless I stop being me.
and yes, that makes me more than a bit upset.

I love this game, and hate it at the same time.
and I'll still keep playing it. at least a thousand hours more.

People can now beat normal artizi with 10 exalt gear or less.

The biggest difference between the normal population and MF is a drastic difference.

You literally are touting how amazing you are at video games, but refusing to MF in this game. If you played D2 at all you would understand almost nobody farms for a long period of time without stacking tons of MF. Even the only game that require more skill then ability to farm would be demon souls and rogue.

Almost all of theses posts of drop rates being "bad" are people who haven't even finishing their characters with almost no MF.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Oct 19, 2014, 4:51:10 PM
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

Almost all of theses posts of drop rates being "bad" are people who haven't even finishing their characters with almost no MF.

I'd lie if I say I have 0 Magic-Find.
my Cyclone Marauder in Standard has a nice amount (~80 IIR) without sacrificing survivability. legacy gear is one of the benefits of being here since the start of Open Beta :)

but still it feels like my chances of ever getting something truly great, are below zero.
yes, a feeling you get when after almost two years and not a single top-of-the-line, build-finishing item to be proud of, ever dropping.
have a 6-link that finished my Witch's Arc setup, but it's so bad it's almost like a Tabula Rasa with a couple stats.
have another 6-link. so bad people actually told me to vendor it for a Divine when I asked them to theorycraft a gem setup.

there are people in this game who bypass the dice of torture, by becoming kingpins of trade, masters of no-life, and barons of endlessly grinding in a party with a Culler, sporting literally hundreds of IIR and dozens of IIQ.
these people, are the "rich".
the ones who see and get to use dozens of those items-I'll-never-have, on an almost daily basis.

well I don't want to be "rich".
I simply want what I think I deserve by now. what I have proven worthy of.
RNG just laughs and spits in my face. repeatedly.
and when I go the extra step and demand my BiS drop that-would-never-happen actually comes from beating something crazy, and not from some barrel or rock - that's when GGG start laughing too.

saying you had to trade in D2? man I got up to Uber Tristram without ever seeing a single Stone Of Jordan.

no game forces you to trade or just do anti-fun things, the way this game does.
no game made RNG - a simple tool of ARPG - this crazy, unchecked, hated and feared.
and why did they do it? I can think of a number of reasons. none of which can be classified as giving a shit about a player's gameplay experience.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

I'd lie if I say I have 0 Magic-Find.
my Cyclone Marauder in Standard has a nice amount (~80 IIR) without sacrificing survivability. legacy gear is one of the benefits of being here since the start of Open Beta :)

but still it feels like my chances of ever getting something truly great, are below zero.
yes, a feeling you get when after almost two years and not a single top-of-the-line, build-finishing item to be proud of, ever dropping.
have a 6-link that finished my Witch's Arc setup, but it's so bad it's almost like a Tabula Rasa with a couple stats.
have another 6-link. so bad people actually told me to vendor it for a Divine when I asked them to theorycraft a gem setup.

there are people in this game who bypass the dice of torture, by becoming kingpins of trade, masters of no-life, and barons of endlessly grinding in a party with a Culler, sporting literally hundreds of IIR and dozens of IIQ.
these people, are the "rich".
the ones who see and get to use dozens of those items-I'll-never-have, on an almost daily basis.

well I don't want to be "rich".
I simply want what I think I deserve by now. what I have proven worthy of.
RNG just laughs and spits in my face. repeatedly.
and when I go the extra step and demand my BiS drop that-would-never-happen actually comes from beating something crazy, and not from some barrel or rock - that's when GGG start laughing too.

saying you had to trade in D2? man I got up to Uber Tristram without ever seeing a single Stone Of Jordan.

no game forces you to trade or just do anti-fun things, the way this game does.
no game made RNG - a simple tool of ARPG - this crazy, unchecked, hated and feared.
and why did they do it? I can think of a number of reasons. none of which can be classified as giving a shit about a player's gameplay experience.

I'm not saying drop rates are "good", I am saying that drop rates completely suck if you don't mf. Even then you increase your drop rates further more by grouping, and once more if you have a culler. The game being balanced around MF guts anyone not doing it. "Skill" in this game solo wise is the ability to see how much you can put on MF while farming at the highest area you can. Not skill as in actually playing your character.

Hell you don't even need to "no life mf", I can play with 1-2 other friends and run an aura support shock/freeze or whatever build with a ton of MF (plus the ton of MF bonus from partying) and split the profits two or 3 way and make more money then you would ever and clear faster/more safe.

I don't "support" mf because I made many posts thinking we should remove it from the game and challenge should be doing the highest can that's the hardest for rewards, not how much MF at the time when I defeated the boss.

This is why RNG is "harsh" for people that do not interact with friends/other players or MF.

I saw your thread, I gave you some advice and even told you to just scour the item and craft it from the ground up. Since your item is at list ilvl69-71 you can put most T2 mods on it which will do fine for you.

Also defeating uber trist required an insane amount of attack speed, crushing blow and resists/blocking, similar to how we require something like that for our boss if you build specifically for it.

If anything I recommend you suck it up and make a high MF character. Hell I'll even throw you a ton of free MF unqie and items if you want to start one up. (some sort of caster or summoner)
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Oct 19, 2014, 6:03:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info